Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is OU getting so much hype? Outside of the Texas game, I thought they had a meh year, maybe I'm remembering wrong.
And they lost their entire OL and QB. I know they have their version of Nico (highest rated 5* qb, etc...)but I just don't see it. Their defense wasnt amazing either.

Not at all and I've never wanted that. I'm simply thinking contracts between schools and players are the final answer to all of this mess.

Schools want more control over players, like they used to have. Given the insanity of the current status, it's quite understandable. Players currently have far more freedom of movement than any players or coaches in any sport and it's chaotic well beyond what any pro league would even allow.

Players should also be properly compensated and have a sensible amount of freedom, similar to their own coaches.

When given a variety of competing interests, contractual agreements tend to be the final answer.
😂 I was just aggravating you! But unfortunately every time I think about it that is the end result I see.

Last edited:
My wife can no longer watch a team coached by pretty Holly. She refuses to watch the Lady Vols until Harper is gone and she was a Harper supporter. Sees the writing on the wall.
I’m the same way and there’s going to be several loses this season. Without Jackson we lose Tonight. Be lucky to win 17 games if lucky. Really thought Kellie would do good here

Reactions: tnhunter 10
People complain that we don’t have any HS lineman playing under elarbee, but then the same people complain that we need 3 portal lineman since we have no one else to replace mincey. I’m not saying who’s right or wrong but people can’t keep playing both sides of the argument. Maybe umarov steps up or maybe vysen lang is ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back