Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best all around back ever at Tennessee
Him, Chuck Webb, and Alvin (can you imagine Alvin in Heupel's offense...hell, in anyone competent's offense??).

If Reggie Cobb could've kept his head on straight, who knows how much bigger his legend could be. His redshirt freshman year, he rushed for 1200 yds and 17 TDs, and had 200 yds receiving with 3 more TDs.

My favorite though was Cheese. All time leading rusher in school history, and had only one year where he was truly The Man. People sometimes forget, Lewis went down in the fourth game of the 98 season (Auburn). The next week in Athens, it wasn't Henry who got the start, it was Travis Stephens, who went for over 100 that game. Cheese didn't take over starting duties until the sixth game of the season, and almost rushed for 1000 yds on the season. The next year, he split time with a returning Jamal.

People complain that we don’t have any HS lineman playing under elarbee, but then the same people complain that we need 3 portal lineman since we have no one else to replace mincey. I’m not saying who’s right or wrong but people can’t keep playing both sides of the argument. Maybe umarov steps up or maybe vysen lang is ready?
The reason the lineman Tennessee has recruited aren’t playing is because they currently are not good enough to be on the field. We do need portal offensive lineman because we just started two walk-on OL over those the staff recruited out of high school. I think it’s fair to complain about the lack of playing time for the traditionally recruited OL because they are clearly not good enough while also wanting more stable options out of the portal.

The issue is that there are probably not as many stable options in the portal. The portal offensive lineman have to come in here and learn the system quickly as opposed to starting after 2-3 years in the system like the traditional OL would.

I’m not an expert by any mean, but I believe it’s fair to question our recruiting at that position. However, I must admit, the running game has rarely suffered from any of our offensive line recruiting which is impressive as hell. I’m sure it will all be alright.

So is anyone gonna explain what a “volimitory” is, or what?
Its the small tunnel sections that give entrance into the inside of the stadium, I believe. . . or a similar section. I think, if you're looking down at the stadium and see all the entrance ways to the stands, those are the vomitories. . . maybe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back