Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said it for the longest time but Milton is JG.

Same “strong” arm that can throw it the whole length of the football field

Same guy that looks amazing in practice

Same QB since his HS days, a career 58% completion guy. Thanks to the kid for being a Vol, but it’s time to move on.

Same thing with Martinez bro, dude plays upperclassmen, all of our upperclassmen guys in the secondary are trash. I want Martinez gone. Banks can stay for now but he needs to fix his **** quick

Not unless we get some studs on the OL and at CB
Who knows what we have on the O line. We seem to play the same ones all the time. We haven’t played a single recruited OL since they got here. All holdovers and transfers.

We have recruited well at DB. But we keep trotting out the same crap upperclassmen who are what they are.

Last edited:

Same QB since his HS days, a career 58% completion guy. Thanks to the kid for being a Vol, but it’s time to move on.

Same thing with Martinez bro, dude plays upperclassmen, all of our upperclassmen guys in the secondary are trash. I want Martinez gone. Banks can stay for now but he needs to fix his **** quick
Mike Leach said coaches get way too enamored with strong armed QBs with accuracy issues. Said they always think they can fix them at every level of ball and almost never can. Milton is the perfect example of that. He is simply not an accurate QB and can’t be fixed.

Mike Leach said coaches get way too enamored with strong armed QBs with accuracy issues. Said they always think they can fix them at every level of ball and almost never can. Milton is the perfect example of that. He is simply not an accurate QB and can’t be fixed.

If he had even the slightest amount of touch on the ball, I probably would’ve never posted that.

Reason Peyton was such a great QB, didn’t have the arm strength, but damn did he have touch on his ball.

Reactions: voltn21
Needs to be said as well, but I CAN NOT WAIT FOR HADDEN TO BE GONE

Every big game, the kid plays terrible, then wants to shake his head and act All-SEC when he’s been burned 25 times. Like did y’all see his piss poor tackling on that dude that pushed him 5 yards and he scored lol

One of the worst DBs I’ve seen play at UT, and it’s not close

Kamal Hadden = Justin Martin

Pretty much spot on. We have glossed over the issues because they have been winning (pointing the finger at myself as well).

JMO -

For all of the Sunbelt Billy commenters I have read on here - he just took less talent with more hungry players and schemes that worked for his guys and beat us like a drum. Florida will continue to be a thorn in our side for the future. Beatable, but not without doing things better.

We are getting exactly what Martinez has produced his entire secondary coaching career. You will see flashes of good play and the rest of the time it will be subpar to trash. He's still here.

I am tired of the Banks learning experiences as a DC in the SEC. Being unprepared and unable to adjust other than at half time is not acceptable. I like his overall scheme - but it seems something falls through the cracks in his game prep and adjustments under the lights in a handful of games each season. Hooker and the O covered for it last season. Not happening this season.

Again - not taking a serviceable back up Center with the transfer portal and free agency of today was stupid on Heup's part.

I like Joe M as a person. I like him best as a back up as a player. Joe is a bit of a show pony. With his body he should be inflicting pain on defenders trying to tackle him, but his instincts are to avoid and go down. I do not see "warrior" in him. As a result leadership will always be an issue. Add in his inability to control the game with his calls at the LOS and missed throws to open targets. It is Nico time in my book. I do not want to limp through a 7 win season with Joe when they can do that or better with Nico while gaining ground on the future.

Birmingham can stick their officials where the sun doesn't shine. Hate is a strong word - but I have hated their good ole boy cheating for decades. They don't even try to hide it anymore.

How in the heck can you have watched that garbage and believe it's not that bad..it is VERY bad...this could snowball and lead us back into oblivion.

This team sucks right now.
When a team sucks who should get the blame???? The players that were recruited to play here???? OR the COACHES who suppose to set them up for success???? I vote the latter of the 2......

Give Nico the keys and let him get the growing pains out the way. This week will be a good opportunity to get his feet wet
Literally the perfect week to start Nico.

Hopefully Heupel doesn’t drag ass and gives Joe a chance against UTSA like Butch would do to give him a chance to look good and keep his as the starter.

Have a feeling though we’re going to Butch this and start Joe, he looks good, then he starts against USCe, and gets embarrassed at home to Beamer.

Sadly I think it will take two losses for Heupel to make a change.

Literally the perfect week to start Nico.

Hopefully Heupel doesn’t drag ass and gives Joe a chance against UTSA like Butch would do to give him a chance to look good and keep his as the starter.

Have a feeling though we’re going to Butch this and start Joe, he looks good, then he starts against USCe, and gets embarrassed at home to Beamer.

Sadly I think it will take two losses for Heupel to make a change.

I agree. Beamer's an idgit, but his guys believe in him. His team is on the rise, they proved it yesterday. He does not have a QB issue. Beating us at Neyland would make their season.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
All we needed to do was take our playbook against Kentucky 2022 and do it again. I can't believe we let the one guy I was concerned about (Ettiene) beat us. Missing Slaughter was crucial. He is the one DB we have that lays the wood and can tackle. We are not getting turnovers. Billy kept it simple. When we put pass rush personnel in, he ran it. When we had run stoppers in, he passed it. I do not recall Mertz throwing a completed pass that went more than 20 yards down the field.

To this point, our offense doesn't travel. Crowd noise disrupts us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back