Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think our o-line will look a lot better when Mays is back. It's critical that they get a backup center up to speed just from an operational standpoint. Lane and Davis are a big drop-off.

They need to stop throwing to the sidelines so much and let Joe sink or swim. If he steps up, great. If he struggles, move on. We can't afford to get stuck in a position where we try to scheme around him. I think he'll step up. He made plays when they were forced to throw it down the field.

The calls on both sides of the ball were disappointing overall. It's like the coaches are trying to be conservative and avoid the guys making big mistakes. I would like to see them be aggressive like we're used to seeing. The team looked fine last night when they were attacking and soft when they weren't.

I have never been more mad at a stupid penalty than when Florida quickly ran to the line at their own 30 with what we all knew was a ploy to draw us off. It worked. I nearly exploded. The offside late in the game that cost us another 2 minutes was the icing on the cake.
Biggest penalty by far was the refs stopping to move the ball an inch or the Castles block which was BS.

Two of the worst calls I’ve ever seen, two potential scores right there to put us back in the game

Okay posters saying OL is horrible which may have some legs to it...THEN others saying put Nico in ...so add together put Nico behind a horrible OL 🤔 that makes about as much sense as putting a blind man to work a school crossing....
OL was a lot better in the 2nd half. I think it’s serviceable and not awful. Others may disagree

Refs saved Colorado on the blind side block
That one may have been worse than the one in the Tennessee-Florida game. The CSU player simply disengaged from one tackler and hit another with a block. They were squared up against each other face to face, he just never saw it coming because he thought the blocker would stay engaged with the original would-be tackler. Absolute terrible call, and if that is the definition of a "crack-back block", then just put them flags on their waists and take tackling out of the game altogether. That was simply pitiful.

I think our o-line will look a lot better when Mays is back. It's critical that they get a backup center up to speed just from an operational standpoint. Lane and Davis are a big drop-off.

They need to stop throwing to the sidelines so much and let Joe sink or swim. If he steps up, great. If he struggles, move on. We can't afford to get stuck in a position where we try to scheme around him. I think he'll step up. He made plays when they were forced to throw it down the field.

The calls on both sides of the ball were disappointing overall. It's like the coaches are trying to be conservative and avoid the guys making big mistakes. I would like to see them be aggressive like we're used to seeing. The team looked fine last night when they were attacking and soft when they weren't.
They don’t trust Joe and our offense has turned into run and screen passes. Only time we actually did anything on offense besides the first series was when Florida played off and conservative. We couldn’t do anything when they were aggressive.

Okay posters saying OL is horrible which may have some legs to it...THEN others saying put Nico in ...so add together put Nico behind a horrible OL 🤔 that makes about as much sense as putting a blind man to work a school crossing....

See Alabama as example A for what a great quarterback can hide behind a terrible oline.

Reactions: SoilVol
See Alabama as example A for what a great quarterback can hide behind a terrible oline.
So now compare a QB just out of high school to a 2 year starter and a Heismann Trophy winner...about playing behind a terrible OL... No doubt Nico will be great but set him up for success not total failure...

Lol. Just keep on saying before every game that Joe is going to throw four TDs and dominate and maybe that will magically come true one time. Because it sure hasn’t happened. OL was fine against UVA and Peay. Had a bad game against UF.
I can’t even with a couple of them. It’s like they think screen passes ten times a game are normal and a QB hitting a couple decent throws a game makes him good. Didn’t see all the dirt balls or bad passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back