Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. Just keep on saying before every game that Joe is going to throw four TDs and dominate and maybe that will magically come true one time. Because it sure hasn’t happened. OL was fine against UVA and Peay. Had a bad game against UF.

I can’t even with a couple of them. It’s like they think screen passes ten times a game are normal and a QB hitting a couple decent throws a game makes him good. Didn’t see all the dirt balls or bad passes.
Lol. Just as you we all can have hopes and dreams....

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
I've taken heat because of my take that officials are Crooked, that the SEC orchestrates who gets calls. It's happens week in and week out. It's becoming more and more blatant. They rely on people's trust that there is no way this would happen. People say "sure there were bad calls but the vols stunk it up". All the refs have to do is call a strategic phantom call here or there to change the outcome of the game. Also, it's not always about what they call but about what they don't call.

You don't beat Saban and Skanky without consequences. This league is as Crooked as the mafia. Get ready for more screwing the rest of the season. They're not done punishing us for last year.

We will suck no matter who the QB is. There are problems everywhere, and Nico won’t solve them. Might as well not get him killed.

Every ****ing year it seems like you people clamor for the shiny new freshman to solve all our problems. It’s always a trainwreck when it happens.

We just suck. Deal with it.

Heupel didn't just get dumb and forget how to call offense overnight. He has a long track record of getting high level production from a variety of different QBs with different play styles. You have to assume that there is a method to the madness. That is why I hesitate to place too much blame on Heupel for the offensive play calls at least, seems to me he would be getting high level production if there was any way to do so, just like he's done everywhere else.

I dont think he needs to be fired, but no more very pre mature extensions. I think Heupe will get and should get 5 years min, but the media needs to make him uncomfortable when this season goes down the tubes.

Terrible take. CJH put together two of the best back to back seasons of the past 20 years with a bad roster as well as an NCAA investigation hanging over the program and you want to make him uncomfortable?

Last night sucked but please. You sound like a stupid, entitled UGA or Bama fan.

Heupel didn't just get dumb and forget how to call offense overnight. He has a long track record of getting high level production from a variety of different QBs with different play styles. You have to assume that there is a method to the madness. That is why I hesitate to place too much blame on Heupel for the offensive play calls at least, seems to me he would be getting high level production if there was any way to do so, just like he's done everywhere else.

Joe is limited because he processes the game too slow before and after the snap. That’s compounded without Mays. Oline generally hasn’t come together so our offense is hamstrung. Not playing nearly as fast or effective. It was pretty much what I expected but I thought the defense would be much better. That’s the real disappointment.

Sunbelt Billy and staff out coached Heup and staff by a mile last night and it wasn't even close... FL's DC is a kid and out coached out DC... Once again we had more talent on our roster than they did. SMH

Something better change quickly, or SC is gonna roll into Neyland and whip our Arse... With another Joker as a HC and less talent on the roster.

We will suck no matter who the QB is. There are problems everywhere, and Nico won’t solve them. Might as well not get him killed.

Every ****ing year it seems like you people clamor for the shiny new freshman to solve all our problems. It’s always a trainwreck when it happens.

I agree we’re just not very good in several key areas. However, I don’t think most wanting to move on to Nico see him as the guy who can solve all our problems and suddenly make this team good. Think it’s more about Joe is what he is at this point which is a very average quarterback.

And honestly, Nico has a better chance of getting beat up on next season than he does this season. If you think this o line is bad, next season’s will likely be even worse unless we kill it in the portal.

Last edited:
BTW, on one of the major screw jobs by the refs last night, they showed the ref running by and kicking the ball so they had to stop, reset it, and then let FL substitute in their 4th and 1 package... Which they used to stop our momentum and stop us on 4th and 1 or 2...

Don't even tell me a referee at this stage of his career, officiating no telling how many games, is all of a sudden not gonna pay attention when trotting past the center and actually kick the ball... He knew exactly what he was doing... Giving FL time to adjust because we were about to convert a first down and be first and goal. "Oh, oh woopsy, I just ran by the ball at the line of scrimmage like I've done forever, but tonight I don't pay attention in a crucial moment and kick it".......... BS

The issue is that Joe Milton has one QB skill. And that’s arm strength. He has zero other qualities required to be a high end QB. They thought they could mold him and they just can’t.
i mean, at 6'5" 240, even with some running skills. he should be mauling dudes. Leaders dont run out of bounds.

I wish him nothing but success.

Need to get Mays on the field this week. Need to clean things up against UTSA and not let these bad performances compound. Need redemption against South Carolina and get out of September 4-1.

We got punched in the mouth. Our outcome depends on how we respond. Either we have a bunch of mentally weak quitters (like the fanbase is apparently made up of) or we have dudes that will get up and fight back the rest of the season. Simple as that.

last night sucked.
the team sucked.
the game plan sucked.
the coaches sucked.

looking at the schedule:
AP gave the team all they could handle.
UF pimp slapped from the get-go.
UTSA (although vols may win) it will be ugly.
SC is gonna come out swinging and i think this will be a loss
A&M will stomp the vols
Bama is beatable but not for vols
UK is uk vols might get lucky but im not placing bets.
uconn will roll over. vols get easy win
mizzou will be a battle. i dont see vols dropping 50
UGA will curb stomp vols.
vandy will vandy and vols should get a win but will be a tough game.

dont want to be a negavol- i try to be positive. but the same song and dance gets old. i bleed orange and i hate seeing my team get punked year after year.

Doug Matthews said he doesn’t say names on his show but #5 played poorly, so poorly as did #13. Then said secondary was horrendous and UT needs smart football players
Yup! Yet they keep playing the same ones every year. It took injuries to play our best DB in slaughter. Thomas and Turrentine deserve a shot. But they won’t.

Reactions: VolNash17
BTW, on one of the major screw jobs by the refs last night, they showed the ref running by and kicking the ball so they had to stop, reset it, and then let FL substitute in their 4th and 1 package... Which they used to stop our momentum and stop us on 4th and 1 or 2...

Don't even tell me a referee at this stage of his career, officiating no telling how many games, is all of a sudden not gonna pay attention when trotting past the center and actually kick the ball... He knew exactly what he was doing... Giving FL time to adjust because we were about to convert a first down and be first and goal. "Oh, oh woopsy, I just ran by the ball at the line of scrimmage like I've done forever, but tonight I don't pay attention in a crucial moment and kick it".......... BS
If the ref kicks it and it doesn’t roll a mile away, it shouldn’t need to be respotted.

Reactions: Rishvol

Naw… Heupel will get the job done. He’s made a mistake in Milton. Once he moves on, we will look different. We have plenty of great players. Biggest position is failing and makes it all look bad. We will be fone

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
last night sucked.
the team sucked.
the game plan sucked.
the coaches sucked.

looking at the schedule:
AP gave the team all they could handle.
UF pimp slapped from the get-go.
UTSA (although vols may win) it will be ugly.
SC is gonna come out swinging and i think this will be a loss
A&M will stomp the vols
Bama is beatable but not for vols
UK is uk vols might get lucky but im not placing bets.
uconn will roll over. vols get easy win
mizzou will be a battle. i dont see vols dropping 50
UGA will curb stomp vols.
vandy will vandy and vols should get a win but will be a tough game.

dont want to be a negavol- i try to be positive. but the same song and dance gets old. i bleed orange and i hate seeing my team get punked year after year.
Don’t want to be negative but yet here you are being negative as **** smh

If the ref kicks it and it doesn’t roll a mile away, it shouldn’t need to be respotted.

Pissed me off because they didn’t call it till Lane already got it, put it back down and had it set.

What the hell is the difference in the center putting it down, and the ref putting it down?? The center is going to move it and turn it sideways anyways?!?

They were like, “oh **** he already got it and had it set, well let’s slow them down so FL doesn’t get a penalty. Last night was one of those games where you can clearly tell the refs were paid off

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back