Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will suck no matter who the QB is. There are problems everywhere, and Nico won’t solve them. Might as well not get him killed.

Every ****ing year it seems like you people clamor for the shiny new freshman to solve all our problems. It’s always a trainwreck when it happens.

We just suck. Deal with it.
Suck is kind of harsh....I prefer not performing up to team standards!!!

Reactions: SoilVol
The worst two plays of the night were:

1.) Hadden’s “tackle attempt” on the long run
2.) Milton’s 35 yard floater to the middle of the field that ultimately gave Florida the ball in the red zone.

Those two plays combined with the referees poor performance was too much to overcome in that hostile of an environment. Those three things change and we have a real good shot to win that game.

I could have sold my soul for a shocking comeback win after the 100th crowd shot of the fans at the swamp last night.
I wonder if Heupel is gonna be a “lose a game every year he shouldn’t” kind of coach.
No but he will be lucky to win 8 games if he gives up on the run that easily. Teams are selling out because Joe cant stretch the field. So frustrsting.

Okay posters saying OL is horrible which may have some legs to it...THEN others saying put Nico in ...so add together put Nico behind a horrible OL 🤔 that makes about as much sense as putting a blind man to work a school crossing....
Nico will run. Joe won’t. So when he runs it mitigates the OL problems. Nothing hard to understand why some posters want to see that. I mean we didn’t pay him 8 mil to hold a clipboard while the offense is clearly struggling.

Nico will run. Joe won’t. So when he runs it mitigates the OL problems. Nothing hard to understand why some posters want to see that. I mean we didn’t pay him 8 mil to hold a clipboard while the offense is clearly struggling.
He still has a high school body. He won’t last long running around.

Reactions: VolByLaw
One thing I decided last night was that the only thing more of a time waster than creating a million recruit threads, is listening to VQ and other podcasts.

How many times did we hear how Joe and the receivers shined all offseason. A ball didn’t hit the ground. Donte literally drew Randy Moss comparisons. Yet come game days we look inept and unorganized.

That’s just one example. But be it about recruits and where we stand, to hyping up players etc…. Those guys are clueless.

One thing I decided last night was that the only thing more of a time waster than creating a million recruit threads, is listening to VQ and other podcasts.

How many times did we hear how Joe and the receivers shined all offseason. A ball didn’t hit the ground. Donte literally drew Randy Moss comparisons. Yet come game days we look inept and unorganized.

That’s just one example. But be it about recruits and where we stand, to hyping up players etc…. Those guys are clueless.
They see 6 minutes of a 4 hour practice.

I actually believe it, playing against our secondary.

My biggest gripe for last night was the extremely soft defenseive scheme and play during the first half. Poor execution in tackling, and they didn't send pressure. Hell, we didn't even send a back in motion on the jet sweeps, why?!?
Defense def got better second half, but still some missed assignments and poor execution.
I thinks it's obvious Heupel doesn't trust the oline or Milton to call games the way he did last year under Hooker. He is getting the ball out quick, and not giving Milton the chance to make decisions, poor oline play will do that.

I stopped listening to what VQ had to say about the team a few years ago. They usually overhype us

Reactions: Jack Burton
I understand that but be very careful of what you wish for....the outcome isn't always what you think it would be...just saying...

Naw… Heupel will get the job done. He’s made a mistake in Milton. Once he moves on, we will look different. We have plenty of great players. Biggest position is failing and makes it all look bad. We will be fone
Definitely needs to move on quicker than I originally thought. Needs to move on from some of our DB’s and OL too.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
I think I’m most disappointed because the game is confirmation that we still aren’t “back” or really that close to it. Such a long way to go yet. Last year was great but man last night leaves a bad taste. Coaches and players come and go but some things stay the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back