Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest gripe for last night was the extremely soft defenseive scheme and play during the first half. Poor execution in tackling, and they didn't send pressure. Hell, we didn't even send a back in motion on the jet sweeps, why?!?
Defense def got better second half, but still some missed assignments and poor execution.
I thinks it's obvious Heupel doesn't trust the oline or Milton to call games the way he did last year under Hooker. He is getting the ball out quick, and not giving Milton the chance to make decisions, poor oline play will do that.
1 sack no pressure defense played sft and got beat. I would rather go down flying than sitting. Very disappointed in demeanor. Playing scared to get beat looks bad

How in the hell does Heupel not say something about how bad the dbs are

And if this is the best we have then the db coaches need to be fired for being terrible recruiters

While we are putting stuff out there, I'm somewhat concerned at the pattern that seems to be developing where we completely piss down our leg in especially hostile road environments.
ok, let's just get back to practice field. staff needs to bring in some more dline men in this cycle, and hit the portal. really need upgrades there. We will get pushed around.

Reactions: knoxvol52
You guys sound like such losers. This board has been whining about flags for over a week now. Even against Austin effing Peay. Grow up and expect our guys to control what they can control.
I typically think this way w calls. I watch a lot of football and I have never seen a ref kick a ball on 4 and 1 and allow the other team to situationally substitute. That was a first for me. The blindside block call also was terrible. And a very crucial point in the game. Just those 2 had a huge impact. Our own dumbness jumping when they clearly weren’t going for it. Also impactful. But those 2 plays by the refs were very difficult to overcome

While we are putting stuff out there, I'm somewhat concerned at the pattern that seems to be developing where we completely piss down our leg in especially hostile road environments.
playing scared to lose. Is not any aggressiveness at at all on either side of the ball. Granted last week was awful to watch but this team is so energetic at home and so lethargic on the road. It is like 2 different spectrums of football

Colorado is still going to lose 3-4 games. They aren’t no great team. They could easily be 1-2 right now. Deion won’t be coaching once his son moves on, especially with the health problems. He is a good coach but folks acting like he is some great coach based on 3 games really have the cart in front of the horse but ESPN and the media will promote him to the hilt until it crashes. His son is a good player, but he is taking a bunch of hits already and they aren’t even playing the tough teams yet. GBO

Advantages for playing Nico:

Higher ceiling than Joe
Getting a head start on next year

Negatives

Lower floor, maybe worse record
Possible injury
Team chemistry issues

What am I missing?
Gotta hope Joe can right the ship. He won Clemson and Candy games after Hendo went down. It if he struggles in first half vs UTSA, but you don't want to risk ruining Nico...maybe run Gaston out there vs UTSA. I mean look at Stetson Bennett...he just kept beating out 5 stars.

You guys sound like such losers. This board has been whining about flags for over a week now. Even against Austin effing Peay. Grow up and expect our guys to control what they can control.
I dont think its a binary option tbh, I don't think there is anything wrong with calling out bad, game influencing calls. I also think that you have to play through adversity and like you said, control what you can control. We definitely failed to do that. It is what it is.

When it became “F it, just chuck it” the offense showed what it can be with Milton. Believe he found his guy with McCoy. Outside of his crazy int and not seeing the play clock, he was the least worry on offense.

The OL is a complete disaster and I’m not sure why Sampson isn’t above Small on the depth chart.

Last edited:
Colorado is still going to lose 3-4 games. They aren’t no great team. They could easily be 1-2 right now. Deion won’t be coaching once his son moves on, especially with the health problems. He is a good coach but folks acting like he is some great coach based on 3 games really have the cart in front of the horse but ESPN and the media will promote him to the hilt until it crashes. His son is a good player, but he is taking a bunch of hits already and they aren’t even playing the tough teams yet. GBO
They will get drug by Ducks, Oregon St. Washington, USC, possibly UCLA as well. Colorado State is very bad.

What we’ve learned is always true. When Tennessee is good at anything…the media and social media treat us like we are new money. People look down at the success and think it’s classless and gimmicky. See baseball and last year football.
What’s certain is at the slightest misstep, they pile on. We are classless, terrible coaching, Huepel is a disgrace for the end of the game, etc. There is obvious hatred and disrespect coming at a national level year after year.

Prime time comes in as a media darling for absolutely nuking his roster and running his mouth. Luckily for him he’s pulled an upset and beat 2 terrible teams.

We need to get our act together. Nobody is coming to help us. Nobody wants us to find our way. Huepel needs to get this offense running the way it should be and the coaching side of defense needs a complete overhaul. They need to absolutely gut our secondary roster and get all the defense portal players they can. We cannot afford to lose the momentum we built last year.

Reactions: ugg
I wonder if Heupel is gonna be a Malzahn like coach here. Mostly a 7-5/8-4 guy with a few big seasons mixed in. And the ability to beat Bama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back