Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it became “F it, just chuck it” the offense showed it can be with Milton. Believe he found his guy with McCoy. Outside of his crazy int and not seeing the play clock, he was the least worry on offense.

The OL is a complete disaster and I’m not sure why Sampson isn’t above Small on the depth chart.

Someone who saw what I saw. Milton isn’t what everyone hoped but that OL last night…….yikes.

Also the defense was a huge disappointment. Thought we’d be able to contain the run.

Terrible take. CJH put together two of the best back to back seasons of the past 20 years with a bad roster as well as an NCAA investigation hanging over the program and you want to make him uncomfortable?

Last night sucked but please. You sound like a stupid, entitled UGA or Bama fan.
The lack of discipline and mistakes have been there since Heupels first year.
Failed hires on the defensive side of the ball who were given extensions early are on him.
Too many bad takes on the offensive line.
His second loss to inferior teams.
The offenses inability to be run on the road (UGA, USC, UF)
Yeah last year mightve been fun, but there are a ton of red flags around Heupel.

Gotta hope Joe can right the ship. He won Clemson and Candy games after Hendo went down. It if he struggles in first half vs UTSA, but you don't want to risk ruining Nico...maybe run Gaston out there vs UTSA. I mean look at Stetson Bennett...he just kept beating out 5 stars.
We won’t ruin Nico. We will get him some actual game experience.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
How in the hell does Heupel not say something about how bad the dbs are

And if this is the best we have then the db coaches need to be fired for being terrible recruiters
Well if you want the players to really quit on you start calling them out ...🤨🤨

“We have to make some changes.”

That’s what Heupel said on the radio postgame show.

Josh Heupel’s esteemed expertise is on the offensive side of the football.

His offense was out of sync in much of the Virginia game and he said as much in the aftermath. In the Austin Peay game his offense was sort of embarrassing really, against a weak FCS team that had been blown out by another FCS team the prior week. For maybe a myriad of reasons in the swamp the offense again struggled to put points on the board.

Last week I said we had to let things play out. Well, here we are. They’ve played out.

The only reason why Florida didn’t score more is they went ultra conservative after stomping UT’s defense in the first half. Afterwards it was run up the middle repeatedly and punt. Great adjustment by Tim banks! Not !
Yea Florida offense seemed a little Georgia like from the 2nd half last season...

His offense was out of sync in much of the Virginia game and he said as much in the aftermath. In the Austin Peay game his offense was sort of embarrassing really, against a weak FCS team that had been blown out by another FCS team the prior week. For maybe a myriad of reasons in the swamp the offense again struggled to put points on the board.

Last week I said we had to let things play out. Well, here we are. They’ve played out.

I don’t think we’re allowed to portal in more OL right now

Yea Florida offense seemed a little Georgia like from the 2nd half last season...
They went ultra clock mode. Run run run chew clock. Then suddenly UT gets stops due to it. Fans get excited thinking great adjustments were made when the only adjustment was from the opposing HC/coordinator taking the air out of the ball

That’s a good explanation haha. I didn’t catch that part of the game.
Yeah I had to do a double take when I heard it, because in this day and age I’m sure that’d be a “racist dog whistle” if a white dude said it, luckily both commentators were also black lol

At least he keeps saying it. We’ll see what happens with it. Fans shouldn’t turn on him yet. Need at least 2024 season with a roster capable of winning consistently at a high level then afterwards people can make their minds up. Position coaches though? Absolutely.

Please elaborate with examples. Can’t wait to see how wrong you are lol he overthrew 1 go route. Bru TD, squirrel down sideline are just 2 examples for my side. Sorry bout it
to be the team that we want to be…… we have to score TDs on a high % of our drives…. you can’t play fast and be as inconsistent as Joe is….. He isn’t it….. Sucks bc he deserves to be the man.

Said it for the longest time but Milton is JG.

Same “strong” arm that can throw it the whole length of the football field

Same guy that looks amazing in practice

Same QB since his HS days, a career 58% completion guy. Thanks to the kid for being a Vol, but it’s time to move on.

Same thing with Martinez bro, dude plays upperclassmen, all of our upperclassmen guys in the secondary are trash. I want Martinez gone. Banks can stay for now but he needs to fix his **** quick
Idk how you can say Martinez gone but banks can stay. The coaching by Martinez can't even be truly judged when Banks calls soft zone with minimal rush on 3rd and long every single time. That's on Banks. When it comes to good opponents, Banks ***** the bed and calls scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back