Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s no reason to even be talking about “is Heupel the guy”

Bama is in the same boat as us. No QB. Definitely coaches job to find one, but Heupel took a chance on Milton just like Saban did with Milroe.

Imagine if we or Bama had someone like Hartman starting at QB, lordddddd

Bama would’ve beaten Texas by 21+ and we prob would’ve blown FL out of the water

Idk how you can say Martinez gone but banks can stay. The coaching by Martinez can't even be truly judged when Banks calls soft zone with minimal rush on 3rd and long every single time. That's on Banks. When it comes to good opponents, Banks ***** the bed and calls scared.

The “let’s not turn our head toward the ball” is what I want gone. I didn’t want Martinez when they first got here but noooooooo all these posters were like “Martinez ain’t bad”

I didn’t hear Huepel say I have to do a better job like last year. Makes me think is starting to question a few coaches and player leadership on this team…how many times did he say get off the field on third down?

Reactions: KptVFL and drvenner
The “let’s not turn our head toward the ball” is what I want gone. I didn’t want Martinez when they first got here but noooooooo all these posters were like “Martinez ain’t bad”
GA fans laughed when we picked him up and said your guys will never know where the ball is…it’s known across the conference.

Several players were suspended for violation of team rules. UT generally doesn't announce it, and injuries are often undisclosed, as well. Sometimes they'll say a player is "unavailable"-- but they prefer to say nothing at all.
Kinda plays into the theory of something not being right internally with this team

You know would I like to see Deion at Tennessee probably not ....but he is pure entertainment and says what he feels no sugar coating from him... but definitely not a fit in the Tennessee laid back environment...

I think it’s a fascinating watch.

QB Sanders is pretty damn good.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I was told all offseason how great of a developer Elarbee was on the OL, yet they have struggled this year, last night especially. Elarbee aint it, our recruiting has been mid on the OL for 3 years now and we are seeing the result of it now

Reactions: Govolsman98
Ima ride with Joe, as long as CJH does. The rest of you all who think you know something, I pretty much guarantee you don't know as much as you think you do. I am extremely disappointed and pissed about last night. I believe we bounce back big time.
I get the sense that you’re not gonna have to ride with him for much longer. And I hate it, because Joe is everything you would want in a quarterback, except for the quarterback part.

I was told all offseason how great of a developer Elarbee was on the OL, yet they have struggled this year, last night especially. Elarbee aint it, our recruiting has been mid on the OL for 3 years now and we are seeing the result of it now

OL was awesome last year. Let it play out. They prob look way better with Cooper but as anyone should expect for a staff going into Y3, we don’t have much developed depth there yet.

OL was awesome last year. Let it play out. They prob look way better with Cooper but as anyone should expect for a staff going into Y3, we don’t have much developed depth there yet.
Be way better when Mincey and Cooper are back.

It was awesome because we had DW and Carvin, both of which have been starting since 2019, outside of them the ol was really not that great last year either

I'll wait till Cooper is back to reserve true judgement on the OL. An experienced, quality Center completely changes an O-line in every way.

Reactions: KptVFL
They went ultra clock mode. Run run run chew clock. Then suddenly UT gets stops due to it. Fans get excited thinking great adjustments were made when the only adjustment was from the opposing HC/coordinator taking the air out of the ball
Theres also the fact that Mertz left hand was taped up and he had a huge gash on his throwing hand.

Reactions: VolNash17
Still can believe the misuse of the TOs the entire game......how in the hell do you come on the field after a kick off, almost get a delay of game, and have to burn a TO.....2 TOs on the 1st drive of the 2nd half....I get the new clock rules suck, but being down 2-3 scores means those TOs are twice as valuable. Joe has to understand that. He tried to change a play last night with 3 seconds on the play clock. He ain't got it. If Mays is back next week, I'd start Nico and build fot the future.

We looked like a Dooley, Butch, thumb head coached team last night.

There's no point in turning on CJH. None whatsoever. This team has limitations. Some of the older players have ceilings, and they've hit them. We're serviceable at best at certain positions. When workarounds aren't working, things break down. I wouldn't pin hope on one player being the fix. They have to work together and hold it together when things aren't going their way. What happened last night will happen again. UT is a team SEC teams want to beat. We'll get every SEC team's best effort. We have tough road games ahead, and SEC home games won't be a cakewalk, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back