Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
He kind of alluded last night that there's a coach that nobody is really talking about with no prior connections to Bama who may be extremely in the mix.

He wouldn't say who. I cant help but wonder if its Deion. Most of yall act like he sucks. But im not so sure thats the general consensus among people that make these decisions. He would absolutely keep and add elite talent to that roster. Would bring star players with him. I'm kinda surprised he's not getting more buzz.

But would Bama be willing to offer him Saban-like control? Because i bet he would demand it.
0%

Reactions: screenthis
Everyone on Bama boards/media acting like the only target all along has been DeBoer because it's impossible that Lanning/Sark/Norvell would ever say no. Gonna be an absolute blast when Washington announces an extension lol. Rees/Locksley gonna be mentioned and it'll go nuclear.

I’m not sure why you would want that job after Saban basically said on TV yesterday that he plans to stay around the program and help out. It’s going to be extremely tough for any coach to just do his own job. He’ll be constantly asked to run things by Saban or Saban will interject when he thinks something needs to be changed.

Sounds like a nightmare.

Here is the thing about DeBoer.

In his 18 years since 1st becoming a HC he's had 7 different jobs. Average time in a job 2.5 years. Now some of that includes promotions at schools he coached at, but conclusion is he's a climber.

The question is does a career climber want to jump in the 🐐's throne?

Everyone on Bama boards/media acting like the only target all along has been DeBoer because it's impossible that Lanning/Sark/Norvell would ever say no. Gonna be an absolute blast when Washington announces an extension lol. Rees/Locksley gonna be mentioned and it'll go nuclear.
Boy do I remember this feeling. Why would 'all those coaches' reject us? It's Bama's turn.

He kind of alluded last night that there's a coach that nobody is really talking about with no prior connections to Bama who may be extremely in the mix.

He wouldn't say who. I cant help but wonder if its Deion. Most of yall act like he sucks. But im not so sure thats the general consensus among people that make these decisions. He would absolutely keep and add elite talent to that roster. Would bring star players with him. I'm kinda surprised he's not getting more buzz.

But would Bama be willing to offer him Saban-like control? Because i bet he would demand it.
Deion would take it in a heartbeat.
Deion would be run out of town when Bama went 2-10.

But can the Huskies really pay 11ish?
Huskies can pay well, but that’s besides the point. Bama isn’t paying any of the currently mentioned guys 11.

Even if Bama gets one of their top guys, the new coach isn’t going to have control over the money/power brokers in Tuscaloosa like Saban had. That was probably the “best” thing about him as a coach, everyone in that wretched town was pulling in the same direction at his direction.

With the new coach, after a loss or two, they will turn on him and start the tailspin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back