Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not won a single playoff game in 6 yrs….. the three yrs that we made it was embarrassing…. giving up 45,42,48 points although we did make a run to make it close in the Jacksonville game…… Absolutely horrible job building a staff…. Matt Canada and Pat Meyer being two of the most prominent screw ups….. Players love him and he is great at motivating the team… The game seems to have passed him by some…. If he stays…. i hope he can make the changes necessary to get us back to being one of the elite teams.
Nobody wins without a QB. Belichik, Payton, Carroll, even Andy Reid. In today’s game you gotta have someone who can do something under center. Steelers haven’t had that in 5-6 years. Not Tomlin’s fault.

This rest of the CFB world watching coach after coach turn down the bammer job and get raises at their current gigs. (or at least all of VN... lol)
Flounder Oh Boy GIF - Flounder Oh Boy Is This Great - Discover & Share GIFs

Nobody wins without a QB. Belichik, Payton, Carroll, even Andy Reid. In today’s game you gotta have someone who can do something under center. Steelers haven’t had that in 5-6 years. Not Tomlin’s fault.
A lot of the offenses fault( especially during Ben’s last couple of years) is bc of his atrocious hires…. If we would surround himself with great assistants then i would feel different…. His hires have been beyond comical….. Can’t even justify most of them… Matt Canada was the number one cause of our poor qb play…. It improved immensely when we fired Canada even having to use their trash playbook… The Pat Mayer hire was another horrible one…. The guy had been a failure every where he had been. He never had an offensive line rated above the mid 20’s in the NFL. It seems like he goes out of his way to hire the least qualified guys possible.

He kind of alluded last night that there's a coach that nobody is really talking about with no prior connections to Bama who may be extremely in the mix.

He wouldn't say who. I cant help but wonder if its Deion. Most of yall act like he sucks. But im not so sure thats the general consensus among people that make these decisions. He would absolutely keep and add elite talent to that roster. Would bring star players with him. I'm kinda surprised he's not getting more buzz.

But would Bama be willing to offer him Saban-like control? Because i bet he would demand it.
Would leverage the Aflac commercial connection 🤪🤪🤪

Everyone on Bama boards/media acting like the only target all along has been DeBoer because it's impossible that Lanning/Sark/Norvell would ever say no. Gonna be an absolute blast when Washington announces an extension lol. Rees/Locksley gonna be mentioned and it'll go nuclear.
If that happens my moneys on bama offering saban an annually renewable $15 million contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back