Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the hell do you interpret anything in that story as "Sounding done"? Don't get me wrong. He may very well up as Alabama's new head coach, and I genuinely hope that he does. He would be in WAY over his head. However, nothing in that article points to it being a done deal.
I just watch clues around the situation.

Who has turned down the job followed by a raise?

Everyone except DeBoer.

Who missed a radio interview and has said nothing? DeBoer.

Pate a Bama insider is talking Deboer up

Kubelic an SEC insider is saying no reason for panic

Washington will have to nearly triple their current salary to match the likely number Bama is offering. They ain't that guy. They might step up and surprise us all, but this is a whole other level of ball.

Reactions: berryvol

Everyone except DeBoer.

Washington will have to nearly triple their current salary to match the likely number Bama is offering. They ain't that guy. They might step up and surprise us all, but this is a whole other level of ball.
You’ll be that guy to please your fanbase if you just made it to the CFP Final.

Reactions: berryvol and DD4ME

Everyone except DeBoer.

...and absolutely none of that was in the article that you posted when you said "Sounding done".

Yeah sounds like he's got an offer and is mulling it over.

Oregon did everything needed to keep Lanning. Will Washington do the same? They really have similar choices to make here. That Washington job is a pretty good one that only gets better in the Big 10. He seems like a better fit there in my mind.

Here for it either way this goes
Lanning had Nike stock options or something stupid. Washington does not have Phil Knight.

Seems like you want this.
Haha hell no, my last choice to face tbh. Not scared, but hoped they'd slip past this dude.

I just like data and puzzles. I think this is the guy despite what i want. Nothing would make me happier for them to land on Rees.

The Dolphins-Chiefs game is on pace tomorrow to be the 3rd lowest windchills ever for an NFL game with game time windchills forecasted below -30.

Borderline insane, IMO.
That's great news for the Chiefs. The Dolphins aren't a cold weather or high-wind team.

Weed does in fact rule

I think the non SEC and "big name" schools that are in states where it's legal benefit from it in recruiting. I think Deion took the job at Colorado with that in mind too.

A few other states that recruit better than their results/pedigree because of it...

Maryland
Missouri
Arizona

Reactions: hooter vol
You've got the Stanley Morgan stuff, don't you? Represent.
The Boston Celtics and Red Sox were the 1st pro teams I loved. Then I started follow the Bruins when the Knoxville Hockey Cherokees was formed. Boston has my favorite teams. The Patriots were my dad's favorite when I was growing up so I always pulled for them in the AFC. That was up until spygate, deflated footballs, and the Brady > Manning narrative. I've got some old logo items somewhere but I don't have a Stanley Morgan jersey.

*The old Partiot uniforms are cool. I also wish Tampa Bay would wear their old orange/white unis.

**FTR.....Green Bay is my favorite overall NFL team. (I do have a #91 Justin Harrell Packers jersey.)

Bama is going to over pay for DeBoer and in 3 years when it isn’t working they will find out just how far they have fallen.
I could be wrong, but I believe DeBoer will leverage a raise out of Washington. I see Alabama settling for someone along the lines of Lance Leipold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back