Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does sound more and more like DeBoer. Obviously he’s been successful everywhere so far, but still a lot of unknown about building a lasting program in the south.

Reminds me a lot of the Heupel hire. Offensive mind, successful coach at a lesser program, but can he recruit the south. I think they’re both from SD too.

Reactions: volsfan_17
No clue if DeBoer will be a bust or not, but he will be less than Saban either way and that could be enough to get him fired in 3 years regardless.

that 12 wins a year average Saban had won't be met by DeBoer or likely any of his replacements, not with us on the rise Kirby at Georgia and Texas/OU in the conference now.

No clue if DeBoer will be a bust or not, but he will be less than Saban either way and that could be enough to get him fired in 3 years regardless.

that 12 wins a year average Saban had won't be met by DeBoer or likely any of his replacements, not with us on the rise Kirby at Georgia and Texas/OU in the conference now.
Didn’t you know he is a Nick Saban reincarnated?

Bama is going to over pay for DeBoer and in 3 years when it isn’t working they will find out just how far they have fallen.
This is it. They have enough talent on the team to do well with any half decent coach. This is about decay, meddling, and change that will tear them down long term. This is a monster change for both Deboer and Bama. I hope he fails, but it will not likely be immediate.

I heard the rumor and saw some people that said it’s not true…. I don’t really know how i feel about Tomlin as Head Coach.
I'm a Titans fan. I hate the Steelers.

But how do you not like a .633 winning percentage, 3rd longest streak of non-losing seasons in NFL history, 7 division titles, 11 playoff appearances, 3 AFC Championship appearances, 2 Super Bowl appearances, and a Super Bowl. In 17 seasons?

Why is Tomlin still having to prove himself lol?

This is it. They have enough talent on the team to do well with any half decent coach. This is about decay, meddling, and change that will tear them down long term. This is a monster change for both Deboer and Bama. I hope he fails, but it will not likely be immediate.
Will be interesting to see how many players jump ship.

If Alabama were able to get him, who would be the closest coach to the talents of Saban? Urban Mayer? Jim Harbaugh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back