Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same roster + Penix and I think Deboer would have torched Michigan...especially without the zebra bias cause Bama.

I think he's a good coach, but he won't recruit like Saban and he won't win as much when the roster is fully turned over. The question to me is will he win enough to stay there and keep them in the mix...
Nobody will recruit as well as Saban at this point. Players just went to Bama because of Saban..

Guy has never been in the sec. Left coast guy. Cal St Fresno HC 2 years ago. Rode the coattails of Washington's best coach they've ever had.....Harsin/Butch 2.0.
Chris Petersen’s last year was 2019, Deboer didn’t take over til 2022. Team record was 4-8 in 2021 which got the previous coach fired. First year he came in and led them to an 11-2 record and made the Title game in his second year. I didn’t know much about him either since he has spent most of his career out west, but he has won everywhere he’s been. I’m hoping that Washington pays him enough to stay so that bama has to take a shot on a Butch Jones type.

Chris Petersen’s last year was 2019, Deboer didn’t take over til 2022. Team record was 4-8 in 2021 which got the previous coach fired. First year he came in and led them to an 11-2 record and made the Title game in his second year. I didn’t know much about him either since he has spent most of his career out west, but he has won everywhere he’s been. I’m hoping that Washington pays him enough to stay so that bama has to take a shot on a Butch Jones type.
Had to Google his past. Not scared of this guy one bit. Bama isn't beating us in Knoxville this season with Saban. They won't get close now. Massive downgrade

DeBoer is a great coach. You don't have the success he's had at every level he's been if you aren't a great coach.

But I don't know the longevity at Bama. He recruited Penix to Indiana then got him back when he went to Washington. Next year was going to be a big drop off for Washington and he knew it.
His agent told him you got 2 choices get paid and look bad at Washington, or get paid more and look ok at Bama. Only one of those doesn't permanently deflate his future earnings. The guy had never been loyal either.

Reactions: SoilVol
I may be wrong, but I think Jim doesn't do anything until the Ravens playoff season is complete.

He can wait to see what happens as most the NFL jobs will be waiting to interview candidates that are still with teams still playing.

Patriots were hiring Mayo and that's why they moved as quickly as they did.
What? Why would Jim wait for the Ravens playoff season to be completed? He isn't going to be an assistant for his brother, and he isn't going to replace his brother. The Ravens are totally irrelevant.

Who is this straw man you keep referencing?

I’ve seen people say he’s a good coach—which he is—but I’ve seen even more that agree he seems an odd fit at Alabama and that the fanbase will turn on him in a hurry.
Im not arguing with anybody I am simply laughing as a response there is a difference…

View attachment 609605
He'd be better off accepting the $8.4+ per year to stay at Washington. He'll be fired within 4 years at Alabama.
Based off of this past year he is probably good at Washington for 6 more years. That's $48M. At Bama if you only win 10 games they are getting torches out, be careful what you wish for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back