Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. He’s 100% better. Crawford is awful. Slaughter also didn’t play
Slaughter would have been a huge upgrade from Hadden. I don’t know why Heupel keeps key players out of big games for things nobody even knows about. Like if it’s true some players went to the strip club with Kamara last week just make them pay for it in practice.

Gasten Moore will play before Nico ....Pat MaHomes sat behind Alex Smith for what 1 or 2 seasons...how did MaHomes turn out...no need to rush things if a season is sacrificed to keep Nico from getting killed oh well...
Sat behind him for one. More mental than physical.

We still do. We was in the backfield a lot but kept reading the wrong gap or zone. UTSA will be the factor on how the season goes. If we come out flat then it’ll be a long year but if the players respond well and come out with the fire I know they have it’ll put the rest of our foes on notice.
Meh. Most of the time when Mertz was pressured it was because he had nobody open yet and was out of the pocket. We didn’t do a good job of getting to Mertz early in the game. Hitting the right gaps when the team is running is part of being good, I don’t think our run defense is awful, it was solid outside of that one long run

Maybe. Or if it’s a night game at Neyland, Rattler may melt.

SC looks like best team Outside of GA and LSU. They were limited a bit against GA (everyone is) but you could see a toughness to them. A toughness we don’t have. They won’t implode like we did last night. Watch and see.

Throught the years, ive looked at prices when other teams are good vs TN. Unless it a premium matchup, prices are generally reasonable.
I remember seeing on twitter a couple years ago AM and Bama in Tuscaloosa with both being ranked in the top 25 were going for less than what TN games were in an unranked matchup. Supply/demand/greed...... Also the school moving all ticket sales to ticketmaster doesnt help anything with their insane fees.
Cheap tickets aren’t happening
You have better luck finding cheap fuel

SC looks like best team Outside of GA and LSU. They were limited a bit against GA (everyone is) but you could see a toughness to them. A toughness we don’t have. They won’t implode like we did last night. Watch and see.

Bc how a team plays in 1 game means that’s how they’ll play in all games?

You talking about the same tough USCe team that gave up 9 sacks vs UNC?

Reactions: KptVFL
Yea the floater was bad… but he had white open for a likely TD. More blame goes on Crawford for whiffing on the block imo. Milton has to sense the pressure better
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure White was double covered. It wasn't being completed.

Our only insider seems to think there will be many more performances like that this year
Most guys on this forum have watched a lot of football. If last night is our 2023 reality, would you not agree this season does not great? Don't have to be an insider to recognize this. I trust your assessment as well. We've seen two straight games that were garbage. I think we all know, unfortunately. Will they improve? I hope so, but I'm not expecting a dramatic improvement from our upperclassmen. Hoping the young guys get more action and develop quickly. Unfortunately, young guys=vanilla gameplan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back