Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I’m a Bonds fan, and I think it’s a long shot he breaks the record without juice.

But all of his accomplishments aren’t tainted. His career totals are tainted. You have to close the book on him after ‘98.

But he’s a HOF if you close him out after ‘98 -
2000 H, 400 2B, 400 HR, 400 SB, 1300 R, 1200 RBI, and a 164 OPS+

The crazy thing is if he doesn’t juice he probably finishes with -
3000 H, 600 2B, 600 HR, 600 SB

He was a unique talent.

And a 3x MVP, 8x Gold Glove, and 9 Win player - without the juice.
All good points. Which makes him going to the juice even more puzzling.

There is literally no way he would have gotten near the record without drugs.
I think he was good enough to be a HoFer without steroids. No idea what records he may or may not have broken. Steroids definitely gave him more power. Steroids did not make it easier to actually hit the ball. I think it's a shame he flushed away what would have been a HoF career to hit the long ball and have one head grow a few sizes while the other probably shrunk a few sizes.

I was the summer Recreation Director at Fall Creek Falls my senior year at UT (internship). That’s where I met Mr Smokin (we called him Boatdock ’cause he ran the boat dock for the summer 😁). I loved my summer there - so beautiful, so many memories and lifetime friends made there.
Hi @chargervol!!!! Hope you and the kids are doing well! Please let us know. You’re VolNation family misses you.

1705642529184.png

CFB would be so much more exciting right now if UGA wasn't at the level they're at. At least we don't play them annually anymore.
Y’all acting like they won a championship this year.
If I recall correctly, they weren’t even in the playoffs

I think he was good enough to be a HoFer without steroids. No idea what records he may or may not have broken. Steroids definitely gave him more power. Steroids did not make it easier to actually hit the ball. I think it's a shame he flushed away what would have been a HoF career to hit the long ball and have one head grow a few sizes while the other probably shrunk a few sizes.
Oh yeah...no doubt he was a sure-fire first ballot HOF...a true legend of the game without them...but IMO his ego could not take seeing players that he considered vastly below his talents getting all that attention...I think in his mind he thought "everybody else is doing this and making me look like nothing, so why shouldn't I?"

I don't hate those guys like most people do...the records are tarnished for sure, but it was seemingly encouraged b6 the powers that be.

If people want to be disgusted and hold somebody accountable, they should be disgusted by the scumbags that actually created the situation where players felt like they needed to do performance enhancing drugs just to keep up and that it was ok.

I just wish it had never happened.

I want to take a few minutes here to say how much I appreciate Josh Heupel and Danny White...I was just thinking of Crappabamas putrid fanbase carrying on about all the players portaling...and it made me remember exactly how I felt when the Pruitt fiasco happened...

I was completely done as a fan...I would always love the Vols, but I was finally convinced the LWS was right..I had argued with him zealously for years throughout the 2010s that we were STILL a great program, that all we needed was the right school leadership and the right Head Coach, and he always said we were done as a great program...relegated to mediocrity forever.

I thought that Dooley could at least stabilize it after Kiffin nuked us, but he just drove it deeper into the abyss...😒

I thought Butch had IT...I got excited thinking THIS is the ONE..he brought so much talent onto the field, and you could alllmmmooossst feel us turning it around...only to see the bright promise of 2016 turn into a nightmare ending with that horrifying loss to Vanderbilt..FREAKING Vanderbilt!..and so we had to watch him drive us even DEEPER in the abyss...the first 8 loss team in Tennessee history..😒

And then the totally horrifying and embarrassing clown show of a coaching search...the SchiaNO uprising..Fulmer coming in at the last minute to try and save the ship, and making what looked like a promising hire..only to finally reach the bottom of the abyss...the absolute bottom, a place where light can never reach with the weight of the world holding us down forever..after Pruitt's stupid moron ass absolutely destroyed what was left of my hope...I was finally convinced...LWS was right, we were done...😖

I heard something a guy wrote describing the California town out in the middle of the mojave desert named Siberia that perfectly described how I felt at that point, it goes like this...

"The land where the gaunt vulture of despair flaps his huge wings, and hope sinks into oblivion. Where once vivid memories seem vague..and daydreams die" 😢

But then something unbelievable and awesome happened..it seems miraculous to me that it was even possible at that point...we got finally had some real good leadership in the administration, though few of us knew it at the time, and that leadership made a fantastic hire of an AD, though few of us knew HOW good...and he hired a coach he believed in...a guy none of us really wanted...and THAT guy took a battered skeleton crew of a roster and made some promising progress his first season, and I thought.."hey maybe this guy can at least make us a little respectable again in a few years if we just give him some time"...BUT...then the unthinkable happened...he took a team of portal rejects, nobodies and guys that had never lived up to their promise..and made them a freaking National Championship contender in his 2nd year..🤯

I will never understand you toxic SOBs that bitch, piss and moan over every little thing..criticize criticize criticize criticize...it is sickening and infuriating after what we have been through. How in the hell can you not see how GREAT this is?

I have hope now...I know we have the chance to be a top program again, not just for a year, but year after year after year after year..IF..we will just have patience.

I never post long winded crap like this, and I know people thing I am "negative" because I try to rein in over the top expectations that lead to toxic frustration which is corrosive as acid to a program, but I am positive that we WILL get there if everybody would just have some freaking patience for once in our freaking lives....

Josh Heupel has ALREADY shown us what he can do...he doesn't have to prove anything to me...I believe we will be a winner as long as he is here...I don't know if we ever win a championship..we've only won 1-2 in my lifetime...but I KNOW we won't be at the bottom of the abyss anymore..and that is awesome.

Have a good one boys...happy days are here again! 😊

Last edited:
I want to take a few minutes here to say how much I appreciate Josh Heupel and Danny White...I was just thinking of Crappabamas putrid fanbase carrying on about all the players portaling...and it made me remember exactly how I felt when the Pruitt fiasco happened...

I was completely done as a fan...I would always love the Vols, but I was finally convinced the LWS was right..I had argued with him zealously for years throughout the 2010s that we were STILL a great program, that all we needed was the right school leadership and the right Head Coach, and he always said we were done as a great program...relegated to the mediocre forever.

I thought that Dooley could at least stabilize it after Kiffin nuked us, but he just drove it deeper into the abyss...😒

I thought Butch had IT...I got excited thinking THIS is the ONE..he brought so much talent onto the field, and you could alllmmmooossst feel us turning it around...only to see the bright promise of 2016 turn into a nightmare ending with that horrifying loss to Vanderbilt..FREAKING Vanderbilt!..and so we had to watch him drive us even DEEPER in the abyss...the first 8 loss team in Tennessee history..😒

And then the total horrifying embarrassing clown show of a coaching search...the SchiaNO uprising..Fulmer coming in at the last minute to try and save the ship, and making what looked like a promising hire..only to reach the bottom of the abyss...the absolute bottom, a place where light can never reach with the weight of the world holding us down forever..after Pruitt's stupid moron ass absolutely destroyed what was left of my hope...I was finally convinced...LWS was right, we were done...😖

I heard something a guy wrote describing the California town out in the middle of the desert named Siberia that perfectly described how I felt at that point, it goes like this...

"The land where the gaunt vulture of despair flaps his huge wings, and hope sinks into oblivion. Where once vivid memories seem vague..and daydreams die" 😢

But then something unbelievable and awesome happened..it seems miraculous to me that it was even possible at that point...we got finally had sone real great leadership in the administration, though few of us knew it at the time, and that leadership made a fantastic hire of an AD, though few of us knew HOW good...and he hired a coach he believed in...a guy none of us really wanted...and THAT guy took a battered skeleton crew of a roster and made some promising progress hus first season, and I thought.."hey maybe this guy can at least make us a little respectable again in a few years if we just give him some time"...BUT...then the unthinkable happened...he took a team of portal rejects, nobodies and guys that had never lived up to their promise..and made them a freaking National Championship contender in his 2nd year..🤯

I will never understand you toxic SOBs that bitch, piss and moan over every little thing..criticize criticize criticize criticize...it is sickening and infuriating after what we gave been through. How in the hell can you not see how GREAT this is?

I have hope now...I know we have the chance to be a top program again, not just for a year, but year after year after year after year..IF..we will just have patience.

I never post long winded crap like this, and I know people thing I am "negative" because I try to rein in over the top expectations that lead to toxic frustration which is corrosive as acid to a program, but I am positive that we WILL get there if everybody would just have some freaking patience for once in our freaking lives....

Josh Heupel has ALREADY shown us what he can do...he doesn't have to prove anything to me...I believe we will be a winner as long as he is here...I don't know if we ever win a championship..we've only won 1-2 in my lifetime...but I KNOW we won't be at the bottom of the abyss anymore..and that is awesome.

Here here!

AND THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING

AND

f*** BAMA

I was completely done as a fan...I would always love the Vols, but I was finally convinced the LWS was right..I had argued with him zealously for years throughout the 2010s that we were STILL a great program, that all we needed was the right school leadership and the right Head Coach, and he always said we were done as a great program...relegated to mediocrity forever.

And then the totally horrifying and embarrassing clown show of a coaching search...the SchiaNO uprising..Fulmer coming in at the last minute to try and save the ship, and making what looked like a promising hire..only to finally reach the bottom of the abyss...the absolute bottom, a place where light can never reach with the weight of the world holding us down forever..after Pruitt's stupid moron ass absolutely destroyed what was left of my hope...I was finally convinced...LWS was right, we were done...😖

I heard something a guy wrote describing the California town out in the middle of the mojave desert named Siberia that perfectly described how I felt at that point, it goes like this...

But then something unbelievable and awesome happened..it seems miraculous to me that it was even possible at that point...we got finally had some real good leadership in the administration, though few of us knew it at the time, and that leadership made a fantastic hire of an AD, though few of us knew HOW good...and he hired a coach he believed in...a guy none of us really wanted...and THAT guy took a battered skeleton crew of a roster and made some promising progress his first season, and I thought.."hey maybe this guy can at least make us a little respectable again in a few years if we just give him some time"...BUT...then the unthinkable happened...he took a team of portal rejects, nobodies and guys that had never lived up to their promise..and made them a freaking National Championship contender in his 2nd year..🤯

I will never understand you toxic SOBs that bitch, piss and moan over every little thing..criticize criticize criticize criticize...it is sickening and infuriating after what we gave been through. How in the hell can you not see how GREAT this is?

I ain't reading all that.

Jk, I did. Really good post. You were right to hang on to your belief that Tennessee was merely a sleeping giant that needed the right set of circumstances to awaken again. This is such a great time to be a Tennessee fan and I'm glad we all stuck through the misery to arrive at this point.

I will never understand you toxic SOBs that bitch, piss and moan over every little thing..criticize criticize criticize criticize...it is sickening and infuriating after what we have been through. How in the hell can you not see how GREAT this is?

😭😭😭🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡

Absolutely!!! After we went from the top to absolutely the bottom with no hope, how can you not appreciate just being able to hope???

Eh, I’m a Bonds fan, and I think it’s a long shot he breaks the record without juice.

But all of his accomplishments aren’t tainted. His career totals are tainted. You have to close the book on him after ‘98.

But he’s a HOF if you close him out after ‘98 -
2000 H, 400 2B, 400 HR, 400 SB, 1300 R, 1200 RBI, and a 164 OPS+

The crazy thing is if he doesn’t juice he probably finishes with -
3000 H, 600 2B, 600 HR, 600 SB

He was a unique talent.

And a 3x MVP, 8x Gold Glove, and 9 Win player - without the juice.
i have no issues with any of it….. Hated Bonds bc of who he played for but he is the GOAT, imo….. He should be in the HOF!

Awesome, awesome post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back