Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think y'all are reading too much into Sampson's IG story.

He's just saying he wants to play. Cheetah can't run full speed in the cage. He wants to be unleashed.

That "cryptic" post doesn't mean he's going to transfer. Kid wants more responsibility in the offense. I think he gets it moving forward. I think Heupel's "we need to make some changes" might include his participation.
Here's the thing about these things, the worst is usually right.

The ultimate backyard expert calls a blitz every third and long. Actual coaches play situational football based on personnel, opponents and matchups. A blitz isn’t kryptonite to an offense. With their motion and short drop, our blitzes didn’t get to the qb. When they switched to a deep pocket, we blitzed, and sacked him more than once. We also ran gap blitzes, run blitzes and stunted to try to get penetration. We had 17 DB tackles. That’s a terrible stat. It means no matter what we called, they were two layers deep into our D. Herring is learning. He got caught out of position a few times, and didn’t assign anyone to the motion player. Those are big mistakes, but they’re youth. Lack of blitzes is a big nothing. You don’t blitz a two step drop out of play action. That’s why we dropped coverage. Our problems were bad tackling by DBs, bad LB calls on motion, and bad gap fits in the run. Lack of blitzes isn’t our problem.
What hurts the most is the lack of development from some younger guys, Tellander and Carter being 3 & 4 at linebacker says a lot about where the linebacker room is as far as talent. The oline needs more talent, Cooper being out and Nichols not winning a starting spot is hurting, the Rt situation isn’t helping either. At the end of the day the SEC is a los league and we didn’t fare well on either line Saturday night

Reactions: Vol since 77
What's got all the reds so cranked up? Are you all up to something? My redheaded wife and youngest son have been meaner than normal this year. What's going on?
Funny, in not so funny way. My son has a ginger tint to his beard and he takes after his mamma. When we lose at something, we don’t react very well, and our Vol play so far isn’t sitting well for us. Oh, 🖕that’s for what you said about the zone the other day. Yes, I’m salty and us gingers remember and keep receipts, just as your SO. I’m sure she’ll nod her head.

On balance, Im going with the guy with a track record of coaching offensive excellence vs a bunch of message board goobers.

I’m not anti-Heupel. The weird thing about this board is people seem to lump you into one of two groups and there is apparently zero middle ground. Heupel has done a good job here so far all things considered. I simply disagree quite a bit with his usage of Small over Sampson.

Here's the thing about these things, the worst is usually right.
Occam's Razor. The simplest explanation is preferable to the more complex explanation. There's not enough detail to suggest he's out the door, it takes additional leaps of speculation for that.

Nobody in that building is happy right now. Kids that didn't play probably think they could've played better than the ones that did. Doesn't mean they're all out the door.

giphy.gif

How are we still having players get in trouble for weed?! In 2023. Just legalize it and or stop penalizing players for it. Literally no one g.a.s. about it anymore and it’s legal in most states. Bama players get off with possessing guns illegally and punching women and we’re still kicking players off (Salter) and suspending them (Mincey) for a damn plant legal in most states.

UT could choose to speak out on the officiating, especially when it's blatant and affects the outcome of important games. Sending a compilation report to the conference does absolutely nothing-- never has. Calling Sankey does even less. UT does not have strong media support, not even locally.

UT traditionally has been a "go along to get along" school. But now that the investigation is closed, UT is in a better position to speak out, should the admin choose to do so. Many programs are disgusted with the officiating. The conferences only have the power the member schools give them. Being passive doesn't bring change... but it does bring in revenue to bankroll the ever-escalating salaries and facilities renovations.

That waiting list for season tickets could dwindle quickly and the sold out figure could drop 20K back into the 50's real quick with a turd season of 6 wins and increase in prices. What goes around comes around. They Jack up cost really quick but you better be winning a lot when you do that. Win and keep on winning. What we saw the last two games will not be worth the 2500K plus some seats are going to.

Funny, in not so funny way. My son has a ginger tint to his beard and he takes after his mamma. When we lose at something, we don’t react very well, and our Vol play so far isn’t sitting well for us. Oh, 🖕that’s for what you said about the zone the other day. Yes, I’m salty and us gingers remember and keep receipts, just as your SO. I’m sure she’ll nod her head.
Put this with your receipts ....20230406_090421.gif

No more weird than the coach absolutists that believe Heupel is infallible and cannot make mistakes.

No it is much weirder to not trust the guy who has proven time and time and time and time and time again that he knows what he’s doing on that side of the ball.

Of course he can make mistakes. But for a message board poster to think they know better than Josh Heupel….about offense….lol

If he’s gonna be drama tweeting cryptic graphics then I would be glad we ran him off too, if he leaves.
Good idea! Let’s run off every 19 year old on our team that does dumb stuff. We’re already at Sampson, Slaughter, and Mincey, I’m sure we can get rid of most of the other starters by week 6 if we keep this policy up.

Reactions: rikberry31
Good idea! Let’s run off every 19 year old on our team that does dumb stuff. We’re already at Sampson, Slaughter, and Mincey, I’m sure we can get rid of most of the other starters by week 6 if we keep this policy up.

Should’ve clarified *only if he’s causing drama in the locker room and it becomes a problem*.

The program and culture are bigger than an unhappy RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back