Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I don’t get this. We took 2 OL, which solidified the tackle position with Mincey, Mayes, and Spraggins. We took Thornton, which made the WR room dynamic. He brought in a TE. We didn’t need a RB. In fact, we had to satisfy Wright. We took Norman-Lott, which has been a great pickup so far. We took Pili to bring in a veteran at LB, and he’s hurt. Beasley is great, and we have young talent. We brought in Jeudy-Lally, but we recruited a bunch of young talent at DB that they want to develop. A bunch of guys who weren’t producing left the program. Why would Heupel be cocky? He brought in a transfer at almost every position to solidify depth and bringing in veterans. The transfer portal is not going to be used to create a roster despite what Deon did. It’s used to fill holes.
Fair points and as we can see more was needed.

Seeing the Sampson arguments. All I can think of is pass pro cause he is electric with ball on his hands. Would love to see Sampson and Wright on field at same time. Reminds me how we underused Tinsley for a full season.

Reactions: StoVol
I like it but I’m confused bc he said defense was super aggressive but then if you read the rest of the tweet he says not the aggressors. Maybe he meant the team overall
I think he meant specific players, especially guys on the line, that’s why he says over pursuit and lost the edge, which happened a lot and left big running lanes. But the team overall wasn’t the aggressor

In all seriousness, I like Small. He does everything right, he grinds, and he is a VFL. But it appears that overall, Wright is the better runner and Sampson is the better pass catcher. Like another poster said, maybe it's pass blocking because he does do that really well.

If he had even the slightest amount of touch on the ball, I probably would’ve never posted that.

Reason Peyton was such a great QB, didn’t have the arm strength, but damn did he have touch on his ball.
90% of these QB post leave out the important part.
The brain.
Peyton was a great QB because of his brain.
Hooker was great because he could get everyone lined up and ready in this fast pace offense and keep it moving. And make the right decision.
If Joe could do that he can pass it good enough.

The worst two plays of the night were:

1.) Hadden’s “tackle attempt” on the long run
2.) Milton’s 35 yard floater to the middle of the field that ultimately gave Florida the ball in the red zone.

Those two plays combined with the referees poor performance was too much to overcome in that hostile of an environment. Those three things change and we have a real good shot to win that game.
No . The worst wash jumping offside on 4 down when everyone in the stands and watching on tv new they weren’t going to snap the ball

Ima ride with Joe, as long as CJH does. The rest of you all who think you know something, I pretty much guarantee you don't know as much as you think you do. I am extremely disappointed and pissed about last night. I believe we bounce back big time.
I do too. Just not sure we’re talking same timeline though.
I thinking maybe next year.
Florida didn’t really surprise me . On the road, Sec game. It happens.
Austin Peay says way more to me. It should of been and always should be a walk in the park.

90% of these QB post leave out the important part.
The brain.
Peyton was a great QB because of his brain.
Hooker was great because he could get everyone lined up and ready in this fast pace offense and keep it moving. And make the right decision.
If Joe could do that he can pass it good enough.
You know what all of them have in common?

Didn't come remotely close to beating Florida in Gainesville.

Some of the issues Joe and the offensive line had in the swamp were the exact same Hooker and them had in 21' and at UGA in 22'.

Just an idea, and something I know isn't going to happen, but Heupel should let Martinez go and bring in Jim Leonhard to be DB coach/Asst. DC.

And should Arkansas ever can Pittman, Heupel would be crazy not to immediately pick him up. I'm not totally out on Elarbee, but this OL has been bad. When he has talent, I think he can mold it, but he has a hard time recruiting that talent.

Also, Spyre needs to consider opening up the checkbook a little more to help flip some guys. Maybe there's a player or two we need to be willing to overpay for. Even if it's in the portal. The OL needs major help. The DL will need major help after this season. Winning starts in the trenches.

What a weird finish in this Pats/Dolphins game. Oh well, dub is a dub. 🐬
Hey, what are you watching Dolphins games on this year? I'm in SoCal so last week was local and this week was national but I'm really annoyed that YT doesn't offer a single team option for Sunday Ticket. Guess it's VPN time. I'm petty that way.

Are you using a VPN with the Paramount+ app for CBS games? What about the Fox games?

Also, Spyre needs to consider opening up the checkbook a little more to help flip some guys. Maybe there's a player or two we need to be willing to overpay for. Even if it's in the portal. The OL needs major help. The DL will need major help after this season. Winning starts in the trenches.
Damn right! We need to overpay a few for a couple years and get what we need to compete with UGA and everyone.

If You can’t show the gamechangers you can compete for championships you’re going to have a hard time recruiting against the ones that can.

Reactions: VolNash17
No more weird than the coach absolutists that believe Heupel is infallible and cannot make mistakes.
Again, why would we trust a random poster over our HC who has demonstrated to this point that he is pretty damned good. You can criticize all you want. You might even find that nut every once in a while. Just don't understand why posters who do this bitch about people who trust Heupel more than them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back