Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was hit in throwing motion , sort of why the ball went straight up. I believe he was trying to get the ball downfield to the left side of the field
More towards the middle of the field. He had white on a fly. The protection was awful from Crawford and Campbell but Ollie letting Watson through him is what caused it

Their defense isn’t average it’s actually a pretty good defense, probably top 5 in SEC
I think it’s skewed from playing zero good offenses. Utah doesn’t ever really have an offense and they were down to their third string QB, then a cupcake, and our disaster.

Any word on Tim banks? Many view him as a bridge coordinator/discount coach due to the situation at the time of his hiring not being able to attract top flight coordinator/position coaches at most positions. Think they’ll make a move or a few at seasons end if this thing goes down to 8-4 again?
CJH prioritizes stability, but staff changes seem inevitable this year. There would have been several last year, but CJH wanted to keep the staff intact. Ideally, UT could have kept Golesh another year, but opportunities were inevitable and there was no holding him back.

CJH prioritizes stability, but staff changes seem inevitable this year. There would have been several last year, but CJH wanted to keep the staff intact. Ideally, UT could have kept Golesh another year, but opportunities were inevitable and there was no holding him back.
Thank goodness. Lawd.

Also from the same press conference:

Heupel on Ricky Gibson:

A brief excerpt (not unrelated imo) from a different answer about the defense:
Good to hear this. Let’s toss Gibson, Matthews, Harrison, etc out there. At least they’ll bust their ass and improve, Hadden is just a head case loser at this point.

I believe Willie Martinez will likely be one of those staff changes.

In that department, he would be.

But I don’t think Milton has been as bad some of y’all do.
We don’t know that. How could we? That’s speculation. Nico could process information much faster than Joe.

Joe has always had the physical attributes. Had them since day one.

It’s why he keeps winning starting QB jobs in training camps (at multiple schools, multiple times).

But the constant check with me (while we’re trying to run fast paced tempo) isn’t going to show up in his Completion %

They have Dark Mode. Dark Mode (basically charcoal) and Summitt Blue were added to the official UT color palette last year.
I hate that baby or powder-puff UNC blue. Please don't wear that. It's like a lame Gator imitation combo with the orange.

Are you saying "dark mode" is not black but charcoal and that we don't have the black uniforms this year? That would be really dumb: the black mambas are the single most popular uni with the recruits!

Who is driving this nonsense, us or Nike?

I hate that baby powder puff UNC blue. Please don't wear that. It's like a lame Gator imitation combo with the orange.

Are you saying we don't have the black uniforms this year?
Dark Mode is black. It used to be called Anthracite-- kind of coal black. Smokey Gray is also in the palette.

Summitt Blue is very popular with the LVs.

You can call it a cheap shot but I seen worse than this ....clothes lines and such.......still don't think he meant to injure him...knock him out of game yes but to rupture his spleen no....but we can agree to disagree 😉
Dick "Night Train" Lane was a bad, bad man who made the clothesline famous.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Dark Mode is black. It used to be called Anthracite-- kind of coal black. Smokey Gray is also in the palette.

Summitt Blue is very popular with the LVs.
Let them wear it then. We are not a women's volleyball school like Nebraska. 😄

I thought it was a great idea for Pat as a one off last year, except I just knew instead of being appreciative, they would up the ante and say we have to wear them every year like a bunch of tyrants.

Can we get a separate NIL for football, so none of our money goes to those whiners and tyrannical jerks? I hereby renounce a lifetime of supporting the LVs.

Yup. Too many exciting pieces back there to keep trotting out Hadden, McCullough, etc every week
Wouldn't hold my breath. The dilemma is that the staff places more value on guys who know where to line up but can't make the plays over inexperienced players who might get out of position at times but have the athleticism to make plays for you.

Reactions: VolNash17
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back