Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let them wear it then. We are not a women's volleyball school like Nebraska. 😄

I thought it was a great idea for Pat as a one off last year, except I just knew instead of being appreciative, they would up the ante and say we have to wear them every year like a bunch of tyrants.

Can we get a separate NIL for football, so none of our money goes to those whiners and pushy jerks? I hereby renounce a lifetime of supporting the LVs.
I don't think hes saying we have a Summitt Blue football uniform that's popular with LV alum. He's saying Summitt Blue is now an official color with our Nike contract and it's popular with the LV teams. The LVs all have a Summitt Blue uniform combination, not men's teams.

Oh yeah, he TOTALLY did that on purpose. Had absolutely nothing to do with getting creamed as it was released.

Last thing I'm gonna say about it.

The blocking absolutely sucked but he HAS to feel that pressure!

Absolutely noone thinks he just threw it straight up because he wanted to. I do think he should have felt it coming and chose more wisely, though. That's all I'm saying.

I want him to succeed as much as anyone, am just concerned the processing isn't there. I hope like **** I'm wrong!

I don't think hes saying we have a Summitt Blue football uniform that's popular with LV alum. He's saying Summitt Blue is now an official color with our Nike contract and it's popular with the LV teams. The LVs all have a Summitt Blue uniform combination, not men's teams.
You would like to see the football team playing in the Summit Blue???😉😉😉 could be an intimidating factor for Tennessee.....!

Let them wear it then. We are not a women's volleyball school like Nebraska. 😄

I thought it was a great idea for Pat as a one off last year, except I just knew instead of being appreciative, they would up the ante and say we have to wear them every year like a bunch of tyrants.

Can we get a separate NIL for football, so none of our money goes to those whiners and tyrannical jerks? I hereby renounce a lifetime of supporting the LVs.
The LVs have their own collective and their own apparel designer. I personally don't mind supporting Pat, because I know how very much she did for UT-- and how much her foundation continues to do.

Last thing I'm gonna say about it.

The blocking absolutely sucked but he HAS to feel that pressure!

Absolutely noone thinks he just threw it straight up because he wanted to. I do think he should have felt it coming and chose more wisely, though. That's all I'm saying.

I want him to succeed as much as anyone, am just concerned the processing isn't there. I hope like **** I'm wrong!
Yes, he should have held it. I think more of anything he was trying to throw it away but the pressure came faster than he anticipated.

But the ESPN headline for the play was "WHAT WAS HE THINKING?!" and everyone here is making it out like he purposefully threw a duck straight to the Florida defender.

He got obliterated as he released the ball because Ollie Lane let the lineman take his lunch money.

The LVs have their own collective and their own apparel designer. I personally don't mind supporting Pat, because I know how very much she did for UT-- and how much her foundation continues to do.
No one exceeds my zeal for the LVs honoring Pat. If you mean the blue and orange is only for the LVs, I have no problem with that. I misunderstood you. But it's not a color combo for the football team. I thought you meant we were supposed to change our football colors at their whim for a game every year.

As to NIL, do you mean they draw from the our general collective and also have their own? Or they rely solely on their own?

Last edited:
Reactions: SoilVol
This is correct. It's an accent color, worn primarily by the LVs who have an orange and blue combo. Men's sports do not have a Summitt Blue uniform.

There's a lot to unpack here.

That's right. Add Clemson to that list. Now that it's legal, a lot of these Pre-NIL recruiting Machine$ are largely useless. Which is why you hear those same coaches from those programs whining about salary cap. So they can put their boosters back to work under the table.

They do, and the donors contribute as well.

hear hear

NIL is not the be-all-end-all in recruiting. NIL is a tool to manage the roster. It is not the ONLY way to keep and attract top talent, but it is a resource that can give a program like Tennessee an advantage. Like the old adage says, "Football is a game of inches." Winning is about creating and maximizing advantages, in every way. For us, NIL is an advantage. It is not the answer to all of our problems. It does not mean we will get every recruit we want or bring in the best player from every other team in the country. However, it can give us the edge, or get us in the conversation, for the best talent. That is an advantage. When it comes to maintaining or reconstructing/improving our roster, the fans' contributions to the Vol Club help.
People also forget about the Football Excellence Fund. Volunteer Club/Spyre supports all sports. Want to support the football correctly? Donate to the fund through UT.

I guess we’re trendsetters. New move is to get out of the big buyouts when they don’t deliver.

Not every admin can engineer their HC committing 18 level one violations or trick their guy into donating sperm into their phone whilst talking dirty to a gang rape survivor. So if you have one, hold onto them like death itself. 😳

Reactions: Orange. and KptVFL
Can someone explain "Summitt Blue" to me? What is Pat Summitt's connection to this shade of blue? It looks very similar to Carolina blue to me. I've been wondering the last couple of games why there is a guy wearing a Power T cap in Carolina blue. I was a big fan of Pat Summitt, but I'm not a fan of Summitt blue for UT.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back