Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul just said 3 gaturds and 1 VOL suspended for next week's game.
[Corrected. Thanks @volsagain] The SEC was wrong to suspend Norman-Lott for defending a teammate who had been knocked down in a blindside attack and was being kicked or stomped on. This was after multiple Vols had been struck, while not a single Vol engaged in fighting. I think the situation required that Norman-Lott intervene on humanitarian grounds.

The Gators went after people who were clearly backing away and signaling in so doing (like the ref) that the fight was over. I can understand those Gators being suspended. I don't understand why the Gator coach who blindside struck a Vol player was not sanctioned.

Hadden did nothing wrong; he was trying to keep five Gators from ganging up on Omari Thomas. Good on Hadden, for once. He didn't put up dukes until he had to in self defense, and he did not swing.

The announcers were terrible in the way they described what happened. The fighting was extremely one-sided. The announcers blamed Heupel's timeout for the Gators' behavior.

Screen Shot 2023-09-18 at 1.54.04 PM.png
Offensive lineman Damieon George, Jr., offensive lineman Micah Mazzccua and tight end Dante Zanders of Florida will be suspended for the first half of the Gators' game with Charlotte on Saturday in Gainesville. Defensive lineman Omarr Norman-Lott of Tennessee will be suspended for the first half of the Volunteers' game with UTSA on Saturday in Knoxville.

Last edited:
First I've heard of it. I only saw the end of the game. It's getting no mention in the writeups that I know of. Makes the hit on the CU WR more understandable -- not to say excusable. The latter looked like a typical GA play to me.

Should have grabbed his hand and broken his finger. That’ll teach you not to play those games.

I think it’s apparent WM is out after this year. He was the only assistant that didn’t get extended. I don’t foresee any offensive staff changes. Heupel is loyal to Elarbee and Hazle. I don’t really see wholesale defensive changes either. Banks just got extended last year.
Tim Banks contract runs out after 2024 season. If they want to let him go this off-season it won’t be a big hit.

This is correct. It's an accent color, worn primarily by the LVs who have an orange and blue combo. Men's sports do not have a Summitt Blue uniform.
Thanks! Like I said above, I misunderstood you. I apologize.

Putting it in the official palette sounds like some legal detail per our contracts with Nike, once you clarify that
Men's sports do not have a Summitt Blue uniform
I will keep pulling for the LVs unless and until the football shows up in powder puff blue. 😂

In my defense, there were people on on this thread last year saying that we should wear LV uniforms one game every year forever.

Also I notice that you disregarded my NIL question. 😉 Thanks for the great info you bring.

Last edited:
Tim Banks contract runs out after 2024 season. If they want to let him go this off-season it won’t be a big hit.
La vol did say “a few” could’ve happened last offseason. If defense keeps crapping the bed in bigger games we could absolutely see something happen. Heupel doesn’t strike me as someone being content with being a 3rd tier program

We don’t know that. How could we? That’s speculation. Nico could process information much faster than Joe.

Joe has always had the physical attributes. Had them since day one.

It’s why he keeps winning starting QB jobs in training camps (at multiple schools, multiple times).

But the constant check with me (while we’re trying to run fast paced tempo) isn’t going to show up in his Completion %

You don’t think they would make a true Fr check with them?

Should have grabbed his hand and broken his finger. That’ll teach you not to play those games.
Not the kind of thing I would generally support, but in that instance where a player was deliberately trying to poke one's eye out, I don't see how it could be criticized. Did they even flag Sandersjr?

Reactions: Volunteer821
Swain is dogging the secondary, oline and refs on Josh and Swain. He's mad today.
I think we would have come from behind to win if the officials had not rigged the game. I think it's possible that we would have fallen short, but I see no reason to think we would have.

People are so upset by the first half that they not seeing what happened in the second half. Or too embarrassed by the first half (or their little league coach or their friend who is a fan of another team and might make fun of them) to tell the truth about the officiating. It was systematic: every scoring drive.

Last edited:
Can someone explain "Summitt Blue" to me? What is Pat Summitt's connection to this shade of blue? It looks very similar to Carolina blue to me. I've been wondering the last couple of games why there is a guy wearing a Power T cap in Carolina blue. I was a big fan of Pat Summitt, but I'm not a fan of Summitt blue for UT.
The blue accent color made its first appearance in 1968, when Tennessee women's athletics director emeritus Joan Cronan was looking for women's basketball jerseys. No companies offered Tennessee orange uniforms, so Cronan chose Columbia blue uniforms with orange letters – and the blue has stuck ever since.

First I've heard of it. I only saw the end of the game. It's getting no mention in the writeups that I know of. Makes the hit on the CU WR more understandable -- not to say excusable. The latter looked like a typical GA play to me.

Looks pretty clear that the CSU players pokes at Sander’s face right before but gets blocked by his visor. This is typical rivalry behavior. The hit on hunter was not. Seems intentionally obtuse to argue otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back