Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
After some time after a loss I usually feel better about the future games. Not this time. I feel worse. Something is amiss about this team. It brought back memories of Butch's last year with all.the locker room drama. I think the vols are headed for a rough season. I think Uconn and vandy are our only very high percentage wins. The rest are toss ups. I could see us losing to SC and A&M. I pretty much guarantee losses to GA and Bama. I can see KY and mizzou being losses. Sorry to be a downer but something is off with this team and I'm not sure it's fixable quickly.
Just make a bowl and get Nico some significant playing time.

After some time after a loss I usually feel better about the future games. Not this time. I feel worse. Something is amiss about this team. It brought back memories of Butch's last year with all.the locker room drama. I think the vols are headed for a rough season. I think Uconn and vandy are our only very high percentage wins. The rest are toss ups. I could see us losing to SC and A&M. I pretty much guarantee losses to GA and Bama. I can see KY and mizzou being losses. Sorry to be a downer but something is off with this team and I'm not sure it's fixable quickly.
6-6

Reactions: InVOLuntary
We were close to leaving before the whistle Saturday and Heup dropping the timeout with 9 seconds left got me fired up again. I’m as mad as anyone we saw some piss poor effort in game, but I’m at least glad we didn’t leave without showing a little damn fight at the end. Eff the gators.
Yeah. Losing a starting defensive tackle for the first half of our next game was totally worth it.

Hate that we play at 4 again. I'm getting too old for even evening games 😅🤣 Give me my noon kickoff so I can nap by 3:30 😅

But FINALLY a good slate of games. 6 top-25 games in single digit spreads, more than weeks 0-3 combined. Let's get ready to ruuuuumble!

Some of y’all need to relax with the comparisons to Butch and all that other nonsense like locker room issues talk… it’s ridiculous to compare Butch and Heupel in anyway. Saturday was awful and the schedule is no cakewalk but we don’t need to start these same BS topics that we have had the last 20 years. We are recruiting fine, have good a NIL program, multiple high profile QBs on roster, committed or lead for. Everyone should have known this year was a step back year… coaches knew it too I’m sure but they can’t outright say it. Hendon would have won the Heisman had we beat USCjr and he not gotten hurt. That’s hard to replace and we don’t have the roster talent yet to be a perennial playoff team. We absolutely have to keep some stability. Let see what the team does going forward. We need to be 4-1 after the next few weeks.

Hate that we play at 4 again. I'm getting too old for even evening games 😅🤣 Give me my noon kickoff so I can nap by 3:30 😅

But FINALLY a good slate of games. 6 top-25 games in single digit spreads, more than weeks 0-3 combined. Let's get ready to ruuuuumble!
if its nice Sat. I'm staining, and working on the deck.

Reactions: knoxvol52
We were close to leaving before the whistle Saturday and Heup dropping the timeout with 9 seconds left got me fired up again. I’m as mad as anyone we saw some piss poor effort in game, but I’m at least glad we didn’t leave without showing a little damn fight at the end. Eff the gators.
The funny thing is Napier took a TO and a delay of game just before that to celebrate longer. And Gator fans have the audacity to say we were classless for the TO and call the “hit” dirty🤣 hope we hang 60 on them next season and don’t let off the gas at all and still use our TO’s at the end

Some of y’all need to relax with the comparisons to Butch and all that other nonsense like locker room issues talk… it’s ridiculous to compare Butch and Heupel in anyway. Saturday was awful and the schedule is no cakewalk but we don’t need to start these same BS topics that we have had the last 20 years. We are recruiting fine, have good a NIL program, multiple high profile QBs on roster, committed or lead for. Everyone should have known this year was a step back year… coaches knew it too I’m sure but they can’t outright say it. Hendon would have won the Heisman had we beat USCjr and he not gotten hurt. That’s hard to replace and we don’t have the roster talent yet to be a perennial playoff team. We absolutely have to keep some stability. Let see what the team does going forward. We need to be 4-1 after the next few weeks.
The Butch comparisons really are galling.

The air is out of my baloon on this football season
Was really looking forward to turning the corner against a team that lost to utah

We suck in the defensive backfield, badly
Utah is #11 in the country after 3 weeks, b2b PAC champs, and got them at home.

I get we've been pretty dang sloppy so far, but so we were in 2021 and 2022 out of the gates. I'm not exactly convinced of some great turnaround, but 8-10 wins are still fully in our sights. In fact, we may lose another 1-2 we "shouldn't"...but I also foresee an upset over either Bama or UGA. Neither is impressive and at our B+ can beat one of them. And that would make the season itself...so keep hope 👿

I made the mistake of looking in, and I see you f'n dumarses are comparing Heupel to Butch...dang y'all are some stupid arse idiots...that is just a huge pile of 🦬💩.

Later...should've stayed out.

We are the best fanbase in sports..

We are the worst fanbase in sports...

Both are true.

Last edited:
Bru caught everything that came his way and Trucked some guys in the swamp. Thorton had a pass interference against him that didn't get called and then caught a bullet on the next play for a first down. castles had a big catch and run for a first down and then a bogus penalty that was the only one of the game on the receiving core. Our receivers played well but they didn't have much opportunity with the play calling. Think the false starts to kick off 3 straight drives really killed us and messed with the play calling.
Agree with a lot of this, oline put us behind the chains a lot and think it has an effect on the playcalling and offensive success for sure. Receivers had a solid outing, but I will say I don’t think the receivers created a lot of separation for the most part though.

It all makes sense within their context. You break team rules-- we don't tell, but you don't play. You don't want to play where we need you-- you may not play. You're outworked-- you drop in the rotation and watch harder workers play. The media wants all the details, and they're not going to get them.
And neither they nor us are entitled to details. Good policy.

OSU-ND should be interesting as well as the Ducks-Colorado game...

Reactions: Devo182
The Butch comparisons really are galling.
Idiotic and lazy.

Zero correlations or comparisons.

All offseason, "this season could be really up and down after losing our closest thing to a Heisman since Peyton, our first ever Biletnikoff, a 1st round OT, NFL pass rusher, etc...8-9 wins is certainly possible"

...then lose 1 game and this nonsense. Clearly shows how illprepared too many fans were. Still not sure what they were expecting or why they're off the cliff after 3 games. Have they not seen Tennessee football before? We've started 0-2 and finished on a 7 game winning streak. We've also started 2-0 and lost every last game not against Vanderbilt.....dear god LET THE SEASON PLAY OUT 😅

Boy oh boy, if we do have a few consecutive drives that dont result in a score Saturday the stadium will be going ballistic and I’ll definitely bet we will hear a few ‘Nico’ chants
Yeah, CJH is about to find out how negative our fans can be. They'll turn on him in a heartbeat if he doesn't do what they think he should do.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back