Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
After some time after a loss I usually feel better about the future games. Not this time. I feel worse. Something is amiss about this team. It brought back memories of Butch's last year with all.the locker room drama. I think the vols are headed for a rough season. I think Uconn and vandy are our only very high percentage wins. The rest are toss ups. I could see us losing to SC and A&M. I pretty much guarantee losses to GA and Bama. I can see KY and mizzou being losses. Sorry to be a downer but something is off with this team and I'm not sure it's fixable quickly.
Something is definitely up. Why did Slaughter and Mincey not play

The air is out of my baloon on this football season
Was really looking forward to turning the corner against a team that lost to utah

We suck in the defensive backfield, badly
Most know what the DB problem is. We are into the third season with the same issue as the first.

Then there is QB. Joe showed who he was the first season with Heup. There has been moderate improvement from that point, but not enough to repeat the level of offensive play of last season. Will be lucky to average 30 points per game as it is. Major regression. Nobody is scared of Joe running the ball, so they will not take a LB or S and spy him. They can rush right at him and not worry about him escaping the pocket routinely and stretching the field.

The O-line is worse becasue two proven starters did not play. When they return they will need time to gel with the others.

The DC's learning curve is still on-going in his third season. Doubt he will ever give up on being a zone coverage guy. Which is dumb in the SEC.

Using Small over Sampson is another.

Patterns for doing things have been established. Play keys are known. Our SEC opponents know and have the talent to handle it.

Heup earns his pay from this point on. The element of surprise and uniqueness of HH are gone.

Wtf. It is wrong to suspend Omari Thomas for a half for shoulder bumping a guy running around after he was told by the Gator center that they were going to take a knee. It was a live play. The Gators who went after Thomas with fists, I can understand being suspended.

Bad luck they are picking on Thomas and not Hadden. 😂 That would have gotten a fun reaction. But the Birmingham Office would never lend us a hand. Not that Hadden did anything wrong in that one instance; he was trying to keep five Gators and a Gator coach from ganging up on Omari. Good on him, for once.

View attachment 580424

After some time after a loss I usually feel better about the future games. Not this time. I feel worse. Something is amiss about this team. It brought back memories of Butch's last year with all.the locker room drama. I think the vols are headed for a rough season. I think Uconn and vandy are our only very high percentage wins. The rest are toss ups. I could see us losing to SC and A&M. I pretty much guarantee losses to GA and Bama. I can see KY and mizzou being losses. Sorry to be a downer but something is off with this team and I'm not sure it's fixable quickly.
I don't think this is a Butch team, but it's definitely not a General Neyland team.

I know I’m in the minority, I never liked the Smoky Greys. I do however love our black mode jerseys and no, I don’t want to hear blowback on my comment on the Smoky Greys, I’m still salty about last Saturday and there’s no telling how I’ll respond. Shut up Glitch, drvenner, Weezie and TNPossum.
Screenshot_20230918_202750_DuckDuckGo.jpg
*It's dark mode memaw! 😂

Last edited:
Heupel stating that Joe is still throwing the ball to all the right spots making the right decisions tells me that the play calling is crap.

Or he feels like Joe is still his guy at QB and wants to try to instill him with confidence by making some positive comments in front of the media. Could also be that the play calling is crap.

Reactions: captainfalcon777
Wish we would have won…this is the kinda moment he was waiting for

View attachment 580342
I only watch that show hoping that one day Ben Watson will punch that clown in the face.....just lose it and say "to hell with my career, this guy is a dork." Boom.
It's going to happen, you watch. Very punchable.

It's not that, UGA looks human, Bama looks gettable. Losing to Florida shut what was a pretty wide open door to Atlanta. That's where most of my frustrations are. Sure finishing at 9 wins is cute, but it just leads to a pointless bowl game. Getting to Atlanta in year 3 would've been a huge step forward.
Are you serious? If those teams are beatable and the door to Atlanta was wide open, this game shuts nothing.

Winning 9 games in our year 3 is far more than just cute. That's, at very least, on schedule, maybe ahead. Even here, most predicted and expected about 9 wins.

And the bowl game would not be pointless.

Are you serious? If those teams are beatable and the door to Atlanta was wide open, this game shuts nothing.

Winning 9 games in our year 3 is far more than just cute. That's, at very least, on schedule, maybe ahead. Even here, most predicted and expected about 9 wins.

And the bowl game would not be pointless.
Lol. UF has the TB and a much weaker schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back