Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I look at the schedule the more I’m talking myself into 9-3 again. If Tennessee can run that offense in the 2nd half and not the run up the middle spam with screens left and right I think UT might be ok. If Joe throws picks or misses then so be it. UT ain’t winning USCe, Aggies with the run/screen offense hiding Milton. Need to risk it. Season is salvageable. Milton is who he is at this point. Go out and attack. UT had 6.0 yards per play. UF had 5.2. Stop the stupid mistakes and save the season. Starts with USCe and Neyland needs to be so electric to launch this squad upwards therefore changing the trajectory of the season

You do you but that’s a miserable experience for a fan. Lose 1 game and that’s it?

I want to see this year’s team step up and improve as the season goes on. See if they can get it to 9 wins. And I want to see how the coaches adjust to what they’re seeing out there on Saturdays.

This team was never a NC contender. The season is just now starting.
Yes it is miserable being a Vol fan…. i didn’t expect a national championship…. i did expect a winning streak against the Gators.

So after a couple days.. And it still stinging... Here's what I think.
Refs were bad.. Two huge calls blown in the second half that would have at least kept comeback hopes alive. They are not the reason we lost.

I think a lot of the criticism of Milton isn't fair. He's not hendon hooker any more than he is JG. he's still got things to improve on, but when he's on, he's really good. He's just not 'on' consistently.

The o line has problems and imo, probably the biggest problem on this team. Wrs may be a close second.

The defense...I hate to say this but I said watching the game and they just looked soft. Defensive backfield is the same as it ever was.

And I think we got out coached. Doesn't mean I'm out on CJH or anything... But we looked unprepared and whatever adjustments we attempted, didn't take.

Worst game of the heupel era.

But... It's these kinds of games that can do 1 of 2 things... Provide a big time wake up call and force you to turn a corner or be the start of what could be a meltdown.

So this team better find some leaders, get right next week... And get ready for the thick of the schedule.

There's still plenty of opportunity this year. But last week did suck.

GBO🍊

We were close to leaving before the whistle Saturday and Heup dropping the timeout with 9 seconds left got me fired up again. I’m as mad as anyone we saw some piss poor effort in game, but I’m at least glad we didn’t leave without showing a little damn fight at the end. Eff the gators.
This^

Also, in the final minute I was thinking "man the forum is gonna be so pissed he didn't use his final timeout, just one more thing for them to complain about" then he used it🤣

Saturday's player absences aren't strange within the context of how this staff operates. CJH considers team business to be team business, not shared outside the program. A player being "unavailable" may be injured or not available as a matter of discipline. He could be suspended for violating team rules, restricted due to an internal situation or held back because another player "earned" PT with a better week of practice. CJH prefers not to address any of it outside the program. It may not make sense to the media, but the staff is deliberate in how they handle situations internally.

I get CJH wanting to protect the culture, but maybe suspend those guys for UTSA and not one of the biggest games of the season. I don’t understand intentionally handicapping yourself for a winnable game.

Refs were bad.. Two huge calls blown in the second half that would have at least kept comeback hopes alive. They are not the reason we lost.

I think a lot of the criticism of Milton isn't fair. He's not hendon hooker any more than he is JG. he's still got things to improve on, but when he's on, he's really good. He's just not 'on' consistently.

The o line has problems and imo, probably the biggest problem on this team. Wrs may be a close second.

The defense...I hate to say this but I said watching the game and they just looked soft. Defensive backfield is the same as it ever was.

And I think we got out coached. Doesn't mean I'm out on CJH or anything... But we looked unprepared and whatever adjustments we attempted, didn't take.

But... It's these kinds of games that can do 1 of 2 things... Provide a big time wake up call and force you to turn a corner or be the start of what could be a meltdown.

So this team better find some leaders, get right next week... And get ready for the thick of the schedule.

GBO🍊
Sc game last year was much worse.

GBO🍊
I honestly thought the AP game would force us to turn a corner. Heup and company are going to have to perform some magic to turn this thing around. I have faith.

Reactions: captainfalcon777
After some time after a loss I usually feel better about the future games. Not this time. I feel worse. Something is amiss about this team. It brought back memories of Butch's last year with all.the locker room drama. I think the vols are headed for a rough season. I think Uconn and vandy are our only very high percentage wins. The rest are toss ups. I could see us losing to SC and A&M. I pretty much guarantee losses to GA and Bama. I can see KY and mizzou being losses. Sorry to be a downer but something is off with this team and I'm not sure it's fixable quickly.
Hate to say it but I feel the same way. If something doesn’t change very quickly, which seems unlikely, this team is looking 6-6 right in the face.

i don’t know what’s going on over at the hill….My Nephew still knows some people in the football facility…. They are saying that the players just don’t seem to care. What has happened to our culture this year?
So weird. I don't get it.

It's like they smelled success and now think it should just be handed to them and they don't have to work for it.

Or whatever happened before the South Carolina game was handled so poorly that it's still lingering in the locker room.

Or at the end of the season we agreed to sacrifice one of the players on an alter to get the NCAA off our backs.

i don’t know what’s going on over at the hill….My Nephew still knows some people in the football facility…. They are saying that the players just don’t seem to care. What has happened to our culture this year?

Yeah, that’s not good, but would explain a lot.

Joe Milton is Jarret Guarantano level and that’s all there is to it. He just has a better coach. If Joe Milton were QB under Pruitt does anyone believe he wins a single game more?

I know things have changed a lot since I was a student, but even back then, depending on which players you talked to at which times, you might get the impression that they didn’t care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back