Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree. Heupel was distraught during the press conference today. We’re missing Hooker in a big way. His leadership for sure but also his ability to make plays when the pocket breaks down.

The defensive game plan the other day was baffling. Why didn’t we go after the QB? Beamer and Rattler can’t wait to play us.
It’s the problem with the “Joe isn’t the problem” narrative some are anchored too.

Sure, there are other problems. Guys like Dobbs & Hooker mitigated problems, and made plays.

Joe brings our other problems into focus.

i don’t know what’s going on over at the hill….My Nephew still knows some people in the football facility…. They are saying that the players just don’t seem to care. What has happened to our culture this year?
Sounds like 2017. Doesn’t bode well for the season, or for heupel if that’s the case. If your players in the SEC at Tennessee, coming off 11-2 season don’t give a ****… it won’t end well for anybody in the long run.

So after a couple days.. And it still stinging... Here's what I think.
Refs were bad.. Two huge calls blown in the second half that would have at least kept comeback hopes alive. They are not the reason we lost.

I think a lot of the criticism of Milton isn't fair. He's not hendon hooker any more than he is JG. he's still got things to improve on, but when he's on, he's really good. He's just not 'on' consistently.

The o line has problems and imo, probably the biggest problem on this team. Wrs may be a close second.

The defense...I hate to say this but I said watching the game and they just looked soft. Defensive backfield is the same as it ever was.

And I think we got out coached. Doesn't mean I'm out on CJH or anything... But we looked unprepared and whatever adjustments we attempted, didn't take.

Worst game of the heupel era.

But... It's these kinds of games that can do 1 of 2 things... Provide a big time wake up call and force you to turn a corner or be the start of what could be a meltdown.

So this team better find some leaders, get right next week... And get ready for the thick of the schedule.

There's still plenty of opportunity this year. But last week did suck.

GBO🍊
Lost me at receivers being the second worst unit. Yikes to actually type and believe it. They may be our most talented position group on the entire team except RB.

Reactions: KptVFL and Orange.
i don’t know what’s going on over at the hill….My Nephew still knows some people in the football facility…. They are saying that the players just don’t seem to care. What has happened to our culture this year?
Lack of true leaders and ones stepping up are not the ones we need. Need to sit these entitled seniors that keep playing based on seniority. I believe that’s the biggest issue and let the young talent play hard.

Maybe they'll shock us and our outlook will improve over the next two weeks. Coach seems really frustrated, more so than usual after a loss. It borders on disgust. Its weird to me. My suspicion is the team is lacking strong leadership. Hendon was a very strong leader, not outspoken but he commanded respect by the way he carried himself. I can't identify anyone on this team that could fill that role. I posted he would be sorely missed and this season so far has reinforced that belief for me.
Joe is not an effective leader. Can’t pinpoint it. There’s nothing personally to dislike about him. But his game doesn’t buoy his team. I’m not so sure Halzle is going to work out either. Bad combo right now.

Lol. UF has the TB and a much weaker schedule.
Well, let's see:

We both play all other SECE teams
-both play UK and Mizzou on road,
-we play Jr at home, they them on the road
-we play UGA at home, they play neutral site
-we play Bama on road, they play LSU on road
-we play A&M at home, they play Ark at home

Sorry, I don't see it

Every Corp in America has diversity targets they are looking to hit.
That's different that refusing to hire someone based on their race. They are allowed to include diversity as a hiring goal without denying employment opportunities based on race. And The university isn't a private corporation, but a government institution.

Totally agree. Heupel was distraught during the press conference today. We’re missing Hooker in a big way. His leadership for sure but also his ability to make plays when the pocket breaks down.

The defensive game plan the other day was baffling. Why didn’t we go after the QB? Beamer and Rattler can’t wait to play us.

Hooker played the position as well as anyone to ever play at Tennessee, and that includes the guy named Peyton. Joe was never going to be that good, but I think the staff, like many fans, felt like he’d be a whole lot better than he has been so far, especially from a leadership perspective. Just seems like there is zero player leadership in the locker room right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back