Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milton is so clueless he doesn’t look at the play clock, waste of timeouts as a result. Looked like a high school quarterback trying to operate the offense. No pocket awareness, terrible footwork, afraid to run half the time. That’s without mentioning the accuracy. He is what he is and it ain’t changing
I’m going on further on my last post. I don’t like hating on players, they’re dependent on their coaches. Milton looks wooden and too mechanical and not at all relaxed this season and fluid in the pocket, totally different from the Orange Bowl. What’s the difference? I don’t know. am I blaming it on him? No, that’ll keep for another day.

Monday night chat on VQ AP said they go after 10-12 in the portal. Hubbs said 4 OL.
How do they know there will be that many players in the portal they want? Are we illegally communicating with players on other teams?

tenor.gif

Is it me or is Tenn not using the same offensive set that Heup has used from day 1 being here. I am talking about WR standing almost on the sidelines? I only seen that set maybe 4-5 times against Fla. Nobody has stopped that yet. UGA stopped it but I think TN let that crowd get to them more than GA stopping it. The one thing I did not get in the Fla game in the 2nd half was all those running plays especially on 2nd and forever , that 4th 1 where we was driving and got stopped was one of the worst play calls of the night. Everybody knew what was coming. Milton has to stop being scared of contact and run the ball and not out of bounds

What is every one's opinion of Elarbee? I thought he did a good job the first couple of years, but this year's OL is bad. He seems to have struggled recruiting higher rated OL. I'm questioning, is this year's OL an outlier, or is this what we can expect going forward? Does he have to have highly rated players to coach up? Not really sure what to think. Not like Martinez, who I absolutely believe needs to go and get replaced by better.

Reactions: vol_in_ga
I have zero people on ignore, but the last few days, it's been tempting to change that. I'm ready for this place to calm down.
I’ve put a couple people on ignore that I had stuck with for a long time, people who post a lot, and just I cannot take that level of toxicity anymore. Had enough of that during the Dooley, Butch, Pruitt years. NO MORE I SAY!

What is every one's opinion of Elarbee? I thought he did a good job the first couple of years, but this year's OL is bad. He seems to have struggled recruiting higher rated OL. I'm questioning, is this year's OL an outlier, or is this what we can expect going forward? Does he have to have highly rated players to coach up? Not really sure what to think. Not like Martinez, who I absolutely believe needs to go and get replaced by better.
Well he proved he could do more with less at other stops previously. Is it possible that the center position is that crucial to the performance of the whole unit? We lost what, Wright and carvin from last year but the line is otherwise unchanged? Returned mincey and crawford who played well last year. Spraggins who played well last year. Think Ollie needs to hang it up. And yes, OL recruiting needs to improve vastly. Watching uga do less with more is hard enough as it is. Got an ok ol class goin this year, but we really need some guys that are disciplined and overpowering when they step on the field. This ol doesn’t scare anyone.

I was really high on Elarbee.. after Florida game my confidence in him has definitely taken some hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back