Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let them wear it then. We are not a women's volleyball school like Nebraska. 😄

I thought it was a great idea for Pat as a one off last year, except I just knew instead of being appreciative, they would up the ante and say we have to wear them every year like a bunch of tyrants.

Can we get a separate NIL for football, so none of our money goes to those whiners and tyrannical jerks? I hereby renounce a lifetime of supporting the LVs.
1695099060373.gif

I can't find the participation chart for the game. Does anyone know where to look? I wanted to see who, if anyone, spelled Campbell and Davis and for how many snaps. Same with Karic and Spraggins.

Something else maybe to consider –

In 2022 we rushed for 227 yards in our win against Florida.

Generally it’s accepted that if you want to stop our offense, or really most offenses, you need to stop the run and make that offense one-dimensional.

This year we rushed for 100 yards against Florida.

Looking again at last year, Jabari Small rushed 19 times for 90 yards. Jaylen Wright rushed 10 times for 25 yards. That’s a total of 115 yards.

This year Jaylen Wright rushed 16 times for 63 yards and Jabari Small rushed 7 times for 35 yards. That’s a total of 98 yards, not a whole lot of difference, right?

Last year Hendon Hooker rushed 13 times for 112 yards, including 3 sacks.

Bru McCoy had 2 yards rushing this year so that got us to 100. Joe was credited with at least 5 rushing attempts including 1 sack for a net of 6 yards and the team had 1 unassigned attempt which lost 6 yards.

I think it’s apparent we may have really missed Hooker’s running ability in the game last Saturday. We definitely didn’t have the complementary production to our running backs we had in 2022 and they obviously couldn’t even begin to make up for Hooker’s absence. jmo.

I don’t remember but I suspect most of Hendon’s rushing yards not just for the Florida game last year but in general weren’t designed runs. He just made things happen. If he didn’t have a window to get the ball to one of our receivers and he could see grass in front of him he took off. jmo.

Anyway, maybe something to keep in mind when assessing our running game from this past week. Our running backs were about the same as last year in their production. jmo.

2022 Running backs against Florida with our 2022 offensive line 115 yards/29 attempts = 3.97 yards/attempt.
2023 Running backs against Florida with our 2023 offensive line 98 yards/23 attempts = 4.26 yards/attempt.

If we want to fix our running game maybe we need to restore the missing element, i.e. the rushing production by the QB. Nobody thinks our OL this year is better than our OL last year so it doesn't seem rational to have that for an expectation. jmo.
1695100591674.gif

We were close to leaving before the whistle Saturday and Heup dropping the timeout with 9 seconds left got me fired up again. I’m as mad as anyone we saw some piss poor effort in game, but I’m at least glad we didn’t leave without showing a little damn fight at the end. Eff the gators.
Didn’t FL coach call timeout with 14 seconds left on 3rd down?
Did the play clock expire?

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
We were close to leaving before the whistle Saturday and Heup dropping the timeout with 9 seconds left got me fired up again. I’m as mad as anyone we saw some piss poor effort in game, but I’m at least glad we didn’t leave without showing a little damn fight at the end. Eff the gators.
Yeah literally wouldn't have given a lizard if Omari Nick Chubbed Mertz

Okay I rewatched every offensive snap

I'm pretty sure only ridiculous TN fans would watch that and the only reaction be "Milton should never see the field again"

I just don't know how any rational human being that isn't influenced by some sort of BVS narrative spun since the Pitt game can sit there and say "Yep it's all on Joe!" Same people will say bench him and then cite 1,000 other issues other than Joe that are causing this team to struggle.

What QB's play great when every single drive starts with a false start?

Oh imagine this. You watch your defense get emasculated, you go out there, 90 thousand drunk smooth brains are screaming their faces off and you start your drive off behind the sticks with a false start. Then this thing called momentum comes into play...and now imagine that happens three drives in a row.

Florida bludgeons us, false start, super loud

Oh and then you get sacked or hit because you have former walk ons and back ups on offensive line.

Then the second half comes and you have two or three insane penalties totally derail your momentum along with more pressure and false starts/holding calls

Then despite all that you finish 287 2 TD's 1int.

Yep definitely all his fault 😂

I'm sorry, but we've seen it with this offense, if we have a ton of pre snap penalties we don't operate correctly and we don't win

Milton was no different from Hooker in Gainesville in 2021 (probably better really) or any other sloppy road/home losses where we got whipped up front and got penalized a ton.

It literally will not matter who QB is for us, if you get killed at the line of scrimmage and you start multiple drives in a row with false starts and holds you will probably lose.

First drive, amazing, 6 plays TD. Second drive, 16 pass to Squirrel, we are really rolling! False start happens. Destroys our rhythm, changes play calling, makes everything way more difficult to execute and you're on the road. Every football team struggles when that is an issue and especially when you couple that with your defense getting killed and your o-line can't block.

We ain't doin squat with no QB if our offensive line doesn't get fixed.

And the missing class of '21 is showing up. There are only 10 of them and only 1 is OL. Someone's parting gift.
Yep and maybe we'll have to have 1 more heavy transfer portal class. Just depends on how many sticks it out and matures . Just hope Nico is who we all think he is.

Reactions: Netterweb
Yep and maybe we'll have to have 1 more heavy transfer portal class. Just depends on how many sticks it out and matures . Just hope Nico is who we all think he is.
We've seen him play. I'm pretty sure he's as advertised.

A lot of these kids played multiple sports. Ainge was a baseball and football player. Nico is no different. Needs to sit and learn.

Trot him out there now and he'd get murderized behind this rag tag.

We've seen him play. I'm pretty sure he's as advertised.

A lot of these kids played multiple sports. Ainge was a baseball and football player. Nico is no different. Needs to sit and learn.

Trot him out there now and he'd get murderized behind this rag tag.
The oline needs to step up now with Mays coming back or this season could get ugly. Also the defense has to play better, breaking in young lber's is tough learning curve.

Maybe they'll shock us and our outlook will improve over the next two weeks. Coach seems really frustrated, more so than usual after a loss. It borders on disgust. Its weird to me. My suspicion is the team is lacking strong leadership. Hendon was a very strong leader, not outspoken but he commanded respect by the way he carried himself. I can't identify anyone on this team that could fill that role. I posted he would be sorely missed and this season so far has reinforced that belief for me.

Yeah, It seems to me he is saying the problem out loud.

Okay I rewatched every offensive snap

I'm pretty sure only ridiculous TN fans would watch that and the only reaction be "Milton should never see the field again"

I just don't know how any rational human being that isn't influenced by some sort of BVS narrative spun since the Pitt game can sit there and say "Yep it's all on Joe!" Same people will say bench him and then cite 1,000 other issues other than Joe that are causing this team to struggle.

What QB's play great when every single drive starts with a false start?

Oh imagine this. You watch your defense get emasculated, you go out there, 90 thousand drunk smooth brains are screaming their faces off and you start your drive off behind the sticks with a false start. Then this thing called momentum comes into play...and now imagine that happens three drives in a row.

Florida bludgeons us, false start, super loud

Oh and then you get sacked or hit because you have former walk ons and back ups on offensive line.

Then the second half comes and you have two or three insane penalties totally derail your momentum along with more pressure and false starts/holding calls

Then despite all that you finish 287 2 TD's 1int.

Yep definitely all his fault 😂

I'm sorry, but we've seen it with this offense, if we have a ton of pre snap penalties we don't operate correctly and we don't win

Milton was no different from Hooker in Gainesville in 2021 (probably better really) or any other sloppy road/home losses where we got whipped up front and got penalized a ton.

It literally will not matter who QB is for us, if you get killed at the line of scrimmage and you start multiple drives in a row with false starts and holds you will probably lose.

First drive, amazing, 6 plays TD. Second drive, 16 pass to Squirrel, we are really rolling! False start happens. Destroys our rhythm, changes play calling, makes everything way more difficult to execute and you're on the road. Every football team struggles when that is an issue and especially when you couple that with your defense getting killed and your o-line can't block.

We ain't doin squat with no QB if our offensive line doesn't get fixed.
Shhhh. You’re making too much sense. People here won’t like that.

My 2 cents, HH and company showed us what this offense can look like. We are all disappointed it does not. But face it, we have OL issues big time. Milton does not have a clean pocket. The entire offense needs to get better.

Recruiting is in its second class on the field. We all know first classes aren’t that good. We’ve had 1 full class of recruits. We need to chill. This is a rebuild year.

Reactions: headhunter15
i don’t know what’s going on over at the hill….My Nephew still knows some people in the football facility…. They are saying that the players just don’t seem to care. What has happened to our culture this year?
No offense to you but it’s always funny seeing these rumors after a tough loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back