Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from the OL being an offensive limitation, there's ad admittance that Joe's inaccuracy on intermediate throws has limited the offense and playcalling.

[I think, basically, he's already inaccurate on those throws and he's going to get pressured on those dropbacks so they're trying to beat teams in the short game, run game, and deep shots (so like... the Titans offense).]

The opinion is that Joe has two weeks to get it down. Clock is ticking. They're giving him the chance but they're willing to move on basically.

Aside from the OL being an offensive limitation, there's ad admittance that Joe's inaccuracy on intermediate throws has limited the offense and playcalling.

[I think, basically, he's already inaccurate on those throws and he's going to get pressured on those dropbacks so they're trying to beat teams in the short game, run game, and deep shots (so like... the Titans offense).]

The opinion is that Joe has two weeks to get it down. Clock is ticking. They're giving him the chance but they're willing to move on basically.
Thank God it’s hunting season.

Swain pissed on his show this morning. Said he will not defend poor effort, and there are players that need to be benched- both seniors and younger guys for lack of effort.

Also said there is no play we can run that would make Milton look good with our Line’s performance and that it is not Milton’s fault.

Well if the narrative is Joe has 2 weeks...then Nico needs at least 50% of practice snaps to get him ready!!!

@VolsDoc81TX is still a few days behind. He may not even know we fired Banks (again), benched Milton for Nico, and put Heupel on the seat.

I… envy him.
Unfortunately not so much.
I saw some good in the game. I saw some bad. I’m very tired of the obvious referee miscalls.

I’m very disappointed in the players who made poor choices, got caught and made their teammates pay for it with the absence from the game.

I’m interested to see if the team can man up and recover from an embarrassing loss or will they quit and pack it in as so many “fans” on VN have done?

I’m not going to give up

14-1 🤠

I have temporary mid-insider info. I feel better than I did.

Slaughter was not suspended and is in fact injured. He is expected to be available for South Carolina.

Mincey was 100% on himself. He wasn't suspended for weed he was suspended for curfew. He's our best right tackle if he gets out of his own way.

Mays had 3 hernias operated on. He's been cleared by UT to play but has been advised by his own Drs. to wait until October so that's what he's doing. That likely explains the mixups in what Heupel says vs rumors of time he's out. He's expected to play against Texas A&M.
Tell Coop’s doctors when you see them that the SC game is on the 30th, and that’s practically October.

"Divided locker room" talk is not accurate from what I've heard. They're down and angry. Some teammates aren't happy with Mays for holding out but I also understand why he's doing it.

Banks called a good second half but his first half game plan was bad.

My personal thoughts: I think the defense is hamstrung a bit. Our DBs aren't good enough to give the defensive line a break. We're only successful when the DL is told to go get it. But they can't do that the entire game, especially if the opponent is sustaining long drives. Or when 1 young guy is undisciplined and lets the QB leak out, or like when Herring didn't track the TE on UFs touchdown pass. Pearce had Mertz, but Herring went for Mertz and let the TE run out in the flat unmarked. Luckily we have a deeper rotation this year but its a lot of young guys.

I think we see a more of a disruptive DL starting going forward but they might get gassed as the game wears on.
We have like 17 DBs on scholarship and still play the same ones as the last couple years. Maybe try new DBs for once and see what happens.

i don’t know what’s going on over at the hill….My Nephew still knows some people in the football facility…. They are saying that the players just don’t seem to care. What has happened to our culture this year?
Come, on. Posting third hand rumors, especially of this type. This is ridiculous. Even if it is true, which I personally highly doubt, it does not need to be shared here. Lame.

So basically we can expect them to work Nico into the starting lineup in the bye week if Milton can’t start hitting on the intermediate throws?

Swain pissed on his show this morning. Said he will not defend poor effort, and there are players that need to be benched- both seniors and younger guys for lack of effort.

Also said there is no play we can run that would make Milton look good with our Line’s performance and that it is not Milton’s fault.
Not to rain on anyone’s opinion but many of our “voices” are being told what to say and get information from our staff to relay. They want some looking bad and building others up.

It’s easy to say the O line didn’t play well because you’re not throwing one player under the bus and can hide who you want to talk about. Or effort from some doesn’t oust some.

If you say the QB plays horrible, then it gets back to that player and makes everyone mad. Take their info with a grain of salt. Much like VQ notes on practice and then those players not being good.

Random thought.

Is it possibly a hazard to facetime, on speakerphone - while walking to your terminal at an airport? I mean, you're yelling whilst walking. Obviously not paying attention.

I swear, some of us just werent meant to go out in public
Reminds me of this great scene…

Reminds me of this great scene…

Such a thing of beauty. And, sadly I am a lot like that in public. Maybe not QUITE that big of a dick. But, Larry just says what we're all thinking.

Edit: Ok, just helped an old lady carry her heavy bag onto the plane. Larry would have gone into some entitled speech about how she didnt thank him correctly.

Not to rain on anyone’s opinion but many of our “voices” are being told what to say and get information from our staff to relay. They want some looking bad and building others up.

It’s easy to say the O line didn’t play well because you’re not throwing one player under the bus and can hide who you want to talk about. Or effort from some doesn’t oust some.

If you say the QB plays horrible, then it gets back to that player and makes everyone mad. Take their info with a grain of salt. Much like VQ notes on practice and then those players not being good.
Honestly, I don’t really need VQ, 99.1, Basilio, or anyone else to craft a narrative for me. I’ve watched the games, and neither the OL nor the QB are playing remotely good enough to win meaningful games, right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back