Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have like 17 DBs on scholarship and still play the same ones as the last couple years. Maybe try new DBs for once and see what happens.
Hadden doesn't need to see the field again simple due to pitiful effort. If your effort is so low that folks can reasonably ask if you're point-shaving, then you shouldn't play. I think McCullough is one of the least physically gifted guys in the secondary, but he seems to go all out every play and that should at least be appreciated.

"Divided locker room" talk is not accurate from what I've heard. They're down and angry. Some teammates aren't happy with Mays for holding out but I also understand why he's doing it.

Banks called a good second half but his first half game plan was bad.

My personal thoughts: I think the defense is hamstrung a bit. Our DBs aren't good enough to give the defensive line a break. We're only successful when the DL is told to go get it. But they can't do that the entire game, especially if the opponent is sustaining long drives. Or when 1 young guy is undisciplined and lets the QB leak out, or like when Herring didn't track the TE on UFs touchdown pass. Pearce had Mertz, but Herring went for Mertz and let the TE run out in the flat unmarked. Luckily we have a deeper rotation this year but its a lot of young guys.

I think we see a more of a disruptive DL starting going forward but they might get gassed as the game wears on.
Put those 4* freshmen db’s in the game. Sit everyone else in the secondary besides Slaughter. We already know what our seniors are, NOT GOOD. They have peaked, time for new blood in the secondary. Pili being out has really hurt the front 7.

Honestly, I don’t really need VQ, 99.1, Basilio, or anyone else to craft a narrative for me. I’ve watched the games, and neither the OL nor the QB are playing remotely good enough to win meaningful games, right now.
I really think the o-line is going to look solid once Mays gets back. Joe has shown some flashes when they let him throw it down the field and I expect him to do better when Mays is back. My main concern with Joe is that he can't keep the offense running at the tempo we're used to seeing.

Honestly, I don’t really need VQ, 99.1, Basilio, or anyone else to craft a narrative for me. I’ve watched the games, and neither the OL nor the QB are playing remotely good enough to win meaningful games, right now.
Exactly.

DB play is awful
OL play is bad (mostly right side to me)
QB play is bad

I hope they use this week to tweak the DBs and OL. Also, get Nico ready to go. We shall see what happens.

My guess is they don’t make many changes and only truly start to play other players if we lose to South Carolina.

I have temporary mid-insider info. I feel better than I did.

Slaughter was not suspended and is in fact injured. He is expected to be available for South Carolina.

Mincey was 100% on himself. He wasn't suspended for weed he was suspended for curfew. He's our best right tackle if he gets out of his own way.

Mays had 3 hernias operated on. He's been cleared by UT to play but has been advised by his own Drs. to wait until October so that's what he's doing. That likely explains the mixups in what Heupel says vs rumors of time he's out. He's expected to play against Texas A&M.
He'll play against USCjr.

Hadden doesn't need to see the field again simple due to pitiful effort. If your effort is so low that folks can reasonably ask if you're point-shaving, then you shouldn't play. I think McCullough is one of the least physically gifted guys in the secondary, but he seems to go all out every play and that should at least be appreciated.
I appreciate Tanks effort but this isn’t Rudy. You have to play better players if others aren’t performing to a standard.

This is the University of Tennessee and one of the top ten programs in all of college football. We have to start demanding this program be one of the top programs in America year in and out. No excuse to be below programs like SC, Mizzou, KY, etc. and worry about truly losing to those teams.

The only programs we should typically battle with year in and out is UF, Bama, and UGA. Then maybe a year outlier for a good outlier team from one of the ones said above.

Aside from the OL being an offensive limitation, there's ad admittance that Joe's inaccuracy on intermediate throws has limited the offense and playcalling.

[I think, basically, he's already inaccurate on those throws and he's going to get pressured on those dropbacks so they're trying to beat teams in the short game, run game, and deep shots (so like... the Titans offense).]

The opinion is that Joe has two weeks to get it down. Clock is ticking. They're giving him the chance but they're willing to move on basically.
Where is this coming from?

Exactly.

DB play is awful
OL play is bad (mostly right side to me)
QB play is bad

I hope they use this week to tweak the DBs and OL. Also, get Nico ready to go. We shall see what happens.

My guess is they don’t make many changes and only truly start to play other players if we lose to South Carolina.
I feel bad for Spraggins because he's a good o-lineman but he's been surrounded by Crawford (who struggles on the right side) and Lane/Davis. Put Mays back at center and Mincey at tackle and the o-line looks a lot better...just have to avoid injuries and give some backups some hard coaching to get them to improve ASAP.

The one thing that would make this offense more explosive is if Milton would be more decisive in running the football. It is what it is with his accuracy or whatever...it's his 6th year...that ain't changing....but if he would just use his legs more this offense would actually be more proficient.

That what made or offense so deadly with Hooker...the defenses had to choose what they wanted to get beat by....Hookers legs or his arm.

I appreciate Tanks effort but this isn’t Rudy. You have to play better players if others aren’t performing to a standard.

This is the University of Tennessee and one of the top ten programs in all of college football. We have to start demanding this program be one of the top programs in America year in and out. No excuse to be below programs like SC, Mizzou, KY, etc. and worry about truly losing to those teams.

The only programs we should typically battle with year in and out is UF, Bama, and UGA. Then maybe a year outlier for a good outlier team from one of the ones said above.
I don't disagree. I kind of wonder if Tank is still starting because he's the only one that knows all his assignments and doesn't have busts. The need to at least rotate him out and let some other guys get a chance to prove themselves. This weekend would be a good opportunity, and I bet we see more rotation in the secondary.

Maybe you should start hoarding them again to right this ship. You threw off our chi ☯️ by being someone you’re not.
YARN | What do you want from me? What do people want from me? | Teen Wolf |  Video clips by quotes | 7be436ac | 紗

i interpret it as if Joe is still massively struggling to get the offense going in general then yes.
Do you get the sense that if we have a first half this weekend like the did against AP that we would throw Nico in for a few series to get him more reps or to see if he can spark the offense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back