Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave my coffee out of this 😂
Really concerned about rotation for playoffs ....Clayton is great and a future HOF but him pitching 2 games in best of 5... and 3 games in a best of 7 eeeh idk...but no one else to lead with .....Bobby Miller too young to be that guy rite now...

Funny to see people continue to call the “hit” at the end of the game dirty… they called it targeting and then picked up the flag. They didn’t even say it was a late hit or unnecessary roughness
If you dance around and I get within a step then you are fair game. Our guy pulled off the hit.

Just going to call you mr excuse bc that is all I have seen from you the last few days for any argument. Doesn’t matter what is presented or the actual facts, you make something up to fit your narrative.
you must have my opinions confused with someone else bc i haven’t made an excuse for anything….. This comment was mainly tongue in cheek…. Swain use to be independent(.at least something similar) with the swain event…. Now he is on 99.1 which is the talking head of the Vols.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
Yea… if it was actually a dirty hit Mertz would have been knocked out and a lot worse than his flopping
I’m old.
I remember when a Barn QB was supposed to take a knee to end a game and our guys just accepted it. The Barn QB snuck around the side and scored another TD.
I say if you dance around instead of taking the knee you get what you deserve

To say he hasnt played in hostile environments or big stadiums is a weak argument. It's solely based on the fact he was at BYU but ignores that BYU actually schedules games against big Power 5 opponents. USC, Notre Dame, Oregon, Arkansas, Tennessee are just a handful in the time he was at BYU.
i don’t really care either way… just that the game against BYU wasn’t rocking… we were a defeated bunch of fans that day.

Funny to see people continue to call the “hit” at the end of the game dirty… they called it targeting and then picked up the flag. They didn’t even say it was a late hit or unnecessary roughness
I'm telling you, people repeat and believe what the voiceover (announcer) says and discount their direct experience. It happens in all broadcasts. The TV people blamed it on Heupel's timeout and the hit. He barely shoulder tapped him. A Florida player who was blocking was knocked into the QB and that was the majority of the blow, and then Mertz flopped. What reinforces the truth of the voiceover is everyone else also repeating it. It's uncanny.

The very same thing with what people repeat about Milton that is generally not true. For example, I heard a million people today repeat the announcer's little statistic (that TV had written up and was waiting for the chance to use) that "Milton hasn't thrown a touchdown pass while on the run." Well, turn off the sound and look at the damn play; rewatch it in slow mo. FL collaspses the pocket like they did just about every single play of the game. They are also playing under control and doing their job, not leaving their lanes. FL's guy on the left edge beats our RT and is about to sack Milton. There is no time to do anything. Milton runs through what last year would have been a seam behind the guard. But the DT beats his man enough to grab Milton; but Milton breaks the arm tackle, then rolls right. The LB who is spying Milton is barreling down on him at lightning speed and hits Milton a tiny fraction of a second after Milton is forced to hurry the throw. It's really impressive that he got the pass off. Now look downfield. FL was beating us with 2 fewer players in the box all damn day. That means they have a big numerical advantage in the secondary: absolutely no one is open. He throws it anyway and it is incomplete but it doesn't matter because there is no one who did not have tacklers right behind them. Most targets were double covered. This is "Milton can't throw on the run."

I could go on. FL basically played pass defense with a numerical advantage in the secondary all day, and dared us to run when we had an 8-on-6 or 7-on-5 advantage in the box. And we could not do it. When we elected to throw they pressured Milton nearly every play with 4 guys. They very rarely blitzed. They rarely made mental mistakes. Every guy kept to his responsibility and en masse they each collapsed the pocket on our QB. The lanes that HH used to take advantage of did not exist. They had 7 in coverage (counting the two non-blitzing LBs) because we could not win with numbers. They tipped, I think, four passes (which are scored as incompletes) and they hit Milton more than half the time he threw into 7 man coverage, and hurried him most of the remainder.

That tired ass litany of screens was not because of Joe; they were because we could not block. Joe actually did better when they let him throw downfield into 7-man coverage.

Sorry, I just had to vent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back