Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I rewatched every offensive snap

I'm pretty sure only ridiculous TN fans would watch that and the only reaction be "Milton should never see the field again"

I just don't know how any rational human being that isn't influenced by some sort of BVS narrative spun since the Pitt game can sit there and say "Yep it's all on Joe!" Same people will say bench him and then cite 1,000 other issues other than Joe that are causing this team to struggle.

What QB's play great when every single drive starts with a false start?

Oh imagine this. You watch your defense get emasculated, you go out there, 90 thousand drunk smooth brains are screaming their faces off and you start your drive off behind the sticks with a false start. Then this thing called momentum comes into play...and now imagine that happens three drives in a row.

Florida bludgeons us, false start, super loud

Oh and then you get sacked or hit because you have former walk ons and back ups on offensive line.

Then the second half comes and you have two or three insane penalties totally derail your momentum along with more pressure and false starts/holding calls

Then despite all that you finish 287 2 TD's 1int.

Yep definitely all his fault 😂

I'm sorry, but we've seen it with this offense, if we have a ton of pre snap penalties we don't operate correctly and we don't win

Milton was no different from Hooker in Gainesville in 2021 (probably better really) or any other sloppy road/home losses where we got whipped up front and got penalized a ton.

It literally will not matter who QB is for us, if you get killed at the line of scrimmage and you start multiple drives in a row with false starts and holds you will probably lose.

First drive, amazing, 6 plays TD. Second drive, 16 pass to Squirrel, we are really rolling! False start happens. Destroys our rhythm, changes play calling, makes everything way more difficult to execute and you're on the road. Every football team struggles when that is an issue and especially when you couple that with your defense getting killed and your o-line can't block.

We ain't doin squat with no QB if our offensive line doesn't get fixed.
Cole Cubelic had very interesting and insightful things to say about our offense problems Saturday. Those who want to know what others have to say, you might as well listen to someone who knows what he's talking about.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
Some dude called me earlier saying he was Freak and I already gave it. He has a thick accent btw.
Yeah I'm not sure why he needs it but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Spyre. When I tried to ask questions he said I wasn't a VFL.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Anybody else getting a VN message about push notifications at bottom of screen? I have no idea what it is or does.

He started practicing last week and he's been working for two weeks now. He can probably condition just no lifting. If he's cleared by UT to play right now then he's probably good to start increasing his workload. He's got 4 weeks essentially, and will be full-go in practice for 2 weeks I'd bet.
I maybe wrong, but if he’s listening to his personal doctors versus UT doctors, he’s being cautious looking forward. Can’t blame him. This is him looking at long term and getting into the league.

No offense to you but it’s always funny seeing these rumors after a tough loss
In and of itself, this comment doesn't bother me a bit. It's not unusual. Much more interested in how many and who are they.

I'm not an insider in any way, of any team, but I have no doubt that every college team in the country has players who 'don't care'. Or maybe more accurately, don't care as much as others. Or so it seems to someone watching.

It would be very difficult for a player who has been around awhile and not getting playing time, to be as motivated as others. That's not right, but understandable.

As badly as we played the first half, everyone in Tennessee Orange in that stadium stayed until the end…because we all believed we could come back. I couldn’t see the missed calls, the kick, or the bad calls from where we sat and they didn’t do replays so it wasn’t until the next day that i was able to understand and put it in perspective. The fact remains, though, we stayed.
I absolutely love that. Thank you and all the Vols who there! You rock!

I don't know what a few people were smoking who falsely claimed there was lack of effort. Our guys busted ass. Especially when we came out in the second half in not-to-be-denied mode. (Now if someone wants to clain that KH started "quit," that is its own case, and in no way reflected on anyone else I saw.)

I really think there's going to be improvement. And after I finished my rant (sorta embarrassing) I realized how much I really care for our guys.

Among other things, he said their DL, mainly 99, was responsible for our problems. 99 stuffed everything and allowed them to be light (in number) on the line, but still stop the run. So they could still defend the pass well. We can usually count on breaking a couple of those screens for big gains each game, but their defense made that tough.

He also said Vol fans would put it on Milton, but that Milton's struggles were because of the OLine struggles.

Of course, he also mentioned our tackling problems, and that their OC schemed well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back