Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oldest son had a 70 yard kickoff return for a TD today in his middle school game. So proud watching him celebrate with his team in the endzone
Pics or it didnā€™t happen.

I keedā€¦ congrats!

My sons are playing on the same baseball team this year. Pitcher and catcher, now thatā€™s a pretty sweet sight to this dadā€™s eyes. He struck out the side to win the game while lil bro caught last night. That was so cool.

you must have my opinions confused with someone else bc i havenā€™t made an excuse for anythingā€¦.. This comment was mainly tongue in cheekā€¦. Swain use to be independent(.at least something similar) with the swain eventā€¦. Now he is on 99.1 which is the talking head of the Vols.
I apologize. I definitely did confuse yours with someone else. Thank you for handling it with grace not shown to you.

By the A&M game Mays will not be in game shape. I doubt he's been able to doing much strength and conditioning while out. I hope I'm wrong, but it'll be difficult for him to play at a high level.
He started practicing last week and he's been working for two weeks now. He can probably condition just no lifting. If he's cleared by UT to play right now then he's probably good to start increasing his workload. He's got 4 weeks essentially, and will be full-go in practice for 2 weeks I'd bet.

They basically beat us athletically upfront when we were on offense. And I think the scheme was modeled what GA did. It's surprising they could do that without blitzing.

It's amazing that, despite all that, we still had a chance to win in the 4th quarter. You can see that the alleged PI no calls were PI, and wait to you see the flag they throw one of the only times we win at pass protection. It was stupid wrong and was obviously for the purpose of nullifying a first down or touchdown in case of completion. The facemask tackle on Milton's two-point conversion can be seen. One of Milton's "overthrows" was a guy holding our jersey until he was too far behind his spot to catch anything. The official holding the ball for FL to substitute was even more infuriating. (That was just about the only time in the game when Fl had everyone in the box.) I wished we'd gambled and checked into a throw. Anyway, it was a terribly officiated game, and the calls and non-calls couldn't be more strategic if you were playing a board game where you competed to make the most strategic calls.

I don't see the point of all the check-with-me chaos. That is what slowed down the tempo and put us into maximum chaos. It's not a matter of Joe can't run the offense imo. Just go with what we call in all that noise. And it looked like we just zone blocked all day because we didn't have anyone as an OL "quarterback," unless Joe was doing it when he had to waste clock walking up and down the line shouting the call in the noise nearly every late sideline check.

Joe threw some absolute dimes at times. I think (and I am not claiming to be an expert) we are going to have to win against good teams throwing into unfavorable numbers if we can't block. Just turn Joe loose and don't complain wherever he throws it. The opposite of the screen passes is our best option. It was a nightmare. šŸ˜‚ I'm going to take off for a bit here, after that second look at our offense. It was more surprising that the original watch in ways.

Last edited:
Pics or it didnā€™t happen.

I keedā€¦ congrats!

My sons are playing on the same baseball team this year. Pitcher and catcher, now thatā€™s a pretty sweet sight to this dadā€™s eyes. He struck out the side to win the game while lil bro caught last night. That was so cool.
I'll get some pics to share this season!

Nothing more special, or nerve-wracking, than watching my children play the sports they love

I will say both our RBs were ballers, as were Bru and Squirrel. And we did have success the one time that I remember that we ran power (pulling guard and TE) at the point of the attack. Someone who knows more than I might inform me why we didn't do that more than once. Maybe there was no one calling assignments on the line and everyone just zone blocked for 60 minutes. I don't think Joe played poorly after what I saw him up against. I'm not going to talk about our defense except to say that we didn't have any assignment discipline at LB, and someone noted that the misdirection was likely something FL saw Austin Peay do regularly with success. I'm not going to talk about the DBs. Just not. Take care.

Oldest son had a 70 yard kickoff return for a TD today in his middle school game. So proud watching him celebrate with his team in the endzone
I doubt I could even walk 70 yds anymore without needing to sit down and rest along the way..... twice.

We weren't boring in the second half until an uncalled PI in the endzone preempted one touchdown and a šŸ‚šŸ’© blindside block call ended a second TD drive. The official kicking the ball, and another stopping the clock after Ollie had already reset it and was ready to snap was another, and allowing substitutions and disrupting our rhythm completely killed yet another drive. We were very exciting. It was going to top the comeback at ND back in the day. We were going to Florida Florida at Florida. JMO.

If that had happened, everything in the first half would have remained the exactly the same, but everything would be in a dramatically different light.
As badly as we played the first half, everyone in Tennessee Orange in that stadium stayed until the endā€¦because we all believed we could come back. I couldnā€™t see the missed calls, the kick, or the bad calls from where we sat and they didnā€™t do replays so it wasnā€™t until the next day that i was able to understand and put it in perspective. The fact remains, though, we stayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back