Recruiting Football Talk VII

i agree with most of that….. it wasn’t just one person though… i have read several times about different culture issues on the hill. We have already had the dreaded team meeting…. i have never seen that as a good sign… it usually means that there are deeper issues…

Hopefully Tennessee starts playing better and this will seem like a bunch of nonsense by the end of the year.

LoL @ "cultures issues." My goodness, OP is just pulling things out of his backside for internet clout.

All we've heard since CJH has been HC is how he's changed the culture for the good, and now there are "culture issues" after one loss? At least be consistent in your trolling.

LoL @ "cultures issues." My goodness, OP is just pulling things out of his backside for internet clout.

All we've heard since CJH has been HC is how he's changed the culture for the good, and now there are "culture issues" after one loss? At least be consistent in your trolling.
internet clout and calling me a troll….. that’s hilarious….. thanks for the laugh.

Can't lower expectations or write off the season this early. The team has to take it one game at a time. Last year's offense was great fun. Grinding out ugly wins won't be, but finding ways to win with what we have is the only way to keep momentum going. Turn it around before SCAR and use Neyland as a weapon.

Can't lower expectations or write off the season this early. The team has to take it one game at a time. Last year's offense was great fun. Grinding out ugly wins won't be, but finding ways to win with what we have is the only way to keep momentum going. Turn it around before SCAR and use Neyland as a weapon.
SCAR game is huge…. we can’t lose to Beamer.

He couldn't have rolled out if he wanted, they held contain.
He could have after the initial movement. But then he stepped up into the pocket into the defender.

Worst case he throws that ball early before he even needed to escape pressure, to the crossing route (leads him) and it’s completed.

If we have another Peay performance this weekend followed by a loss against Scar, I bet Nico will be getting a lonnnnnggggg look during the bye week and going into the A&M game. Not saying everything is on Milton, but this team would need a change at that point.

Reactions: berryvol
I don't think Milton is at all the problem. I keep seeing a lot of complaints about not throwing the ball down field or trusting Milton in the throw game. Throughout the game, UF gave us a 5 man box with a two high shell. Numbers say you run the football against that box all day, and that's what we tried to do. The problem was a lack of a push upfront for the most part. We had 5 to block 5 and couldn't get the job done. That, combined with our numerous pre-snap penalties, led to our ultimate offensive ineptitude. Getting Cooper back will help tremendously in our zone blocking scheme, and hopefully with those pre-snap penalties as well. Later in the game, we were forced to air it out regardless of the numbers in the box, which I thought Milton done a fairly decent job of. We just struggled to finish drives.

Milton is a poor man's Anthony Richardson. Will wow you with a deep dime like he did to Thornton and then throw a 4th down pass in the dirt. Richardson was at least deadly with his legs. 44 on D stood out to me. so did 5 but in a different way. Y'all really need the center to come back. That was critical for UF getting theirs back.
Yooo welcome back! Glad to see Kaidon killing it wish he was still here.

Not after last year. Not two years in a row. Not in Neyland.
Yeah, it's more than not losing though. Kinda needs to be a massive beatdown.

Edit: Should clarify, a W is critical to saving the season, the massive beatdown is more about restoring balance to the universe.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's more than not losing though. Kinda needs to be a massive beatdown.

Edit: Should clarify, a W is critical to saving the season, the massive beatdown is more about restoring balance to the universe.
A beatdown would be cathartic... but I'll take any win, any way we can get it. We'll probably have some nail-biters.

It would take a Milton injury. That's what put Hooker on the field. Unless Nico plays this week (which he won't), at almost any point it will be throwing Nico to the wolves.
I've seen some posts over the last few weeks on TOS about Nico recovering from injury or not being 100% that the mods have danced around. They never address it directly, which is curious.

Reactions: KptVFL
He could have after the initial movement. But then he stepped up into the pocket into the defender.

Worst case he throws that ball early before he even needed to escape pressure, to the crossing route (leads him) and it’s completed.
That's not the worst case because as many of us realize, Milton often throws passes slightly behind his receivers.

You know I've seen that happen in aikido but it's usually in the context of a sensei doing a demonstration or a lesson on specific move sets. I'm not sure what I'd do if someone with perfect technique and the perfect body for that technique (and she really is built for what she's doing) started busting heads at my local fast food joint. She tossed him around like a 14 year old beating on a 6 year old.

This receiver was wide open on the errant throw it up ball that got intercepted. It was also open the whole time (Joe could have thrown it before he got close to getting hit)

Also, if you rewatch this throw, protection wasn’t that bad. Joe stepped up and left into the guy instead of rolling left or rolling right away from the pressure.

This was a bad play by Joe and he did not make a good decision. He had his eyes down field the whole time (he is staring the receiver down) when he could have hit this check down and got massive yards. (There is literally just green grass in front of this receiver)

View attachment 580744

Two were wide open that play. Joe took his time that play. Even as the UF player comes after him he had a ton of time to dump it off or throw it away.

This team needs to make an example out of UTSA this weekend and get the momentum rolling back on our side going into the crucial stretch of SCjr and TAMU. Go into the bye week @ 5-1 with things clicking and hopefully relatively healthy and get ready to play a Bama team that is at its weakest its been in years.

They haven't played a decent game yet. Game 4 is when new WRs and the offense synced in years prior I'm hoping we do again. If not, it may be a long season.

Reactions: johnfnkelly
They haven't played a decent game yet. Game 4 is when new WRs and the offense synced in years prior I'm hoping we do again. If not, it may be a long season.
I’ve noticed every year since Heup has been here the offense has taken a few games to break in, but when it does finally click— it explodes.

Austin was trying to get us ready. We were just in denial. We couldn’t block them with our OL and that should have been our sign.
I was at that game, and the OL issues were from mostly blitzes. We did fine blocking one on one. We finished with 7.1 yards per rush.

They would play 2 high safeties, and we threw a lot of short stuff. Then, on 3rd downs, they brought the house. Either, we had long developing plays, the OL couldn’t block for another split second, or we didn’t run Joe. We didn’t burn them. It was clear sitting in the stadium.

If you had kids, or, werent such a giant fuzzball. You'd see that wooing, during the singing of Rocky Top is not as egregious as say, oh I dunno. Notification whoring, er hoarding.
I'm not so sure that wooing during Rocky Top isn't responsible for the downfall of Fulmer, Mike Hamilton, Lane Kiffin, Derek Dooley, Butch Jones, and Jeremy Pruitt. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced all of that was caused by wooing during Rocky Top. So I hope all you wooers are happy.

VN Store

Back