Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some beers MUST be kept cold or they will spoil quickly. And those are usually specialty beers that won’t sell fast.

So those will just be unavailable in the state.
Yeah, I see this having an impact on the many craft breweries that have opened in TN over the past decade. The craft beer boom may be on the decline, but this will no doubt further impact these businesses sales in retail.

I already told you. It’s clear you’re simply assuming this is going to achieve what it’s aiming to, without considering that it might also alter behaviors in ways that are counterproductive. All at the burden of people responsibly buying cold beer to consume once they get home.
Unless I missed it, your answer is that it will inconvenience people?

I don’t assume anything. You are assuming what I think. I don’t think there is some magic law or bill that will keep drunk driving or alcoholism from being a thing. Prohibition clearly didn’t work so why would I think this law would magically eradicate drinking and driving? I don’t know what the answer is for the problem, but I think maybe if it just keeps a few people off the road drinking and driving, at the expense of “inconveniencing” someone, if it saves ONE life, then it’s worth it.

Plan better. Make sure you have cold beer on hand in the fridge when you get home, or at whatever your destination is.

I’m not sure I even think the proposed bill is a great idea, but I’m not dismissing It out of hand.

Im on the opposite side of this debate than probably 95% of the population. I think alcohol can ruin lives the same way drugs can, it’s just more socially acceptable and even promoted. . I’m NOT saying everyone who drinks will become an alcoholic. But for the ones that DO become alcoholics, it destroys their lives and their families.

I don’t assume anything. You are assuming what I think. I don’t think there is some magic law or bill that will keep drunk driving or alcoholism from being a thing. Prohibition clearly didn’t work so why would I think this law would magically eradicate drinking and driving? I don’t know what the answer is for the problem, but I think maybe if it just keeps a few people off the road drinking and driving, at the expense of “inconveniencing” someone, if it saves ONE life, then it’s worth it.

Plan better. Make sure you have cold beer on hand in the fridge when you get home, or at whatever your destination is.

I’m not sure I even think the proposed bill is a great idea, but I’m not dismissing It out of hand.

Im on the opposite side of this debate than probably 95% of the population. I think alcohol can ruin lives the same way drugs can, it’s just more socially acceptable and even promoted. . I’m NOT saying everyone who drinks will become an alcoholic. But for the ones that DO become alcoholics, it destroys their lives and their families.
The bill is a stupid idea.

You’re misrepresenting my point on purpose, and you know it.

Good day to you.

Reactions: Kristy*
Why would it annoy responsible consumers? A RESPONSIBLE consumer would be popping it open from the store and DRIVING home would they? So at that point, what does it matter if it’s cold?
B double E double R U N. Beer run. All we need is a 10 and a fiver a car and a key and a sober driver…and a couple of hours for the beer to sit in the fridge when the sober driver gets back to the house.

Yeah, as a responsible consumer of alcohol, I’m agin it.

I once watched my Aunt’s cat catch a bird mid air, kill it and play with the dead corpse. Then immediately went inside and got in my Aunt’s bed, I didn’t have the heart to tell her what I just saw him do. Safe to say I’m a dog guy
I am absolutely a dog person, but dogs will kill a rabbit or bird if they can and will similarly play with it. Natural instincts are natural instincts, irregardless of species.

B double E double R U N. Beer run. All we need is a 10 and a fiver a car and a key and a sober driver…and a couple of hours for the beer to sit in the fridge when the sober driver gets back to the house.

Yeah, as a responsible consumer of alcohol, I’m agin it.
I get it.

If y’all ever lose a family member due to alcohol you may have a different opinion. I hope it never happens to any of you.

If that’s your criterion for a worthwhile bill, why not ban automobiles?

WORRY CIRCLE..... ASSEMBLE!!!!
Ron Burgundy Blowing Sea Shell Assemble Anchorman GIF | GIFDB.com

Love seeing all the animal people on today. We've got 5 cats that adopted us and a part time indoor cat who recently decided our place was her home. Also a barn cat that decided our farm was his.

We too have a Great Pyranese and Anatolian mix.

Between them and the horses and goats and other farm animals we've not seen a vacation for 6+years and likely never will again ..... But I love it, I'm exhausted and broke but I'm happy!
😊 🧡

If that’s your criterion for a worthwhile bill, why not ban automobiles?
Ever heard of an automobile causing someone to lose everything they have, their home, their family, their life? Before you say people die in car crashes, the car didn’t cause the crash, the driver did. Alcohol CAUSES problems.

Ever heard of an automobile causing someone to lose everything they have, their home, their family, their life? Before you say people die in car crashes, the car didn’t cause the crash, the driver did. Alcohol CAUSES problems.
No. The PERSON that drinks the alcohol and then drives causes problems. This bill won’t solve anything.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back