Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could continue this forever.
I’ll continue with facts that backup my point!
You continue with your point that just because they still won a super bowl means they haven’t slowed down. Which it doesn’t prove.
Maybe it proves the rest of the league has slowed down too, or they’re still the best but that’s not the discussion is it?
No, no...not A Super Bowl...BACK TO BACK Super Bowls. Don't go getting the FACTS wrong.

This is what was said...

As long as Mahomes and Kelce are still there, I don't see them falling soon.

Heck, they traded the best WR in the NFL to Miami, and it's not slowed them down.

They are not nearly as explosive on offense as they were a few years ago, so I would say it has slowed them down

To the original point of @vols 30
Just because they're not scoring what they did whenever Hill was there (don't have to...leaning on a better defense), doesn't mean they're slowing down; and, the biggest FACT of them all to prove THAT point, is they are back to back Super Bowl champions. With that being a fact, who gives a sh!t if they're not scoring as many points?? They still had the 9th best offense in the NFL (fact)...which, again, was fast enough to lead them to another title.

Again, to @vols 30 original point, as long as Patrick Mahomes is there, and in his prime, along with Travis Kelce, they're not slowing down.

Now, you're right, you can continue looking foolish forever, talking about back to back CHAMPIONS slowing down, or...

Keep faith, man...if forever, one day you'll eventually be right.

This is what was said...

No, no...not A Super Bowl...BACK TO BACK Super Bowls. Don't go getting the FACTS wrong.

To the original point of @vols 30
Just because they're not scoring what they did whenever Hill was there (don't have to...leaning on a better defense), doesn't mean they're slowing down; and, the biggest FACT of them all to prove THAT point, is they are back to back Super Bowl champions. With that being a fact, who gives a sh!t if they're not scoring as many points?? They still had the 9th best offense in the NFL (fact)...which, again, was fast enough to lead them to another title.

Again, to @vols 30 original point, as long as Patrick Mahomes is there, and in his prime, along with Travis Kelce, they're not slowing down.

Now, you're right, you can continue looking foolish forever, talking about back to back CHAMPIONS slowing down, or...

Keep faith, man...if forever, one day you'll eventually be right.
Yes. Kansas City won back-to-back Super Bowls. Yes. Kansas City’s offense was worse this year (it slowed down) than it was in prior years. Both things are true.

Reactions: LaagerVol
No. The PERSON that drinks the alcohol and then drives causes problems. This bill won’t solve anything.
That’s what every alcoholic who has ever drank a drop has said. They are in total control.

Everything in life at the end of the day boils down to personal accountability. On that we agree. However, like I’ve mentioned a couple of times already, just like drugs, alcohol eventually causes the problem and by the time you realize it, it’s too late.

The bill may not solve anything, you are right about that too.

Reactions: Vols4us
Yes. Kansas City won back-to-back Super Bowls. Yes. Kansas City’s offense was worse this year (it slowed down) than it was in prior years. Both things are true.
Yes. Kansas City hasn't slowed down. TRUE. Which was the original statement.

That’s what every alcoholic who has ever drank a drop has said.

Everything in life at the end of the day boils down to personal accountability. On that we agree. However, like I’ve mentioned a couple of times already, just like drugs, alcohol eventually causes the problem and by the time you realize it, it’s too late.

The bill may not solve anything, you are right about that too.
The bill will never become law, so it’s irrelevant. It’s yet another example of stupid politicians wasting time and taxpayer dollars.

But the offense has, which is also true.
Unbelievable.
Again, to @vols 30 original point, Kansas City isn't slowing down.

And, as far as this notion their offense isn't what it was with Tyreek Hill...

1000014256.jpg1000014257.jpg

This is their offense from 2018, 2021, 2022 (the 3 best offenses they've ever had)...'22 being their best offensive production EVER, the year AFTER Hill. Won the Super Bowl, as well.

Also, there's 2023. Again, yes, ppg for 2023 doesn't stack against those other years; but, if you'll look, they have a MUCH BETTER defense to lean on...offensive production doesn't have to be otherworldly whenever a defense is bringing it as well.

You know what, enough of this...these are the only stats I need to look at, to inform me whether or not Kansas City is slowing down without Tyreek Hill...
Hill played in KC for 6 seasons, and the Chiefs won a Super Bowl with him in 2019; he's been gone for 2 seasons, and the Chiefs have gone Back to Back...without him. Offense seems to be doing just fine.

Last edited:
Unbelievable.
Again, to @vols 30 original point, Kansas City isn't slowing down.

And, as far as this notion their offense isn't what it was with Tyreek Hill...

View attachment 619924View attachment 619925

This is their offense from 2018, 2021, 2022 (the 3 best offenses they've ever had)...'22 being their best offensive production EVER, the year AFTER Hill. Won the Super Bowl, as well.

Also, there's 2023. Again, yes, ppg for 2023 doesn't stack against those other years; but, if you'll look, they have a MUCH BETTER defense to lean on...offensive production doesn't have to be otherworldly whenever a defense is bringing as well.

You know what, enough of this...these are the only stats I need to look at, to inform me whether or not Kansas City is slowing down without Tyreek Hill...
Hill played in KC for 6 seasons, and the Chiefs won a Super Bowl with him in 2019; he's been gone for 2 seasons, and the Chiefs have gone Back to Back...without him. Offense seems to be doing just fine.
Their offense is worse. They have slowed down. Their defense is better. They have slowed their opponents down.

Reactions: LaagerVol
Ever heard of an automobile causing someone to lose everything they have, their home, their family, their life? Before you say people die in car crashes, the car didn’t cause the crash, the driver did. Alcohol CAUSES problems.
Not if you don't drink it. It actually makes a quite good antiseptic.

Reactions: Vols4us
Wrong. Kansas City absolutely HAS slowed down. However, their defense has improved, and they have also slowed down their opponents.
Kansas City "absolutely HAS slowed down". Their back to back Super Bowl titles say different.

I could see cold singles being a concern for obvious reasons, but disallowing cold cases is just mean. I have picked up a case or 6 pack or whatever on the way to a dinner or gathering on many occasions. I have no intention of drinking in the car and would rather not have to buy ahead and make space in my refrigerator. That will have zero impact on drunk driving, just make it harder to be a courteous guest.

Their offense is worse. They have slowed down. Their defense is better. They have slowed their opponents down.
Ok, their offense is worse. Still 9th overall in the league, and just won them another Super Bowl...a Super Bowl, I may add, where they had 455 yards of offense.

Screw Kansas City stats. They have a good front office, coach, and QB. Simple recipe. Ask the patriots, who I cannot stand. Steelers are only relevant due to always having at least 2 of those factors. Those factors are also the very reason the Cowboys suck in the playoffs. Teams make this way too complicated. Build the front office, hire a good coach, and ensure he knows how to find or develop a great QB.

😆 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: GenRRN
I could see cold singles being a concern for obvious reasons, but disallowing cold cases is just mean. I have picked up a case or 6 pack or whatever on the way to a dinner or gathering on many occasions. I have no intention of drinking in the car and would rather not have to buy ahead and make space in my refrigerator. That will have zero impact on drunk driving, just make it harder to be a courteous guest.
This.

Reactions: almirUT and SSVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back