Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get it.

If y’all ever lose a family member due to alcohol you may have a different opinion. I hope it never happens to any of you.
I mean liqour has no doubt created more DUI's and automobile accidents and deaths. The bill is completely ineffectual.

How about this too

What are they gonna put in all the refrigerators in the beer aisle in every grocery store, every gas station and liqour store?

That’s one take. ANOTHER could be seen as good things are happening, with more on the way and someone comes on the board with ANOTHER Basillio conspiracy update. Calling it “smart” doesn’t make it so. 😏

Actual good things are happening now. Go back to the Butch and Pruitt posts and see how everything was being spun as good here. You’re probably still dizzy from all that spinning you did for them. Boom roasted.

Reactions: Kristy*
Unbelievable.
Again, to @vols 30 original point, Kansas City isn't slowing down.

And, as far as this notion their offense isn't what it was with Tyreek Hill...

View attachment 619924View attachment 619925

This is their offense from 2018, 2021, 2022 (the 3 best offenses they've ever had)...'22 being their best offensive production EVER, the year AFTER Hill. Won the Super Bowl, as well.

Also, there's 2023. Again, yes, ppg for 2023 doesn't stack against those other years; but, if you'll look, they have a MUCH BETTER defense to lean on...offensive production doesn't have to be otherworldly whenever a defense is bringing it as well.

You know what, enough of this...these are the only stats I need to look at, to inform me whether or not Kansas City is slowing down without Tyreek Hill...
Hill played in KC for 6 seasons, and the Chiefs won a Super Bowl with him in 2019; he's been gone for 2 seasons, and the Chiefs have gone Back to Back...without him. Offense seems to be doing just fine.
Edit nm. I don’t care at all about the Kansas City chiefs, don’t know why I entered the debate to begin with. Carry on

Last edited:
I could see cold singles being a concern for obvious reasons, but disallowing cold cases is just mean. I have picked up a case or 6 pack or whatever on the way to a dinner or gathering on many occasions. I have no intention of drinking in the car and would rather not have to buy ahead and make space in my refrigerator. That will have zero impact on drunk driving, just make it harder to be a courteous guest.
This makes sense to me.

Reactions: Weezer and SSVol
I didn’t mention Hill? I said the offense is slowing down. At least it slowed down this year. They scored 105 points less than last year. If their defense had given up the same 24+ ppg that they gave up last year, vs the offense 21ppg scored, would their record have been the same?

What seems unbelievable to me is that you are so invested in arguing that their offense didn’t take a step back this year when it is a provable (referenced in your post, as least 28ppg scored the previous 4 years vs 21ppg this year) that they did.

I’m ONLY talking about the offense, as a whole, took a step back this year. The defense took a step forward to make up for it. So net difference is they still won the big game.
What's unbelievable to me, is whenever people jump into conversations, and have no idea at all what's been said beforehand. In that beforehand, is what I'm invested in arguing.

Reactions: GenRRN
Yeah, it’s not ideal. But it sounds like the alternative was to not have a game.

I guess so. Just sucks. Is a great game to take young kids to. Had became a tradition for us.

Article says season ticket holders will get 1st dibs. That's understandable but still sucks if you're not one. Seems they could easily buy all of the seats.

What's unbelievable to me, is whenever people jump into conversations, and have no idea at all what's been said beforehand. In that beforehand, is what I'm invested in arguing.
I will say this about “jumping into conversations”. This is a public message board. People comment their opinions. There aren’t really any private conversations.

That’s what every alcoholic who has ever drank a drop has said. They are in total control.

Everything in life at the end of the day boils down to personal accountability. On that we agree. However, like I’ve mentioned a couple of times already, just like drugs, alcohol eventually causes the problem and by the time you realize it, it’s too late.

The bill may not solve anything, you are right about that too.
That's the slippery slope fallacy, as well as being dangerously close to a fallacy of composition. Just because some become slaves to alcohol doesn't mean everyone will. Just because some people lose control before they recognize doesn't mean everyone will.

That's the slippery slope fallacy, as well as being dangerously close to a fallacy of composition. Just because some become slaves to alcohol doesn't mean everyone will. Just because some people lose control before they recognize doesn't mean everyone will.
As I said in another post. Obviously not everyone who drinks alcohol turns into an alcoholic. Problem is you never know if you are the one usually until it’s too late. Denial is powerful in those situations.

I will say this about “jumping into conversations”. This is a public message board. People comment their opinions. There aren’t really any private conversations.
Right, none of these conversations are private...meaning, you can ALWAYS go back and look at what's been said, what's being said, what's been argued, what's being argued; instead of...what you did: jump into the middle, almost the end, and being lost from the jump.

Cared enough to toss your 2 pennies, whenever no one asked for them.
Well, here comes my two pennies. I know nothing, but…. We decided to watch the superbowl to watch Jauan. First NFL game since Peyton retired. We were both amazed at the lack of offense. Thought maybe defense was just better. So if KC hasn’t taken a step back, I hope someone takes a step forward. Outside of JJ it was boring on offense. Maybe CJH just has us spoiled, and there’s no defense in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back