Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is being asked for an opinion the criteria for being able to make a comment in the recruiting forum?

Sheesh man.
Not at all. If you want to look like a fool, who am I to stop you? You had no idea what had been said, where the conversation had started; yet, you had an opinion on said conversation. That's foolish, imo...lack of knowledge, yet an opinion. It's like, if you were arguing with someone on here about the brightest color...you say green, someone else says red, and I come in from nowhere and say, PIZZA!!!

Reactions: butchna
Right, none of these conversations are private...meaning, you can ALWAYS go back and look at what's been said, what's being said, what's been argued, what's being argued; instead of...what you did: jump into the middle, almost the end, and being lost from the jump.
I only commented on one aspect. That the offense statistically took a step back this year. Not sure why that is such a maddening opinion. Why does everything have to be so contentious on here?

I will refrain from interjecting my opinion into your conversations in the future

Well, here comes my two pennies. I know nothing, but…. We decided to watch the superbowl to watch Jauan. First NFL game since Peyton retired. We were both amazed at the lack of offense. Thought maybe defense was just better. So if KC hasn’t taken a step back, I hope someone takes a step forward. Outside of JJ it was boring on offense. Maybe CJH just has us spoiled, and there’s no defense in college.
And, I respect your zinc coated copper pieces; still, has nothing to do with what was said 2 days ago.

Not at all. If you want to look like a fool, who am I to stop you? You had no idea what had been said, where the conversation had started; yet, you had an opinion on said conversation. That's foolish, imo...lack of knowledge, yet an opinion. It's like, if you were arguing with someone on here about the brightest color...you say green, someone else says red, and I come in from nowhere and say, PIZZA!!!
I read the other posts. I commented on the part of them that I had an opinion on. Everybody always gotta resort to name calling.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I read the other posts. I commented on the part of them that I had an opinion on. Everybody always gotta resort to name calling.
Only whenever someone is begging to be called one.

Again, and for the last time, the original posts that started all of this....
As long as Mahomes and Kelce are still there, I don't see them falling soon.

Heck, they traded the best WR in the NFL to Miami, and it's not slowed them down.

They are not nearly as explosive on offense as they were a few years ago, so I would say it has slowed them down

The only thing slowing them down is tripping and falling over the back to back Super Bowl rings they've won since he left.

Reactions: Billy Antrim
I mean liqour has no doubt created more DUI's and automobile accidents and deaths. The bill is completely ineffectual.

How about this too

What are they gonna put in all the refrigerators in the beer aisle in every grocery store, every gas station and liqour store?
Freezer Queen Frozen Meatloaf Dinners..

Screw Kansas City stats. They got a good frony office, coach, and qb. Simple recipe. Ask the patriots who I cannot stand. Steelers are only relevant due to always having at least 2 of those factors. Those factors are also the very reason Cowboys suck in the playoffs....teams make this way too complicated. Build the front office, hire a good coach and make sure he knows how to find or develop a great QB.

😆 🤣
Which in essence is that same for College and UT.

Reactions: DD4ME
Maybe an unpopular opinion but I don't have a problem with it. I've always thought it was kind of funny that Kroger sold single bottles and cans of beer out of the fridge. As if everyone who bought those wasn't drinking them as soon as they got to their car.

But I also wouldn't expect this to have a single measurable impact on drunk driving in the state whatsoever. But doing things that have an actual positive impact seems to be an unattainable standard for lawmakers these days lol.
I dont drink very often so it's better for me to buy a single or two. Otherwise it just sits in my fridge forever. I do the same with soft drinks.

Actual good things are happening now. Go back to the Butch and Pruitt posts and see how everything was being spun as good here. You’re probably still dizzy from all that spinning you did for them. Boom roasted.
It's as simple as posting it as done...your "Boom roasted" thing. Let's revisit your SPINNING on Heupel's hire, someday. As Lord Tony decrees, thus thou 🤮on here. Grand Master REALIST Jack Burton indeed.

My REALISM has always centered on giving the hire a balanced chance to PROVE one way or the other. None of "I always knew..." shizz. Cuz none of you did. So I got to celebrate a win against a vastly more talented SC squad in Butch's first season and still see he wasn't the guy in the uninspired, pitiful "win" against UMass in what proved his final season. It allowed me to see the potential growth when Pruitt got our first win against a SECW team (Auburn) in many a moon and openly campaign for him to be gone by the clueless gameplan against Arkansas well before the illegal stuff that sealed his firing in HIS last season. All the while, you and your yipping ilk moaned and gloomed and downplayed and wth you do when puppies aren't available to be thrown over a bridge. For what? YOU affected nothing! Reality happened on it's own timeline. What makes you glorified FFers gravitate towards this forum is the FUN we have with the unknown. This recruit under that coach with this system...could lead to something great and lasting. If it doesn't? You reset It's the spirit of real Vols fans dating back to the 60's when General Neyland departed this mortal coil. No sure thing...fun's in the journey. And your intenerary isn't doomed for eternity in a two-three year window. Diehard FFers can't relate. Need it NOW like it was FOREVER or NEVER AGAIN.

ROAST DN

Last edited:
Maybe an unpopular opinion but I don't have a problem with it. I've always thought it was kind of funny that Kroger sold single bottles and cans of beer out of the fridge. As if everyone who bought those wasn't drinking them as soon as they got to their car.

But I also wouldn't expect this to have a single measurable impact on drunk driving in the state whatsoever. But doing things that have an actual positive impact seems to be an unattainable standard for lawmakers these days lol.
Only the worst or the worst alcoholics immediately start drinking in the car 😂 the vast majority aren't opening them in the car. Most people who buy those either won't open it in the car, only want to try one individual beer or they're so broke that's all they can get and you can't get drunk off one beer.

Usually they're probably already drunk and if they're desperate enough, do you really think they care that they aren't cold? What about those faux liquor things at the counter at gas stations? Some wine is screw top.

I lived in a dry county once, in Tyler TX. I drove over 2 days moving from NC, hit Tyler that night, went to get some beer before I even checked in. No beer in store, so went to another and was told it was dry..oh my..

Every week, we would make beer runs across county line where there are these humongous beer stores.

Funny thing, you could go drink in a club, but one had to be a member. Sone places took a Uni-card which was good at multiple places..what struck me was one could go out get hammered and then have to drive home, but couldnt easily drink in their own home. Stupidity.

Price:
Mack: More urgency than prior replacements. Someone hungry, someone with ties, and likely on their first board. Does not think a longer list comes out.

BJ - Should know something this week. He likes UT a lot.

Hope bj stays and I hope our new rb coach is Carlos locklyn

Reactions: knoxvol52
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back