Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banks will keep trying for head coach roles and will leave quickly if given one. I bet he applies for GSU.

Sucks losing Mack. Indifferent on BJM
Depends on if they'll pay him more than he makes as a DC, which I doubt they will given the HC they had just jumped ship to be a TE coach at SCar.

I don't think he's proven he's any good yet. Sure, the Titans have decided to go with him. So what? GMs and coaches have been wrong before. Maybe he proves us "hater Vol Fans" wrong, but he hasn't yet.
I don't know if Levis will be good. Hell it's probably most likely that he is a mid QB for a few years, flames out, and they pick a QB again in a few years, similar to Mettenberger. Just because finding a franchise QB is damn hard.

All I'm saying is that going from the practice squad in week 1 to the QB the organization wants to build around in week 18 is enough to prove the hater club wrong. I don't need to go get the receipts. We all know what the "predictions" looked like around here after he was drafted lol.

Banks will keep trying for head coach roles and will leave quickly if given one. I bet he applies for GSU.
@InVOLuntary
undertaker-coffin.gif

I don't know if Levis will be good. Hell it's probably most likely that he is a mid QB for a few years, flames out, and they pick a QB again in a few years, similar to Mettenberger. Just because finding a franchise QB is damn hard.

All I'm saying is that going from the practice squad in week 1 to the QB the organization wants to build around in week 18 is enough to prove the hater club wrong. I don't need to go get the receipts. We all know what the "predictions" looked like around here after he was drafted lol.
Is it that big an accomplishment? Tannehill was starting until he got hurt. The other QB was Malik Willis. If Mayo boy proves me wrong, I'll admit it. I still won't like him, but I'll admit I was wrong. I just think right now you're attempting to give him more credit than he's actually earned.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
Was you at ETSU when Mr.Jennings and Calvin Talford was on the team🧐
My BIL was. He played baseball there. He was a good basketball player too and he got to play a lot of pickup games with them. He said those dudes were unbelievable. I think they also had Greg Dennis? who went from 6'5" to 6'11" during the summer after he graduated high school. I saw Calvin Talford before a football game about four years ago and he still looked like he could play on the team.

I can understand Mack leaving, but why would BJM leave UT at this point to go coach the same position at Mich ? Ehhh, don't let the door hit ya....

I mean when Tannehill and Willis are your other options it's not saying much. I like Levis so far, and I was definitely a hater because A. He played horrendously against the Vols and B. His overall stats just weren't impressive. But I don't think anyone's been proven right or wrong yet just because he got the starting gig. Plenty of trash QBs have been given the keys to franchises before. I'll gladly eat crow on Levis, but there's none to be had yet.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
I like BJM but I've always felt since he arrived we could do better. Need better recruiting at that position. If you look at the talent we are landing for dline and edge compared to LB it's a huge discrepancy. Interesting in seeing who we hire

Reactions: Kristy*
Man I don't like losing BJM. Dude did a really good job with the LB's here. Wasn't given much at all...long snappers, a-holes like Banks and Mitchell, made Beasley a really good player, lost Pili then had to improvised and he played young players unlike some people...

I have faith we get somebody good to replace him. Please retain Arion Carter...

More money and Co-DC title.
didn't see where he'd be Co-DC, just LB coach...

The obvious move for Mack and BJM replacements with all the craziness and competitiveness in the SEC and recruiting would be to go after upgrades who can recruit... but something tells me we will just fizzle and promote from within...

He’s got the arm talent just not the mind for it

I like BJM but I've always felt since he arrived we could do better. Need better recruiting at that position. If you look at the talent we are landing for dline and edge compared to LB it's a huge discrepancy. Interesting in seeing who we hire
We were thin at LB when Heupel took over. Has our LB recruiting really been that bad? Sure, we've not landed any 5*s, but we have landed several 4*s.

Reactions: SoullessGinger32_
didn't see where he'd be Co-DC, just LB coach...

The obvious move for Mack and BJM replacements with all the craziness and competitiveness in the SEC and recruiting would be to go after upgrades who can recruit... but something tells me we will just fizzle and promote from within...
According to the thread in the FF, Michigan is making him Co-DC and giving him a raise.

Reactions: volinbama256
Man I don't like losing BJM. Dude did a really good job with the LB's here. Wasn't given much at all...long snappers, a-holes like Banks and Mitchell, made Beasley a really good player, lost Pili then had to improvised and he played young players unlike some people...

I have faith we get somebody good to replace him. Please retain Arion Carter...
You're going to have @Glitch summoning the Worry Circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back