Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say the recruiting was bad but it COULD be better. There's no arguing that sorry. Like I said compared to dline and edge the difference in talent is huge. BJM landed dudes that could be studs by 2nd or 3rd year. He has yet to land a dude that can come in and make a sudden impact. It would be nice to have that.

I didn't say the recruiting was bad but it COULD be better. There's no arguing that sorry. Like I said compared to dline and edge the difference in talent is huge. BJM landed dudes that could be studs by 2nd or 3rd year. He has yet to land a dude that can come in and make a sudden impact. It would be nice to have that.
Who have we landed on DL that came in and made a sudden impact? Edge yes, but DL?

Reactions: SoullessGinger32_
Well considering the fact that we've been senior and junior heavy on dline the last couple seasons that position is obviously different. LB we've stayed thin since he arrived. Just saying last 3 classes he's landed 9 LBs and only one was top 15 at that position. No I'm not a star gazer. Telander, Smith, Carter and Spillman those guys are dudes. You act like I'm bashing BJM. Read original post. Just stated that we can recruit better at that position. That's all

Last edited:
My BIL was. He played baseball there. He was a good basketball player too and he got to play a lot of pickup games with them. He said those dudes were unbelievable. I think they also had Greg Dennis? who went from 6'5" to 6'11" during the summer after he graduated high school. I saw Calvin Talford before a football game about four years ago and he still looked like he could play on the team.
ThAt ETSU team was really good defeated Arizona in 1st round of NCAA and pushed the Michigan FAB 5 til the end before losing in 2nd round.

Jean-Mary got a great package from Michigan, UT made an effort to keep him, but he chased the money. CJH likes to promote from within and he has that option, so UT wasn't going to get in a bidding war in this particular situation. They'll take the buyout and move on.
Does that mean Chop is getting the nod in a shuffle of some sort?

The same people saying they don’t care about BJM leaving and hoping we replace him with someone who recruits better are the same clown babies who boom everyone we get in every thread and demand stars don’t matter.

Don’t mind me. Just spittin hot facts.

Last edited:
Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
Chop getting promoted I have less than zero issues with. We already know he is one of our best recruiters. Now get a good one for Mack and let's ride.
I’d be interested on the take of his teaching and development CHOPS, but would think they’re considerable and he’s been awaiting his chance.

IMHO, a society needs to be careful when defaulting to punishing the responsible in order to prevent the irresponsible. My hackles always go up with the excuse of "ForTheChildrens" or "If just one life...". Quite often, it's an invitation to give up personal rights based on emotion, as opposed to logic and reason. It's a shortcut debate.

(Note: I'm not necessarily claiming that the purchase of cold beer singles is an inaliable human right.)

View attachment 620142

There’s a lot of money swimming around in this sport, and right now it’s a complete crapshoot as to what players, coaches and schedule (with conference realignment) you will have year-to-year, so just enjoy the good seasons when they come. I don’t think anyone is going to be building a stable, sustainable dynasty in the sport’s present environment.

The same people saying they don’t care about BJM leaving and hoping we replace him with someone who recruits better are the same clown babies who boom everyone we get in every thread and demand stats don’t matter.

Don’t mind me. Just spittin hot facts.
I haven't seen the excitement over BJM leaving, but I quit seeing everything a bit ago, sooooo

Reactions: drvenner
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back