Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO, a society needs to be careful when defaulting to punishing the responsible in order to prevent the irresponsible. My hackles always go up with the excuse of "ForTheChildrens" or "If just one life...". Quite often, it's an invitation to give up personal rights based on emotion, as opposed to logic and reason. It's a shortcut debate.

(Note: I'm not necessarily claiming that the purchase of cold beer singles is an inaliable human right.)
I don't disagree with your point in general.

But in this situation, to me, giving someone a ticket for driving under the influence isn't punishing the responsible. Driving under the influence is not being responsible and doing so isn't a personal right.

Oh, and I don't even know what to think about the cold beer, warm beer thing.

I don't disagree with your point in general.

But in this situation, to me, giving someone a ticket for driving under the influence isn't punishing the responsible. Driving under the influence is not being responsible and doing so isn't a personal right.

Oh, and I don't even know what to think about the cold beer, warm beer thing.
Not sure how you interpreted that from my post, but that's OK.

I was…until they announced only 10,000 fans. Thought we might set a record this year! And was hoping someone’s idea of having it in Nashville might be an alternative because of construction. Are you going?
Im kinda leaning that was as well, and they are charging more 🤦🏾‍♂️. Still undecided

And they’re playing. Herring’s struggled at times, but he and Telander were producing really well for young guys. Perry has improved a ton as well.
Yikes. Anyone saying Herring or Perry played well…. Glad they are VFLs but they need replaced asap

dang bjm gone.

ok hoping he'd stay. any insiders have insight into this? is it the ncaa thing? money? seemed like we were finally turning the corner talent wise.

I didn't say the recruiting was bad but it COULD be better. There's no arguing that sorry. Like I said compared to dline and edge the difference in talent is huge. BJM landed dudes that could be studs by 2nd or 3rd year. He has yet to land a dude that can come in and make a sudden impact. It would be nice to have that.
Apparently you totally didnt watch Arion Carter at all.

Jean-Mary got a great package from Michigan, UT made an effort to keep him, but he chased the money. CJH likes to promote from within and he has that option, so UT wasn't going to get in a bidding war in this particular situation. They'll take the buyout and move on.
word

Reactions: knoxvol52
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back