Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quit watching after a few games every season. Just can’t stand the sloppy play and the lack of improvement over the season. They never seem to get better.
No way Kelly survives this, if she does then the school has given up on the sport. She should have never been hired, if she had not played at Tn ,she would have never been looked at.

I'm a pretty big sunshine pumper, but this isnt an impressive team. Kinda sad watching them and remembering what the LV's used to be.
What do yall think? Do you think the LV's have slipped too far to get back anywhere near where Coach Summitt had this program?

Which coach out there could get us back up to elite level?

Which is better? PS5 or xbox?

PS5 and Xbox X are pretty comparable. The Xbox S struggles with games that have taken advantage of this generation of consoles. In fact, the Series S has been a bit of a problem for Xbox because they demand that anything released on Xbox work on both the X and the S and it's made porting games for Xbox difficult for certain titles that take advantage of newer gen hardware. Xbox needed to do what Playstation has done with a few newer gen titles and just released on the X. PS5 did that with the Horizon DLC because it melted PS4s with the demand it placed on them. People weren't happy but this generation of consoles has been out for a few years now and it's understandable that certain games just aren't going to run or run well on older hardware. Xbox's policy on the X/S has meant that games like Baldur's Gate 3 made it to PS5 a lot sooner than Xbox.

As far as sales go, PS5 has absolutely killed Xbox this gen. I'm not sure why either but PS5 sold 22.5 million units compared to the Xbox's 7.6 million over the last year. It's so bad that a lot of people are panicking and claiming Xbox will become a game publisher and give up making consoles but that's nonsense, imo. Xbox's Game Pass is pretty great. I don't know if it will continue to be the value that it is now (probably not given how streaming has started to fall apart and is no longer the value it once was - why am I still paying for netflix?). But for now, it's a very good value. Gamepass Ultimate opens up a lot of the library to your PC, ipad, and other devices. Playstation's service is good too but Gamepass is a bigger bang for your buck, imo.

The Xbox X is probably the winner when it comes to raw power but it's an extremely small difference. I will say that on certain games Xbox does a better job with contrast and color but you would only see the difference if someone took footage of both systems and split screened them. However, the PS5 has a much better out of the box controller (and I favor xbox's offset thumbstick design). The DualSense is great and feels very premium. The controller that comes with Xbox isn't that different from prior controllers and doesn't feel premium. It also doesn't have the features the DualSense does.

But really what won the war is that PS5 has first party games people want to play - Spider-Man, God of War, Horizon, Ghost of Tsushima (last gen but still) and many others. Xbox has Forza, Halo, and Starfield but Xbox has been talking about releasing games on PS5. (Bethesda should never have been put in as an Xbox-exclusive anyway given their history).

Now that being said Xbox has been discounting the hell out of their consoles lately. If you shop around you can pick up an X for a lot less than a PS5 right now. And if all you care about is NCAA 24 it will probably be available on Game Pass for peanuts.

Last edited:
What do yall think? Do you think the LV's have slipped too far to get back anywhere near where Coach Summitt had this program?

I think with the right hire they can get back in the conversation but it will not happen over night. Too much damage has been done

Harper isn’t going to do it. But yes the right Coach can no doubt. Right now while they gave the right effort tonight, they are a soft, undisciplined team with terrible fundamentals. We need a new coach, I wanted Harper to succeed and she is a little better than Holly but we need a coach that recruits players that get after it and can pass shoot and dribble well. We need women inside that play with tenacity every night out. We are a soft team, all finesse.

My total playbook for electric football:

Offensive plays:
QB Sneak

Defensive plays:
Jailbreak blitz
We would stack five players on the line of scrimmage with five players right behind them, and the ball carrier behind both rows, offset to one side or the other. Typically led to big gains.

The one LV game that I’ve watched in its entirety and this happened..at least I tried to bring good mojo..at least we didn’t lose by 20 like someone predicted..🤷‍♀️
That was me, but is this the standard we have reached with the women’s program now? Moral victories by not losing by 20? SMH…we have fallen so far with that program.

I think with the right hire they can get back in the conversation but it will not happen over night. Too much damage has been done

No with the right coach it would be instant. We have the facilities, the history, and the fanbase. We also have the recruiting pool with connections to every recruiting hotspot on the planet. We just haven't been serious about it. If it goes uncorrected it will be a notable black mark on our ADs record and reputation. Sure, most general fans won't care but a lot of people will and those inside college sports will care a whole lot. White would lose a lot of respect if he failed to do anything with a program like the LVs.

I do agree though that a ton of damage has been done. It's just that for certain programs that damage can be undone/forgiven easily. The LVs are that kind of program.

We still have a shine so no I don't think we've slipped to far but that hole we've dug is pretty deep. Go outside the family and hire a quality coach, and I believe DW will. I would think he has enough support to do it.

I still like the Louisville coach but I'm sure there is someone better I don't know about. I don't follow like I used to. Just for goodness sakes don't hire anyone like Mulkey.

We still have a shine so no I don't think we've slipped to far but that hole we've dug is pretty deep. Go outside the family and hire a quality coach, and I believe DW will. I would think he has enough support to do it.

I still like the Louisville coach but I'm sure there is someone better I don't know about. I don't follow like I used to. Just for goodness sakes don't hire anyone like Mulkey.
Maybe John Calipari will be available.

Harper isn’t going to do it. But yes the right Coach can no doubt. Right now while they gave the right effort tonight, they are a soft, undisciplined team with terrible fundamentals. We need a new coach, I wanted Harper to succeed and she is a little better than Holly but we need a coach that recruits players that get after it and can pass shoot and dribble well. We need women inside that play with tenacity every night out. We are a soft team, all finesse.
Honestly pretty Holly is not better at anything compared to Holly. She is definitely an inferior recruiter by a large margin. They both suck as an Xs and Os coach, but pretty Holly may be a little worse at that too.

No with the right coach it would be instant. We have the facilities, the history, and the fanbase. We also have the recruiting pool with connections to every recruiting hotspot on the planet. We just haven't been serious about it. If it goes uncorrected it will be a notable black mark on our ADs record and reputation. Sure, most general fans won't care but a lot of people will and those inside college sports will care a whole lot. White would lose a lot of respect if he failed to do anything with a program like the LVs.

I do agree though that a ton of damage has been done. It's just that for certain programs that damage can be undone/forgiven easily. The LVs are that kind of program.
Agree, we are a true blue blood in wbb, we can overcome the mess we are now. We are not a La Tech type, we have plenty of support just like you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back