Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly pretty Holly is not better at anything compared to Holly. She is definitely an inferior recruiter by a large margin. They both suck as an Xs and Os coach, but pretty Holly may be a little worse at that too.
That is what I said. And it’s Holly compared to Harper not to another Holly.

Last edited:
What happened with Key? Didn't watch much but what I did watch, she looked slow and was getting outrebounded.
She can’t help that she is too slow. I know she has medical problems but none of our inside players are that good compared to the best teams. They just are not physical or quick enough, it’s been proven time and time again. And if the refs aren’t going to call it find a big athletic girl and just let her bang her way to the goal. We have to get players that can make a dominant presence in the paint. We don’t have one that can against the top competition.

Last edited:
PS5 and Xbox X are pretty comparable. The Xbox S struggles with games that have taken advantage of this generation of consoles. In fact, the Series S has been a bit of a problem for Xbox because they demand that anything released on Xbox work on both the X and the S and it's made porting games for Xbox difficult for certain titles that take advantage of newer gen hardware. Xbox needed to do what Playstation has done with a few newer gen titles and just released on the X. PS5 did that with the Horizon DLC because it melted PS4s with the demand it placed on them. People weren't happy but this generation of consoles has been out for a few years now and it's understandable that certain games just aren't going to run or run well on older hardware. Xbox's policy on the X/S has meant that games like Baldur's Gate 3 made it to PS5 a lot sooner than Xbox.

As far as sales go, PS5 has absolutely killed Xbox this gen. I'm not sure why either but PS5 sold 22.5 million units compared to the Xbox's 7.6 million over the last year. It's so bad that a lot of people are panicking and claiming Xbox will become a game publisher and give up making consoles but that's nonsense, imo. Xbox's Game Pass is pretty great. I don't know if it will continue to be the value that it is now (probably not given how streaming has started to fall apart and is no longer the value it once was - why am I still paying for netflix?). But for now, it's a very good value. Gamepass Ultimate opens up a lot of the library to your PC, ipad, and other devices. Playstation's service is good too but Gamepass is a bigger bang for your buck, imo.

The Xbox X is probably the winner when it comes to raw power but it's an extremely small difference. I will say that on certain games Xbox does a better job with contrast and color but you would only see the difference if someone took footage of both systems and split screened them. However, the PS5 has a much better out of the box controller (and I favor xbox's offset thumbstick design). The DualSense is great and feels very premium. The controller that comes with Xbox isn't that different from prior controllers and doesn't feel premium. It also doesn't have the features the DualSense does.

But really what won the war is that PS5 has first party games people want to play - Spider-Man, God of War, Horizon, Ghost of Tsushima (last gen but still) and many others. Xbox has Forza, Halo, and Starfield but Xbox has been talking about releasing games on PS5. (Bethesda should never have been put in as an Xbox-exclusive anyway given their history).

Now that being said Xbox has been discounting the hell out of their consoles lately. If you shop around you can pick up an X for a lot less than a PS5 right now. And if all you care about is NCAA 24 it will probably be available on Game Pass for peanuts.
Thanks. That's why I have asked so many questions about them. The price difference confused me between the PS5 & the xbox x. I thought I was missing something important.

Reactions: UTProf
Harper isn’t going to do it. But yes the right Coach can no doubt. Right now while they gave the right effort tonight, they are a soft, undisciplined team with terrible fundamentals. We need a new coach, I wanted Harper to succeed and she is a little better than Holly but we need a coach that recruits players that get after it and can pass shoot and dribble well. We need women inside that play with tenacity every night out. We are a soft team, all finesse.
I was a little surprised by the lack of effort in some plays and the decisions to just launch up wild shots all over the court. I think they said we missed 13/15 at some point and a lot of those were just bad shooting decisions.

I was a little surprised by the lack of effort in some plays and the decisions to just launch up wild shots all over the court. I think they said we missed 13/15 at some point and a lot of those were just bad shooting decisions.
We're missing that player that can get you a bucket when you need it. A real scorer.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
My wife's name is Sally. (Not really but that is the name I am using to tell this story).

Sally likes to time getting dinner ready with me arriving home from work. I love her for that. I am really bad about telling her when I am getting close, though. Yesterday, she asked me if I would just call her when crossing the bridge. I told her I would try to remember, but it is a very weird request. I would rather just keep calling her Sally.
I’m guessing you arrived home to “make your own pb&j” night?

To put Edey into historical context:

23 pts
12 rebounds
2 blocks per game

Shaq's peak college season:

28 pts
15 rebounds
5 blocks per game
Even had 1.5 steals per game!

Shaq was a freakin monster 😳😳😳

Nothing against Edey, Shaq was just that DUDE.
I remember when he first started getting really popular. They always talked about his shoe size. I guess, as soon as he turned pro, the shoe company made a big deal of it. . . Reebok? . . anyway, footlocker, champs, etc had showroom models of his giant shoe.

Edit:
1708053064794.png

I'm not sure who the PG is, but she looked pretty. . . un-great. Kinda worrisome that she didn't get pulled a few times. We have no one better or is Harper just not willing to sit her?
Recruiting can hide alot and her recruiting is been very underwhelming. I think Pat or maybe her dad told Pat something about you can't win the Kentucky derby with a mule......or something like that. Our talent is just not there. Admittedly, I haven't watched much this year, last year kind of soured me on Kellie. no identity on either end of the court, we looked really poorly coached last year and it sounds like nothing has changed. I'm in involuntary's camp on pretty Holly.

I know it's so sad how far the Lady Vols have fallen. Like others have said, they have no identity and are poorly coached. I wanted Kellie to succeed like everyone else, but she isn't cutting it at all. They have to be the worst team on campus now. Who would ever thought that would even be a possibility 20 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back