Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Communication is about how other people interpret your message. It's leading people to believe he will be ready. You aren't a game time decision for 3 weeks.
Pursuant to his contract, he has to address the media. That doesn't mean he has to spill the beans for everything he is asked. A good leader actually knows when to communicate certain things and when not to.

Not pulling the trigger after reading the play, does not DOCUMENT anything specific. It COULD COULD COULD mean that as he goes through the progressions that the quantity and frequency of receivers being open is seriously less than last year, and COULD COULD COULD be in part becuase the OL protections are not giving the receivers the same amount of time on their routes. WAY too many moving parts to assess the breakdown of the breakdowns in our efficiency. Arrogant application of assumptions by agenda driven posters is also a high probability. The nega to pumper ratio of analysis is way skewed to the nega side. Not a new trend on free and anonymous message boards.
don’t we have the same receivers except Hyatt…. Tillman was hobbled all season.

Halzle is doing something other than fetching coffee.

There has been a QB drop off, a WR drop off, and an OL drop off. But the tempo is slower, the play calling seems to be entirely based on box math, and the entire operation has just looked painfully difficult, even at home.

Well we lost our starting QB to the draft...2 WRs to the draft....Wright was a top 10 pick and Carvin was a good lineman....we lost a lot of quality players of our offense....there was going to be some drop off

Joe Milton is a slightly below average SEC quarterback with a huge arm. Next question
100%. And you would expect a 6’5 235lb qb to be like a TE in the backfield and could plow over defenders when running it, but a 5’10 185lb db can tackle him with ease

Would it not be the most Tennessee thing ever to win out this year after losing to Florida? I mean don't get me wrong. I'd so the odds of that are virtually zero and I am not pretending to make that prediction but if there was a year that Tennessee was going to win the title, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost to Florida that year. They just have our number down there.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Milton can’t be that bad throwing down the field that they change the entire offense to make him throw behind the line… everyone acting like he’s JG. I think it’s the OL that is causing us to get the quick throws out. Milton isn’t near as awful as everyone acts like he is. He’s no Hendon but who is.
I don't think it has anything to do with Milton. We've seen him throw downfield just fine. Quite frankly the throw to Thornton was not one Hooker would make easily.

I think they are getting too cute with all the quick math at the line of scrimmage. You can't make yourself completely predictable just for the sake of winning the numbers game in the box.

This week I'd like to see them get back to tempo and just run the 1st play, within reason.

Based on what? Guy is 1) a great defensive mind. 2) a coach that players will run through a brick wall for. He has taken on jobs in some really tough situations.
i think he is a good/not great D/C especially against offenses today. That’s not why i said Yuck though….. i just don’t like him and would prefer someone else.

Would it not be the most Tennessee thing ever to win out this year after losing to Florida? I mean don't get me wrong. I'd so the odds of that are virtually zero and I am not pretending to make that prediction but if there was a year that Tennessee was going to win the title, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost to Florida that year. They just have our number down there.
we would be national champions so i would be good with that.

funny all the excuses and shifts of narrative on here depending on how the season is going... Before the season there were tons of folks on here saying WR was the last position group to worry about, that we had plenty, a few that said with Matthews and who we have that we didn't need Wingo, that Heup could make any WR group awesome, etc..

Now it's well we lost Ced and Hyatt and our WR's just aren't as good as last season...

SMH

I think it's looking like the main issue that has been agreed upon all over is the fact that our OLine is just not the same/as good, Milton doesn't have it between the ears, is afraid to run/afraid of contact, and just doesn't process the game and defense like Hooker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back