Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think on it, the more I think 90% of our issues rest solely with the interior of the o-line. Look back to last season - the only game we struggled to move the ball in was against UGA. What did they do? Whooped our ass in the interior, making it near impossible for us to run the ball anywhere and made every throw for Hooker contested. UF certainly has their deficiencies, but they were able to stifle our offense by blowing up everything with their big boys in the middle (we also stifled ourselves with 100000 false starts).

Yes, having speed at WR and athletic RBs and a good QB are all important, but those are things that I still will never worry about under Heupel. I think we can still win a lot of games this season, but we badly need Cooper back. He will mask a lot of the issues we saw against Florida - not all of them, but A LOT. If we can continue to improve along the o line, especially in the interior, I think we will like where we sit at the end of the season. If not… it’s probably going to be a very long fall.

I don't understand why everyone is bitching. Clearly, we're going to win the rest of our games. All is well.

tenor.gif
Are you sure? It is Thursday and we don't have a game thread. I think it is clear at this point that @nicksjuzunk has abandoned us to our fate.
Nervous GIF - Nervous Anxious Panic - Discover & Share GIFs

Reading these comments, this is why having a 7 or 8 win season is terrible. The more the national media vomits this rhetoric the worse recruiting will be. We have to rebound this year.

I don't see a major difference between what that guy is saying and what Volnation posters have been saying. If anything, Volnation posters have been far more detailed and ruthless in their analysis. Some have been over-the-top negative, IMO. The fact of the matter is that the national media like us about as much as the mainstream media likes Trump. Hopefully, our team doesn't worry about the noise. They fix the issues and close-out the season strong. If not, the chirping from the national media will just grow louder.

I don't see a major difference between what that guy is saying and what Volnation posters have been saying. If anything, Volnation posters have been far more detailed and ruthless in their analysis. Some have been over-the-top negative, IMO. The fact of the matter is that the national media like us about as much as the mainstream media likes Trump. Hopefully, our team doesn't worry about the noise. They fix the issues and close-out the season strong. If not, the chirping from the national media will just grow louder.
That's the point though, a random collection of internet posters don't move the needle all that much. However if guys like Klatt, Pate etc..... start pushing that narrative it kills recruiting.

Per usual everyone is getting their takes off.

If we stabilize vs UTSA then avenge our SC loss from last year in front of an insane Neyland night environment with the dark mode jerseys... we'll be right back in the Top 15 with a lot of buzz for the A&M game. Which I'm sure will be another showcase for Neyland and whatever our team looks like by then (hopefully better)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back