Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Cooper has been practicing all week how is he a gametime decision? Lying about timeframe of injuries builds false expectations.
I take it that you have never had a hernia. The last thing you want to do is start lifting 300# defensive linemen until the hernia and incision are completely healed. If he re-injures it again, he'll probably be out for the season.

"Practicing" does not equate to playing in a game for an OL. Nowhere have I seen anyone promising that he will play just because he's practicing. Who has promised that he will play?

I take it that you have never had a hernia. The last thing you want to do is start lifting 300# defensive linemen until the hernia and incision are completely healed. If he re-injures it again, he'll probably be out for the season.

"Practicing" does not equate to playing in a game for an OL. Nowhere have I seen anyone promising that he will play just because he's practicing. Who has promised that he will play?
Playing with a hernia for an OL is like a pitcher playing before his UCL has healed. Bad idea. Always

The Florida loss was embarrassing, and I’m very concerned about what appear to be severe roster deficiencies at several positions. However, it’s way too early to start the post-mortem on this season.

Let’s go battle for a couple of wins and see where we are by the bye week.

It is probably going to happen barring a miracle. We have to hope Rattler reverts to his old inaccurate self.
I know you have the emotional stability of a teenage girl. But, I refuse to believe you are that far lost to believe it will take a miracle to beat USCe at Neyland this season. You can't be that stupid. I got more belief in you than that.

Reactions: bparker
The more I think on it, the more I think 90% of our issues rest solely with the interior of the o-line. Look back to last season - the only game we struggled to move the ball in was against UGA. What did they do? Whooped our ass in the interior, making it near impossible for us to run the ball anywhere and made every throw for Hooker contested. UF certainly has their deficiencies, but they were able to stifle our offense by blowing up everything with their big boys in the middle (we also stifled ourselves with 100000 false starts).

Yes, having speed at WR and athletic RBs and a good QB are all important, but those are things that I still will never worry about under Heupel. I think we can still win a lot of games this season, but we badly need Cooper back. He will mask a lot of the issues we saw against Florida - not all of them, but A LOT. If we can continue to improve along the o line, especially in the interior, I think we will like where we sit at the end of the season. If not… it’s probably going to be a very long fall.
Also Crawford was getting beat relentlessly.

I doubt anyone thinks it will be easy. But I'm willing to bet there's not a person in that football complex that thinks letting SCAR win a night game in Neyland in front of a packed house would be an okay loss.
I’m sure we’ll have to beat the refs, too.

Pursuant to his contract, he has to address the media. That doesn't mean he has to spill the beans for everything he is asked. A good leader actually knows when to communicate certain things and when not to.
I think being a good leader would be setting expectations that you are without a player and being prepared to win with the players available. I guess no one has confidence in the backup and they hide it until the last possible minute.

If Cooper has been practicing all week how is he a gametime decision? Lying about timeframe of injuries builds false expectations.
Participating in practice doesn't necessarily mean he's been a full participant and can do everything. He had 3 hernias operated on and the word is his doctor advised waiting until October before being a full participant.

I heard Slaughter would probably be out this week rehabbing his foot/ankle.

Just don't get your expectations up based on what he says for injury timelines. Journalists are going to ask and he's likely never going to be straighforward on that.

Personally I've always wondered how disclosing medical information about athletes to media affects HIPAA. I guess if the players consent then its okay.

I think being a good leader would be setting expectations that you are without a player and being prepared to win with the players available. I guess no one has confidence in the backup and they hide it until the last possible minute.
I dont think it has anything to do with who the backup is or leadership. The only person's expectations it violates is the fan who puts a lot of weight on that. The team knows whats going on inside the building and they know who's going to be ready to play and when. That's all that matters.

Yea MRI tomorrow I seen... probably ACL ....Jerry be wheeling and dealing if he is out...think the guy from Michigan they drafted a few years ago can play Corner???
Jlewis will move to slot and bland outside I would think. They’re good for now at corner I would think.

Reactions: knoxvol52
We should just expect to play without Coop for the rest of the year.

Bonus if he comes back at any point.
He was limited and missing practice before the procedure in August. So they've been shifting players around and creating multiples as a contingency since the beginning of camp. Nothing has been certain. It's been hope for the best, which we did not get, and prepare for the worst, which has not happened. It would have been much better if Nichols could have stepped in, which was the early expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back