Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I would be very surprised if our commits flipped.

Also who cares if someone passes us in rankings if our avg player ranking remains top 7ish? They would only be passing us due to quantity, not quality.
Heupel has never had equal quantity numbers and we won't until starting in 2028. That's crazy.

Last edited:
Reactions: jlawso21
I understand what you're saying and I've adjusted my expectations as well.

But you have to understand that 90% (probably more) of our fanbase and 75% of the national media/fans expect us to decapitate SC for what happened last year. If you are a good program on the rise, if you are a revived proud program, if you are taking those next steps that everyone wants to see us take... you destroy SC to send a message. So that's what they want to see. We don't have to destroy them, we just have to win.

Most recruits that we care about, most recruits that SC cares about, and undecided recruits of the southeast will be watching to see what happens, because both staffs have been pitching a vision for their program. Tennessee's proof of concept was last season, so as a program they can say they're further along. SC pissed in our Cheerios last year so they hold bragging rights.

Beamer is going to yell from the top of a mountain if they win. Everyone is going to know about it. He's going to try to go viral, he's going to be dropping outrageous sound bites and interviews. The SEC Network will run it non-stop, SportsCenter will play whatever he says and laugh.

I hate that it has to be that way because I agree that we are not prepared, but all of the chips are in the pot at this point.
Why do we always have to make everything the end of the freaking world?

By now everybody with a brain and powers of observation realizes that SC has a huge advantage at the games most important position this year.

That advantage was not obvious 4 weeks ago...it is now.

Reactions: berryvol
I know you have the emotional stability of a teenage girl. But, I refuse to believe you are that far lost to believe it will take a miracle to beat USCe at Neyland this season. You can't be that stupid. I got more belief in you than that.
Rattler eat our defense alive last year...our defense is little better...Milton is not on his level...QB is the games most important position and they are better than us at that position...and our OL is garbage to this point.

I don't understand how that is not apparent to you...this has not a damn thing to do with emotion, if anything, your position is based on emotion...not mine.

I want to win the game and I hope you are right.

Rattler eat our defense alive last year...our defense is little better...Milton is not on his level...QB is the games most important position and they are better than us at that position...and our OL is garbage to this point.

I don't understand how that is not apparent to you...this has not a damn thing to do with emotion, if anything, your position is based on emotion...not mine.

I want to win the game and I hope you are right.
Sensitive bunch in here.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Why do we always have to make everything the end of the freaking world?

By now everybody with a brain and powers of observation realizes that SC has a huge advantage at the games most important position this year.

That advantage was not obvious 4 weeks ago...it is now.
You're about to have about half of the posters on the Volnation recruiting forum tell you that Milton is clearly better than Rattler, and none of the struggles of our offense in 2023 have anything to do with Milton. They're wrong.

No he wasn't. Neither Hyatt nor Tillman played in the Orange Bowl, and Trey Smith wasn't even on the team last year.
OGC.fe5ac416998d9cbd879975cadd4b295f

Last edited:
I know you have the emotional stability of a teenage girl. But, I refuse to believe you are that far lost to believe it will take a miracle to beat USCe at Neyland this season. You can't be that stupid. I got more belief in you than that.
Plus...I appreciate your optimism...but it would be nice if you would lay off the personal attack. Using the word "miracle" was dumb, in another post I used "fortunate" instead.

It won't be a "miracle" to beat SC...you are right about that, but if we are going to beat them, we need Rattler to revert to the form he had before he played us last year for this game...I think that would be a "fortunate" circumstance, for he has been playing well.

Our offense has to play better or we will lose...I have seen little evidence it is capable right now....but hopefully they just haven't hit it off and it suddenly just gets better...

Yeah I'm not at all excited to see what Spencer freaking Rattler will do to our secondary... and he's never been anyone I worried about before.

But considering we just made Graham Mertz look elite...
We kinda make a lot of opposing QB's look great----hell, we even made a WR playing QB look great :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back