Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it not be the most Tennessee thing ever to win out this year after losing to Florida? I mean don't get me wrong. I'd so the odds of that are virtually zero and I am not pretending to make that prediction but if there was a year that Tennessee was going to win the title, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost to Florida that year. They just have our number down there.
The sooner we all get away from calling something a Tennessee thing that involves bad luck, being cursed, etc. , the better off we'll all be. We don't need any more self fulfilling prophecies up in here.

Last edited:
100%. And you would expect a 6’5 235lb qb to be like a TE in the backfield and could plow over defenders when running it, but a 5’10 185lb db can tackle him with ease

I think this is a huge part of the gripes about Milton. He has Tebow measurables but doesn’t play like it.

Also, he seems like a nice laid back dude. As fans, we don’t ever see the fire of a gladiator who supposedly put Banks on a wall. I remember reading a quote about Ralph Sampson that he was supremacy coated in apathy. Milton, fairly or not, looks like that on the field despite that his teammates seem to love him.

Reactions: bluegrasser
I don't believe he is solely responsible for every single play called. I do believe he gets suggestions and help with the play calling script. In fall camp Halzle even mentioned working on game preparation & the script, as well as the similiarities and differences of how he does it compared to how Golesh did it.

Aside from that, if Heupel has absolutely no outside influence on what he calls, I wish he would open it up more.
Point taken. I agree with this. I think we can agree he has the final say.

Everyone has already forgotten the obvious intervention of the SEC officials at every crucial conjuncture in the second half. We almost certainly would have pulled off a historic comeback otherwise. That's one of the primary ways they get away with it.
My God you're right. I remember when Ole Miss beat Bama how I saw bad things coming for Freeze. The same things happened to A&M when Manziel beat them. And Gus when Auburn beat them. When you beat Bama, Saban cries and his cucks all go into a frenzy. Georgia (Nick's boy) and Florida (Nick wants Napier in FL) stay out of this because they aren't annual rivals to St Nick. We need the Bammers out of Birmingham. What these guys better understand is that we're no longer appeased with 6-6 and 7-5. If they continue to mess with us, they might find out. The revolt started in 2021 Ole Miss. That was nothing. We don't have unknowledgeable casual fans like Colorado. We know when we're being fed a sh*t sandwich. We have a good coach and a upward trajectory now. If the establishment doesn't like it, they can be haters. But they better not actively stunt it.

he is working on improving his 40 time, and route running. Ya know, in college - at TN - it was a system thing that allowed him to win the Biletnikoff.
Its like, I understand he's not going to put some nasty juke move on somebody or shake him out of their shoes, but with his speed throwing him a drag or quick screen if he gets an angle on someone he should be gone. Hoping to hit a 40 yard bomb with him tonight isn't the smartest gameplan with the matchup we see in the trenches.

The OL is a problem.
Joe behind this OL is a problem.

If Joe behind this OL isn’t working with the current plan, then change the damn plan.

Find what Joe and this OL can do. And do that.

You can still spread the field.
You can still run tempo.

But for the love of God, try something other than 29 screen passes.

The OL is a problem.
Joe behind this OL is a problem.

If Joe behind this OL isn’t working with the current plan, then change the damn plan.

Find what Joe and this OL can do. And do that.

You can still spread the field.
You can still run tempo.

But for the love of God, try something other than 29 screen passes.
If we're gonna get beat, I wanna at least be throwing haymakers.

He was limited and missing practice before the procedure in August. So they've been shifting players around and creating multiples as a contingency since the beginning of camp. Nothing has been certain. It's been hope for the best, which we did not get, and prepare for the worst, which has not happened. It would have been much better if Nichols could have stepped in, which was the early expectation.
Can’t imagine Nichols would have done worse.

If we're gonna get beat, I wanna at least be throwing haymakers.
For sure.

Do something. Run power at tempo with play action deep shots? I don’t care. Just try something different.

Or figure out what’s not been working. Maybe it clicks. But don’t keep banging your head against the wall…

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back