Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean in his defense “35 years” he looks at his job as his own child he’s seen grow from the very lowest of lows to the highest of highs…we would be the same way if a coach with zero ties here came in and done away with the vol walk,Opening of the “T and rocky top being played through out the game..when it comes to messing with tradition it’s unsettling to most people who don’t like fixing things if they aren’t broken..just my take 🤷🏽‍♂️ I can understand.
I get you. But then real life says that there are leaders who are given responsibilities that they will fail or succeed at, and then there are people paid to call games.

Are you concerned and ask to discuss over a cup of coffee? Or are you in an argumentative pissing match with the head coach?

I don't know exactly what happened, but if it's true that he was trying to set the head coach of the football team straight about his decisions, and especially in a quasi-public manner, then he brought it on himself.

I get you. But then real life says that there are leaders who are given responsibilities that they will fail or succeed at, and then there are people paid to call games.

Are you concerned and ask to discuss over a cup of coffee? Or are you in an argumentative pissing match with the head coach?

I don't know exactly what happened, but if it's true that he was trying to set the head coach of the football team straight about his decisions, and especially in a quasi-public manner, then he brought it on himself.

I agree with everything you said….it’s definitely a odd situation…very unlike a PA announcer rocking the boat like that…I guess he felt because he had been there so long putting his time in that he carried the big stick😂

Reactions: Orange_Crush
eir way Woah NCAA is now pursuing rules that would allow them to penalize Donde and other university administrators. Crazy.

NCAA is flailing and desperately trying to intimidate their way back to power. It is like the last dying gasps of winter, there may be some bluster but everyone knows it's about over.

Things that bring a smile to my face as this week... so far. 🤣

1) The Bammers firing Eli Gold
2) The NCAA doubling down on their outrageous commie stupidity
3) The public seeing first hand with somebody else besides UT how Sankey's officials are so corrupt (UF/UA violent foul non-call in game followed by a suspension for one game for same since Bama won)

EDIT:
4) Grant Williams - lol at Boston and Dallas

Those folks are sure making mockeries of the heads-in-the-sand, nothing-to-see here posters.

3) The public seeing first hand with somebody else besides UT how Sankey's officials are so corrupt (UF/UA violent foul non-call in game followed by a suspension for one game for same since Bama won)

EDIT:

Those folks are sure making mockeries of the heads-in-the-sand, nothing-to-see here posters.
IMG_5385.gif

Amateurs don’t really exist anymore. Not at that level.
There never have been truly amateur athletes in the Olympics. Amateur athletes are the guys playing softball in a beer league. When I say amateur I mean not high profile professional athlete. Olympic athletes have always been paid, the bills must be taken care of.
I do think it was more fun watching our "second tier" school boy and girl athletes compete against the eastern blocs best professional men and women.

I'm not an avid poster, but I'm an avid follower. My rescue dog who I've had for 8 years passed and it was not a peaceful ordeal. I know everyone loves their dogs, but this dog was the heart and soul of our family. I'm devastated. Prayers and well wishes are welcome. Thanks guys. Go Vols.
Sorry. Prayers and condolences. Our four legged friends often are closer to us than the two legged ones.

But what about the OL and defense? Are they loaded or just have the few 5*s? Think they surprised a lot of teams last year or were really good?
Don't worry how good they are. They have the extra burden of having to live in Missouri and play for a commie school. With that extra weight they are doomed to being perpetual losers.

Reactions: Volunteer821

We can agree there might be reasons it could happen, but also relish that yet another rug pull happened on Bama right?

Loving every minute of the unwinding.

Amateurs don’t really exist anymore. Not at that level.
This all started over the pissing contest between United States and Soviet Union.
1972 USA got ripped off in gold medal game in basketball.
Then USA boycotted 1980 Summer Olympics, then Soviet Union boycotted 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.

Then in 1988 USA lost Gold Medal game again to Soviets, with Sabonis and Marculonis leading the way.

People forget the USA squad had David Robinson and Mitch Richmond 2 future HOF players plus an abundance of future NBA players.

Then USA said screw that we're sending Bird, Magic, Micheal and all the damn stars in 1992.
The rest is History per say.

Last edited:

EDIT:

1708696081699.gif

I'm not an avid poster, but I'm an avid follower. My rescue dog who I've had for 8 years passed and it was not a peaceful ordeal. I know everyone loves their dogs, but this dog was the heart and soul of our family. I'm devastated. Prayers and well wishes are welcome. Thanks guys. Go Vols.
😢🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back