Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
R.eaf57bf67e38745cb06c82e45f97ff6a
Whipped cream , chocolate sauce and handcuffs enough said....

Thats what you think my narrative is based on one matter-of-fact sentence? Who pissed in your Wheaties this morning man?😂 I mean I see where you might've picked up that as my underlying sentiment but it isn't the case.

I don't have a narrative! I don't think we are effed. I think the linebacker corp is the deepest group we have on defense actually. We will be fine. But I think there will be growing pains. I'm excited to see what Herring, Perry, Carter, and Telander can do.

I made that comment because it's actually decent context and because I saw someone last night say something along the lines of "well he only had 4 tackles so that shouldn't be hard to replace" and I think that's a myopic view.
We’re just on different ends of the spectrum. I was touting Colton Jumper in 2016 like everything was going to be fine. Lol

BUT, at least this time Herring is an actual player. I do have it on good authority from a former Blackman coach that out of the two Herring brothers, Elijah was always the guy giving their offense fits. TIFWIW

We’re just on different ends of the spectrum. I was touting Colton Jumper in 2016 like everything was going to be fine. Lol

BUT, at least this time Herring is an actual player. I do have it on good authority from a former Blackman coach that out of the two Herring brothers, Elijah was always the guy giving their offense fits. TIFWIW
That's good to hear.

Tbf, Jumper played great against Florida in 2016.

Prayers needed VN. I posted on here that our daughter told us on Father's Day that she was expecting. We just found out that our grandson has a genetic disorder called Trisomy 13. It is 100 percent fatal. Prayers needed at this time.
That's crushing news for you and the family. Praying for strength for your daughter and for all of you as you walk through this.

Pili was brought in for a reason so it’s definitely not good to lose him. I just hope he returns quickly.

Part of the reason he was brought in was because we still didn’t know how our young guys would pan out. I believe they’ve assuaged some of the concerns that led to Pili. I’m not saying he’s not a loss, but no need to force the concern here.

Keenan Pili injury could be a monumental loss and/or a blessing in disguise. The young guys are going to get thrust to the fire and learn fast. Hopefully they're ready and I do think in the long run they'll be better players. But it could cost us a game early not having Pili directing the defense and being the veteran general.
We’re fine. If Beasley goes down, we’re in trouble. Herring looked really good against UVA. He played a lot. And Carter getting more reps early means he is ready by UGA. He is the most talented linebacker on the team but he needs time to learn which this will help.

I'm kind of surprised we don't have more official visits set up for games. Cole is listed to visit this weekend. Hopefully he makes it in. Mikell and Okoye are listed to visit for the SCar game. Need Okoye to make it in. And Saleapaga is listed to visit for the Georgia game. That's it so far. It blows my mind that more kids aren't interested in us. Is it the negative spin we get in the media? We have great coaches, great tradition, an unbeatable gameday atmosphere, and we're riding a wave of success. It just seems like more kids would want to jump in. Especially over other SEC programs that aren't enjoying the same level of success.
Save room for transfers. I would be happy with our class as is (it’s pretty loaded). Add a bunch of transfers to fill it out.

What's up y'all? Trying to catch up, been awhile since I visited the ole RF. Hope everyone's been good. Didn't get to see much of the first game, my son had travel baseball but it looked like we took care of business. Obviously think we'll take care of business this weekend. Florida looked awful which is always a good thing.

I love stories like this. Cant imagine how difficult raising kids solo would be. World needs more of this.

Daniel Norris was on the hill vs Tampa a few weeks back. Granted i'm not sure about whether his Dad is still married, frankly none of my business.

The only connection is baseball. Dude struck out like 6 straight batters. Then walked 6-7 straight. Could literally feel every pitch. Felt so bad for the guy. Cant imagine as a parent seeing that happen.

I love stories like this. Cant imagine how difficult raising kids solo would be. World needs more of this.

Daniel Norris was on the hill vs Tampa a few weeks back. Granted i'm not sure about whether his Dad is still married, frankly none of my business.

The only connection is baseball. Dude struck out like 6 straight batters. Then walked 6-7 straight. Could literally feel every pitch. Felt so bad for the guy. Cant imagine as a parent seeing that happen.

Solo is tough…but raising one who isn’t biologically yours…tells you what kind of woman she is…props to her being there to witness it and giving him tough love…it was a good life lesson for him and it paid off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back