Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Low blow, bro. Not alright.....
GIF Roundup: Low Blows - Cageside Seats

With NIL & new transfer portal rules redshirting is pointless unless it's medical IMO.
Or for players that are going to take longer to get reps…like Brian Grant, Massai Reddick and this year Jaylin Smith amongst others. I think Shad Umarov is our future LT, but he’s not breaking into that rotation and I don’t see him declaring in two years. Plenty of examples like that still happen.

We do. I wasn't commenting on our current class. But recruiting isn't over. We still have needs to fill. The coaches haven't quit pursuing guys. For this being the recruiting forum, sometimes you guys act like talking about recruiting is taboo.

My reply wasn’t bc you were talking about recruiting. It was bc you were asking why more recruits aren’t interested. Like, they are lol. The proof of that is the ranking. And there are limited spots left + room for portal guys.

You're the last person that needs to say anything to anyone about posting something that has already been posted.

😭😂😂😂 easy killer…I’ve just giving back what’s been given to me on many occasions.if it wasn’t me it would have been @drvenner but he’s in the middle of taking laps right now so I just the filled role. Don’t shoot the messenger

1694097719824.gif

Last edited:
Pili was brought in for a reason so it’s definitely not good to lose him. I just hope he returns quickly.
Like Jeudy-Lally, he was BROUGHT IN to add to the room…not constitute the whole room. It’s never good to lose a potentially productive player…but that’s all he had time to be.

Damn, Injuries would be the only thing that could derail this amazing season. I hope the season ending rumors arent true SMH.
That comment is true for every team in the country. Injuries always play a role in your success or failure. That's why you need to build depth without talent drop off from the 1's, 2's and 3's

Or for players that are going to take longer to get reps…like Brian Grant, Massai Reddick and this year Jaylin Smith amongst others. I think Shad Umarov is our future LT, but he’s not breaking into that rotation and I don’t see him declaring in two years. Plenty of examples like that still happen.

True, you can usually get a RS out of OL and sometimes DL guys for this reason.

We still have needs in this class. Still have guys we're pursuing. I'm sure we'll also address the portal, but it's still a crap shoot, and seems like more of a bidding war than high school recruiting does. And we don't do bidding wars. Remember, that's why we supposedly lost out on Verse to FSU.

I'm not doubting the class will be fine, but we can still talk about needs, missing out on certain players, and we can acknowledge the bad things when they happen for what they are. Every staff in America has misses. Even ours. It's okay to admit that. It's not a criticism of Heupel and this staff. BVS has people on edge and overdefensive.
We will go above and beyond for someone we feel is going to change our program. They did for Nico. I would say our DL is doing just fine. They are damn good. Sure Verse would help, but culture is big to this staff too.

Any holes can be addressed with the transfer portal too. Have to remember, many kids will transfer after a year of not playing so we are selective with recruits too. The way we look on the field so far and how last year went seems to support what our staff is doing and who they recruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back